Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:51 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by darthmong
Agree, as long as pre-order is available at RL, it should be a minimal impact except it looks cheap in comparison to ANA or Asiana. (Not sure what CI is doing)
Does UA still offer four choices, as well?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
Does UA still offer four choices, as well?
Yes, should be. Here is a recent menu from earlier this year for TPE-SFO
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
BR is reducing RL menu choices down to 2 options starting January 1, 2019.
Seems only TPE to JFK/LAX/SFO got reduced to 2 options since they are featuring the new Tanfu cuisine.

Last edited by Lentibear; Dec 31, 2018 at 5:40 pm
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: VA Gold, IML Gold (*G), Accor Gold
I just checked for our upcoming flights (BNE-TPE and TPE-JFK) and it has now gone down to 2 choices for the first meal (dinner/supper) for the RL flight leaving TPE with 3 choices for refresher/breakfast. However, flight origininating in BNE (only premium laure) still has 3 choices for first meal.

I hope they have some good options on the online pre-order system as the standard choices for dinner/supper don’t appeal to me.

Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
With the reduction of main courses for only the first meal, it makes me wonder if they have a new service concept coming up. Currently, main courses eat up all of the oven space but if they plan on introducing something new thats hot(or doing a new concept that requires hot items other than the main), then the reduction could be explained.

Earlier this year, BR entered into a contract with a company to create new china for them. BR has also historically announced changes at the beginning of the year.
I guess that is this: New Service Coming? 全新服務升級發表會 ?

I would take 2 choices without preorder on BR any time over what UA has However, 2 items just does not look good on a menu that beautiful
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Star Alliance
Any updates on the food options for YYZ-TPE?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Here’s what offered for SIN to TPE and then on to YYZ a few days later. Any recommendations? Not quite sure on any of them. First 2 of each list is the regular meal offered on the flight.
SIN to TPE:
  • Braised Beef Short Ribs with Braising Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Gnocchi
  • Pan Fried Snapper with Olives and Tomato Coulis Served with Assorted Vegetables and Potatoes
  • Seafood Kway Teow Soup
  • Tomato Curry Fish in Indian Style Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
  • Pan Fried Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Horseradish Cream and Rosemary Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pesto Risotto
  • Grilled Chicken Thigh with Oregano Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Tomato Rice with Chorizo Sausage

And for the TPE to YYZ segment:
  • Braised Abalone and Scallop with Ginger and Scallion in Oyster Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
  • Roasted Herb Peppered Lemon Chicken with Mediterranean Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Couscous with Sun Dried Tomato and Coriander
  • Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
  • Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes
  • Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles
  • Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
  • Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
  • Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley
  • Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
  • Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Here’s what offered for SIN to TPE and then on to YYZ a few days later. Any recommendations? Not quite sure on any of them. First 2 of each list is the regular meal offered on the flight.
SIN to TPE:
  • Braised Beef Short Ribs with Braising Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Gnocchi
  • Pan Fried Snapper with Olives and Tomato Coulis Served with Assorted Vegetables and Potatoes
  • Seafood Kway Teow Soup
  • Tomato Curry Fish in Indian Style Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
  • Pan Fried Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Horseradish Cream and Rosemary Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pesto Risotto
  • Grilled Chicken Thigh with Oregano Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Tomato Rice with Chorizo Sausage

And for the TPE to YYZ segment:
  • Braised Abalone and Scallop with Ginger and Scallion in Oyster Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
  • Roasted Herb Peppered Lemon Chicken with Mediterranean Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Couscous with Sun Dried Tomato and Coriander
  • Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
  • Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes
  • Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles
  • Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
  • Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
  • Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley
  • Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
  • Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries
Had the Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables a few days ago. It did not look appetizing, but actually tasted quite good (but also salty).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Forgive me for a bit of a tangent, but I don't want to start a new thread for this; One of my meal highlights is the chili and black bean condiment.

EVA is the only airline I know of that offers this and I must confess that I love it. It's the highlight of my flights. I notice that I am one of the few who asks for it, despite it being mentioned on the menu. I am not based in Taiwan and don't stop over anymore. I can't find this in Thailand and I have looked for it in Canada (Toronto and Montreal). Does anyone know where I can find this in Toronto or Montreal? Yes there are variants of black bean sauce and chili stuff, but nothing is as good as the specific Taiwan style that EVA uses. Thank you.
PS and if you haven't tried this, you are missing out. It makes everything good, especially bland stuff like eggs or noodles on the 2nd meal service.
Lentibear likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Forgive me for a bit of a tangent, but I don't want to start a new thread for this; One of my meal highlights is the chili and black bean condiment.

EVA is the only airline I know of that offers this and I must confess that I love it. It's the highlight of my flights. I notice that I am one of the few who asks for it, despite it being mentioned on the menu. I am not based in Taiwan and don't stop over anymore. I can't find this in Thailand and I have looked for it in Canada (Toronto and Montreal). Does anyone know where I can find this in Toronto or Montreal? Yes there are variants of black bean sauce and chili stuff, but nothing is as good as the specific Taiwan style that EVA uses. Thank you.
PS and if you haven't tried this, you are missing out. It makes everything good, especially bland stuff like eggs or noodles on the 2nd meal service.
I would recommend asking the FA next time if you haven't already. IIRC, they load those in the original jar.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Looks like "XO Sauce" to me, with the little dried shrimps .

https://usa.lkk.com/en/products/xo-sauce Available at Asian supermarkets in Toronto. Other brands available too.

Upscale Chinese restaurants (Lai Wah Heen in Toronto, IIRC) serve it as the default hot sauce. i.e. no extra charge. As the dried scallops and stuff are expensive ingredients.

Crown Princess in Toronto has a lunch time dim sum dish "Scallop Rice Roll with XO sauce" ( XO 醬 帶子腸粉) , with the XO sauce on the side.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
On my TPE to YYZ flight, they ended up adding one more option, which was the Angus beef tenderloin with wine sauce or pink salt, (took the salt). It was not bad at all for a steak at 35k feet
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I will be on BR 52 in early March. The last time I flew BR from TPE to the United States was 2 years ago, as many of my BR segments are within Asia.
My only question from the menu is what is in the "Sauteed Seafood?" Does anyone have a photo of this dish?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:44 pm
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist
Hi All,

I will be traveling on BR15 & BR225 in a few weeks (really excited )

Below are the meal choices for my flights.
Has anyone ever had the Potato Wrapped Chilean Sea Bass with Spinach Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables? If so, is it good?

Thanks!
Lisa

BR15 LAX - TPE
Supper
- Braised Berkshire Pork Cheeks with Braising Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Beets Puree
- Pan Seared USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Port Wine Sauce, Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Arugula Mashed Potatoes
- Noodle Soup with Seafood Served with Traditional Delicatessen
- Onion Chicken Roll with Abalone Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
- Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
- Braised Pork with Preserved Vegetable Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
- Roasted Duck with Juniper Cherry Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Potato Wrapped Chilean Sea Bass with Spinach Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables

Breakfast
- Taiwanese Style Congee Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Egg Pancake with Leek and Assorted Mushroom with Vegetables
- Egg Benedict
- Almond Croissant Bread Pudding Served with Apple Wood Smoked Bacon and Mix Berries

BR225 TPE - SIN
Breakfast
- Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Silky Bean Curd with Chopped Carrot and Salted Egg Yolk Sauce, Eggplant with Yu-Shiang Sauce
- Pork Lasagna with Tomato Concasse
- Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:11 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
Today on my flight BR202 BKK-TPE my pre-order meal choice was cancelled because it is made from pork. Is this related to the Taiwan government tightening the enforcement on swine flu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.