Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Star Alliance
Originally Posted by osmantrex
Flying IAH-TPE next week in RL, first time flying EVA. Anyone ex-NA have any of the following meals lately?

On-board options:
  • Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Mushroom Demi Glace Sauce Served with Mashed Pumpkin
  • Hainan Chicken Served with Assorted Vegetables and Chicken Rice
  • Soba Noodle Soup with Duck and Scallion Japanese Style Served with Traditional Delicatessens
Pre-order options:
  • Steamed SeaBass with Spicy Garlic Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice
  • Braised Lamb Neck Served with Polenta
  • Calvados Apple Glazed Pork Chop Served with Potato
  • Wild Mushroom Baked with Lobster Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Fingerling Potato
I'm torn between the beef, noodle soup, lamb, or lobster. If I got one of the pre-order options, what are the chances there would be any leftover on board meals I could grab if I wanted a second meal?
I had the beef. It was dry and pretty hard to chew. It could just be my luck but I personally didn't like it. Lobster has been hit or miss. But I've had it a couple of times and enjoyed it.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by 1337wafflez
I had the beef. It was dry and pretty hard to chew. It could just be my luck but I personally didn't like it. Lobster has been hit or miss. But I've had it a couple of times and enjoyed it.
Think I'll go for the lobster then. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:29 am

Took some BR flights back in November:
VIE to TPE I chose some Viennese boiled beef dish because it sounded local and I assumed the caterer would be pretty good at it. WRONG. Beef was dry and it tastes exactly like what you picture when you think of boiling beef...

TPE to LAX had cod. A little on the overcooked side but pretty good for a meal in the air.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by qszwdxefc
Took some BR flights back in November:
VIE to TPE I chose some Viennese boiled beef dish because it sounded local and I assumed the caterer would be pretty good at it. WRONG. Beef was dry and it tastes exactly like what you picture when you think of boiling beef...

TPE to LAX had cod. A little on the overcooked side but pretty good for a meal in the air.
Boiled Beef is a national dish in Austria and southern Germany, and it's definitely something you either like or don't. I would let up a bit on them over that, and kudos for trying to stay authentic.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:34 am

Anyone knows how early can we book the meals?
I've read T-21, but i am unable to choose.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Star Alliance
Just flew BR35.

Had the Pecan Crusted Lamb. Kind of chewy but overall tasted pretty good. Hard to cut at times with the utensils considered... I'd probably still put the lobster thermidor as my favorite choices.

Wild mushroom omelette for breakfast and it was fantastic. Blew my expectations. Tasted normal. Not that microwave egg type.

For a snack I went with the stir fry noodles. Nothing special. Nothing beats the eva burger though honestly.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
BR31 supper selection:

Moroccan Spice Lamb Chop with Au Jus Served with Assorted Vegetables and Couscous

Roasted Sesame Chicken in Brown Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Dan Zai Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens

ExclusiveWok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles

ExclusiveGrilled Pork Chop with Cafe de Paris Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potato with Cheese

ExclusiveFrench Chicken Breast with Balsamic Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Polenta Cake

ExclusiveMustard and Pepper Crusted Veal in Moreal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Basil
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I ordered the lobster and was not disappointed. The portion was decent and the meat tastes fresh (but somehow the meat in the clamp tastes differently and not that good). I like the sauce.

On the other hand, the appetizers were not that impressive.

Originally Posted by Lentibear
BR31 supper selection:

Moroccan Spice Lamb Chop with Au Jus Served with Assorted Vegetables and Couscous

Roasted Sesame Chicken in Brown Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Dan Zai Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens

ExclusiveWok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles

ExclusiveGrilled Pork Chop with Cafe de Paris Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potato with Cheese

ExclusiveFrench Chicken Breast with Balsamic Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Polenta Cake

ExclusiveMustard and Pepper Crusted Veal in Moreal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Basil
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by 1337wafflez
Had the Pecan Crusted Lamb. Kind of chewy but overall tasted pretty good.
That was also my opinion of the lamb - texture was bad, but at least the taste was correct.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
Just did SFO-TPE last week and this was my first time on EVA. I honestly was very impressed (Singapore J experience as a comparison).

My partner and I both pre-order our lunch. I had the Duck and He had the lobster (as well as half the cabin, LOL). The duck was good, it would have been excellent if it was a little warmer. BUT the lobster was fantastic, steaming hot and full of flavor (highly recommend)

I tried both the instant noodles (super basic) and soba noodles (beef was the highlight) for the snack service. He did the burger and it was slightly dry.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's good to hear especially given they are in the middle of a bitter strike by some flight attendants.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
It seems like pre-order meal is down due to the strike for my flight later this week. Any one knows when it will be back online?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Yeah, i have a flight coming Sunday night from IAH-TPE.. pre-order meals are still not available
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by carlos.htx
Yeah, i have a flight coming Sunday night from IAH-TPE.. pre-order meals are still not available
RL pre-order meals are back up for me.
carlos.htx and cennis like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:56 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I have a BR itinerary for next year (2020) including BR56 TPE-ORD departing @ 800pm and BR35 YYZ-TPE departing @ 145am. Will these flights have a full Royal Laurel meal service like a mid-day departure, or is it a truncated service due to late departure time?

Also, does the BR web site have current meal menus to view/download?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.