EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was on this route late last month,and the menu looks identical. I went with the Sea Bass entree from the regular menu. It was very tasty. Regretfully, I don't have access to my photos this week, as I am sure that I took a picture of it.

I was on the 8AM departure, so I didn't really want anything too heavy that early. Saved some appetite for the mid-flight burger, which was delicious.
Menus are changed every 3 months. Next menu change is 1/1!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
LAX-TPE BR11

The special order pesto potato wrapped sea bass was delicious.

Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Ah, thanks. I am still getting up to speed on Eva.

The 2nd courses look different, so I imagine the menu posted is for the evening departure.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was on this route late last month,and the menu looks identical. I went with the Sea Bass entree from the regular menu. It was very tasty. Regretfully, I don't have access to my photos this week, as I am sure that I took a picture of it.

I was on the 8AM departure, so I didn't really want anything too heavy that early. Saved some appetite for the mid-flight burger, which was delicious.
Prior to seeing this comment, I had narrowed it down to 3, and the sea bass was one of them. At first I was worried that the chive cream sauce would be too heavy and take away from the delicacy of the sea bass, since sea bass itself is so light and tasty that it doesn't even need much of a sauce, but I am glad to hear you had no complaints about it.

I too enjoy the mid flight burger and always look forward to it.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Thats good to know , I will be flying out on the 16th from JFK-TPE-BKK so will see what options there are. BTW for my flight it says i can pre order meal on 26th that would be with the old menu yes no ? or will they have converted to the new menu?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by cm007d
Thats good to know , I will be flying out on the 16th from JFK-TPE-BKK so will see what options there are. BTW for my flight it says i can pre order meal on 26th that would be with the old menu yes no ? or will they have converted to the new menu?
The current menu is listed on the EVA Mobile App(though not the exclusive items).

Your preorder will be based off of the new menu. Menus are finalized about 1 month ahead of its release into service.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Here is what is showing as the options for ORD->TPE in late December
It is scheduled to be a Hello Kitty flight, but I don't think that makes any difference, correct?

Probably going to choose the Chicken Stir Fry (Ginger & Honey) and the Omelette, unless anyone has bad feedback on them...

Supper

Chilean Seabass en Papillotte with Herb Vegetables and Potatoes

Truffle Brioche Stuffed French Chicken Breast with Black Truffle Jus and Miexed Vegetalges

Noodle Soup with Fried Pork Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Seared Rack of New Zealand Lamb with Thyme Jus Served with Mushroom Polenta Crespelle and Vegetables

Stir Fried Chicken with Ginger and Honey Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice and Mixed Vegetables

Stir Fried Lobster Meat in Chinese Spicy Garlic Served with Egg Fried Rice and Assorted Vegetables

Kung Pao Prawns Served with Egg Fried Rice and Assorted Vegetables

Braised Veal Cheek with Rosemary Jus Served with Mahsed Celeriac and Grilled Baby Carrot

Breakfast

Omelette with Tomato and Cheese Served with Grilled Chicken Sausage and Potato Roesti

Plain Congee Served with Traditional Delicatessens,Egg Pancake with Tomato, Braised Tofu Stuffed with Minced Pork

French Toast with Nutella Served with Chocolate Sauce and Raspberry Coulis

Last edited by goodeats21; Dec 15, 2017 at 7:18 am Reason: formatting
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
BR 35 YYZ TPE January
Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potatoes
Chicken Wrapped with Prosciutto with Bearnaise Sauce Served with Vegetables and Quinoa
Tan Tze Noodle Served with Lotus Root and Shimeji Mushroom
Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Sea Bass with Ginger Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese
Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice
Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables
Meal service not required

Breakfast:
Asparagus and Brie Omelette with Chicken SausagePlain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Shiitake Mushroom, Stir Fried King Oyster with Julienne PorkZucchini and Squash Quiche with Grilled Canadian Bacon

Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
Anyone try vegetarian or vegan options? What did it consist of? Flying YYZ - TPE next week, and wondering what my wife might end up with!

I've ordered the Lobster Thermidor for next week...will report back.
Hi Tyler! How was the Vegan meal? Did your wife like it?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Westwood818
Hi Tyler! How was the Vegan meal? Did your wife like it?
I checked my phone, and I didn't take any pictures of it which is not typical for me! MY wife can't even remember what she had on that flight, so I guess it wasn't the best she's had nor was it the worst!

Sorry about that - I asked the question, and didn't even answer it for others!

I enjoyed my meal (pre-order steak, inflight burger, and western breakfast which was pasta and mussels????).
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:34 pm

Thanks, Tyler! I'm debating whether I should choose the Vegetarian Oriental over the Vegetarian Vegan meal. I saw a video online and it looked okay.

Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
BR 35 YYZ TPE January
Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potatoes
Chicken Wrapped with Prosciutto with Bearnaise Sauce Served with Vegetables and Quinoa
Tan Tze Noodle Served with Lotus Root and Shimeji Mushroom
Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Sea Bass with Ginger Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese
Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice
Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables
Meal service not required

Breakfast:
Asparagus and Brie Omelette with Chicken SausagePlain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Shiitake Mushroom, Stir Fried King Oyster with Julienne PorkZucchini and Squash Quiche with Grilled Canadian Bacon

got the same menu flying out end of the month
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:25 pm

I am flying JFK-TPE-MNL next month and below are my options, I was leaning towards the lobster or lamb rack but I have not heard good things in this thread. Any recommendations?
Supper

Crusted Seabass with Corn Chowder Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
Noodle Soup with Braised Pork Rib Served with Traditional Delicatessens
Florentine Chicken with Pizzaiola Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pearl Barley
Wok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles
Stir Fried Seabass, Shrimp and Scallop in Braising Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Multigrain Rice
Roasted Lamb Rack with Demi Glace Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
Braised Beef Short Rib with Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Rutabaga and Chive
Breakfast

Cheese Omelette Served with Veal Sausage and Rosti Potatoes
Chinese Plain Congee served with Traditional Delicatessens and Pan Fried Egg with Corn and Scallion, Stir Fried Chicken and Celery
Deep Fried Bun with Ham and Egg Served with Traditional Delicatessen and Sweet Congee with Osmanthus and Pumpkin

TPE-MNL Leg
Honey Glazed Chicken with Sesame Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Wok Fried Seafood with Fermented Rice in Chinese Tomato Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Ramen

Last edited by Ceci Lia; Dec 24, 2017 at 2:27 pm Reason: formatting
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:59 pm

And one more question: if I do not like one of the special meals I ordered, am I able to select one of the in-flight options? Do they load more of the in-flight meals? Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:08 am

Upcoming ORD to TPE Flight:

Supper

Grilled USDA Prime Angus Beef Fillet with Red Pepper Reduction and Sesame Jus or Crystal Salt Served with Baked Potato Terrine and Asparagus

Seafood Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Grilled Chilean Seabass Served with Sauteed Spinach and Potato and Fennel Mousseline with Saffron

Grilled Chicken Stuffed with Ricotta and Prosciutto Served with Rosmary-Mashed Potato and Mixed Vegetables

Seared Rack of New Zealand Lamb with Thyme Jus Served with Mushroom Polenta Crespelle and Vegetables

Stir Fried Chicken with Ginger and Honey Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice and Mixed Vegetables

Gratinated Lobster with young vegetables and Mashed Potato

Stir Fried Lobster Meat in XO sauce Served with Steamed Rice and Assorted Vegetables

Breakfast

Plain Congee Served with Traditional Delicatessens,Egg Pancake with Pickled Turnip , Spicy Ground Tofu with Minced Pork

Asparagus Omelette Served with Grilled Turkey Ham and Potato Rosti

Deep Fried Apple Ring with Lemon Vanilla Sauce

This is my first Eva flight and most of the menu sounds good for supper, not so sure about any of the breakfast options. For supper, i'm leaning towards the Gratinated Lobster with young vegetables and Mashed Potato or the Stir Fried Chicken with Ginger and Honey Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice and Mixed Vegetables. I love lamb and beef, but at 2 am i would rather eat something a little lighter. Any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.