Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by ArtVandelay Industries
Thank you! When I fly the opposite route (JFK > Taipei) I always prefer a light meal like you mentioned as my flight always takes off at 1:25 AM. The few first times I filled up so much on steak and bread, that it was very challenging to try and sleep once meal service was done, which can be around 330-4 am.

Thanks for the risotto information. I was actually curious when I saw it online as I wondered how the consistency of proper risotto can be held on a plane. I don't mind if it's more like fried rice at all. I'd rather have good fried rice than bad risotto
No problem. I think I had the "risotto" ex-YYZ, IIRC.

I would much prefer a fried rice rendition of what BR (or whoever does their catering) calls risotto, since I don't like the gloopy mess that reheated risotto is.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:03 pm

YYZ-TPE August 2017

Supper

Grilled Prime Beef with Cabernet Sauce or Crystal Pink Salt Served with Vegetables and Mashed Potato

Udon Noodle Soup with Shrimp and Wonton Served with Marinated Chicken and Cucumber Julienne

Seared Salmon with Maple Dijon Sauce Served with Vegetables and Pilaf Rice

*Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

*Herb Crusted Sea Bass with Saffron Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

*Pecan Crusted Lamb Rack with Raspberry Balsamic Demi Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Chateau Potatoes

*Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice

Breakfast

Cream Cheese and Turkey Omelette with Roesti Potato

Plain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Mushroom, Stir Fried Spinach with Ground Pork

Crepe with Apple and Ricotta Cheese

Last edited by Skink; Aug 3, 2017 at 4:34 pm Reason: add * for exclusive meals
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by Skink
YYZ-TPE August 2017

Supper

Grilled Prime Beef with Cabernet Sauce or Crystal Pink Salt Served with Vegetables and Mashed Potato

Udon Noodle Soup with Shrimp and Wonton Served with Marinated Chicken and Cucumber Julienne

*Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

*Herb Crusted Sea Bass with Saffron Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

*Pecan Crusted Lamb Rack with Raspberry Balsamic Demi Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Chateau Potatoes

Breakfast

Plain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Mushroom, Stir Fried Spinach with Ground Pork

I've had the stir-fried lobster with XO sauce and it was excellent.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Skink
YYZ-TPE August 2017

Supper

Breakfast

Seems like BR has returned to offering steak on the supper flights. Must have had a lot of unhappy people complaining about that disgusting Beef Noodle soup they were serving.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:45 am

Recently flew from Saigon to JFK via TPE on RL. Will post some food pictures along with a mini review soon. Before I do I have a question however. I usually never visit the galley in search of snacks. No real reason why. This time I decided to see what they offered since I read some reviews that there were packages of chips, etc and fiji bottled water that they replaced every time someone took one (even if there was still plenty more). I was seated in seat 2 so towards the front. The entire trip I checked the front galley and the Back galley between the 2 RL cabins 3 times, and and all 3 times there was never any snack, beverages, sandwiches chips or anything! No signs of any refreshments at all. One time the FA asked me if I wanted something since she saw me perusing the area but I actually didn't want anything specific. I just curiously wanted to see what type of snacks they offered in RL. Is this a common occurrence for the galleys to be completely empty, especially in RL class? I find it hard to believe they forgot to pack snacks the entire trip in both galleys but I do find it strange that nothing was left out the entire trip. At first I thought maybe they don't leave anything out in the galley for RL passengers since the FA expect to bring them everything so they never have to leave their seats, but I've seen many reviews on RL that do show snacks/refreshments in the galley so I quickly discounted that idea.

Last edited by ArtVandelay Industries; Aug 10, 2017 at 4:53 am
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:50 am

Recently flew from Saigon to JFK via TPE on RL. Will post some food pictures along with a mini review soon. Before I do I have a question however. I usually never visit the galley in search of snacks. No real reason why. This time I decided to see what they offered since I read some reviews that there were packages of chips, etc and fiji bottled water that they replaced every time someone took one (even if there was still plenty more). I was seated in seat 2 so towards the front. The entire trip I checked the front galley and the Back galley between the 2 RL cabins 3 times, and and all 3 times there was never any snack, beverages, sandwiches chips or anything! No signs of any refreshments at all. One time the FA asked me if I wanted something since she saw me perusing the area but I actually didn't want anything specific. I just curiously wanted to see what type of snacks they offered in RL. Is this a common occurrence for the galleys to be completely empty, especially in RL class? I find it hard to believe they forgot to pack snacks the entire trip in both galleys but I do find it strange that nothing was left out the entire trip. At first I thought maybe they don't leave anything out in the galley for RL passengers since the FA expect to bring them everything so they never have to leave their seats, but I've seen many reviews on RL that do show snacks/refreshments in the galley so I quickly discounted that idea.
Interesting. It is normally in a basket near 2L(small, 2 cart duty free storage area). Perhaps you were looking in the wrong place? It also might be because the flights ex-TPE are shorter so they offer less items in the middle of the flights.

The front galley is not set up for pax to visit. They normally draw the curtain and switch the lights off in there. It is used more for storage.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Interesting. It is normally in a basket near 2L(small, 2 cart duty free storage area). Perhaps you were looking in the wrong place? It also might be because the flights ex-TPE are shorter so they offer less items in the middle of the flights.

The front galley is not set up for pax to visit. They normally draw the curtain and switch the lights off in there. It is used more for storage.

I'm sorry, what do you mean by 2L? It's possible that I looked in the wrong place and missed it but I checked both front and back galleys 3 times. This was on my trip from Taipei to JFK so it was the long leg. I assumed they would have put snacks out on that leg since its 15 hours. I didn't even bother to check from Saigon to Taipei since it's only 3 and half hours.

Are you saying the snacks are only put out in the galley between the front and mini cabins, and not in the galley directly in front of where I was sitting? (seat 2). Again I did check the back galley as well...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:51 am

I'm sorry, what do you mean by 2L?
The 2nd aircraft door from the front on the left.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:28 pm

I'm sorry, what do you mean by 2L? It's possible that I looked in the wrong place and missed it but I checked both front and back galleys 3 times. This was on my trip from Taipei to JFK so it was the long leg. I assumed they would have put snacks out on that leg since its 15 hours. I didn't even bother to check from Saigon to Taipei since it's only 3 and half hours.

Are you saying the snacks are only put out in the galley between the front and mini cabins, and not in the galley directly in front of where I was sitting? (seat 2). Again I did check the back galley as well...
2L is second door on the left of the aircraft.
The middle galley is where they place snacks. There is no snack setup on the short flights, only long-hauls.
The front galley is used mostly for storage and there is no snack set up in there.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: EVA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Plus
LAX-TPE 9/1 flight

Lunch

-Braised Berkshire Pork Belly with Jus Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Corn Polenta
-Assorted Seafood with Creamy Crab Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Steamed Rice
-USDA Prime Angus Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Port Wine Sauce, Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Arugula Mashed Potatoes
-ExclusiveStir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served Seasonal Vegetables, Egg Fried Rice
-ExclusiveBraised Pork with Preserved Vegetable Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Steamed Rice
-ExclusiveRoasted Duck with Juniper Cherry Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Sweet Potatoes
-ExclusiveBraised Beef Cheek with Port Wine Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Vegetable Barley Risotto
-ExclusivePotato Wrapped Chilean Seabass with Spinach Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables

Refreshing Meal

-Taiwanese Style Congee Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Egg Pancake with Leek and Assorted Mushroom with Vegetables
-Pasta with Smoked Chicken Creamy Pesto Sauce
-Gratin Ricotta Cheese Salmon and Crab Cannelloni with Tomato Coulis
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:19 pm

Hi all,

this is slightly off topic, but I'll be flying TPE to ORD next February. Does EVA serve Krug on that route?

thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
I had their Prime Beef this week on TPE-YYZ and it was perfectly cooked medium-rare. One of the best I've ever had in the air. Makes me wonder how other airlines can get it so wrong.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
I had their Prime Beef this week on TPE-YYZ and it was perfectly cooked medium-rare. One of the best I've ever had in the air. Makes me wonder how other airlines can get it so wrong.
it all depends on the skills of the crew reheating the food. if they leave it in the oven too long or at too high a setting, the steak would be dry and overdone
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi all,

this is slightly off topic, but I'll be flying TPE to ORD next February. Does EVA serve Krug on that route?

thanks!
IIRC, they do. For Hello Kitty flights, they have Krug Rose!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: EVA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Plus
9/15 TPE ->LAX

Supper

Herb Pecan Crusted Cod Fillet with Citrus Flavoured Vinaigrette Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fettuccine

Braised Pork Spare Ribs in Oriental Tomato Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Din Tai Fung Noodle Soup with Steamed Chicken Served with Traditional Delicatessens

ExclusiveGrilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

ExclusiveRack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

ExclusivePan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

ExclusiveWok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

ExclusiveRoasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

ExclusiveBraised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

ExclusiveAssorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

ExclusiveSauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

ExclusiveHealthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal

Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Scrambled Egg with Crab Meat and Soybean and Stir Fried Asparagus with Wolfberry and Lily Bulb

Noodle Soup with Fried Chicken Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Gratinated Creamy Seafood Crepe with Pesto Dressing and Garden Green Salad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.