Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA in *A - Drop BR Gold in favor of UA Gold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT

With EVA in *A, I am curious as to everyone's approach toward earning mileage. As everyone may know, EVA in past has pretty bad value on mileage...

For example more than 40k miles to upgrade Elite to PL, when on UA, you can now use 60k miles to book o/w on EVA's PL. Granted.. I haven't called EVA lately to see what they can do for booking *A flights...

So these days, is it pretty much known that we'd be better off crediting miles toward mileage plus, and potentially losing some status? I'm basically a little stuck. Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
With EVA in *A, I am curious as to everyone's approach toward earning mileage. As everyone may know, EVA in past has pretty bad value on mileage...

For example more than 40k miles to upgrade Elite to PL, when on UA, you can now use 60k miles to book o/w on EVA's PL. Granted.. I haven't called EVA lately to see what they can do for booking *A flights...

So these days, is it pretty much known that we'd be better off crediting miles toward mileage plus, and potentially losing some status? I'm basically a little stuck. Any advice would be appreciated!
There were some discussions here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...reen-club.html
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: United
it depends on your flying pattern as well. how much do you fly EVA, within the States, etc.? MP is implementing a minimum spending in 2014 so you should factor that change into your definition of "value on mileage." if *G is all you want, why not just do a MR for A3 *G?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Originally Posted by opusone
it depends on your flying pattern as well. how much do you fly EVA, within the States, etc.? MP is implementing a minimum spending in 2014 so you should factor that change into your definition of "value on mileage." if *G is all you want, why not just do a MR for A3 *G?
Thanks for link to the thread!

I'm still trying to figure out this "balance" for myself, mainly because having MP miles is much more useful than IML. I've basically established a "temporary" accural method and that is, to retain IML gold and deposit rest of miles into MP.

One of the only difference between *G and IML Gold is probably the extra baggage and even that i don't use much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.