Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Yes. As for the refreshing meal, I'd get the noodle soup, but that's just me.

Thanks for posting the menu. Am planning to do YYZ TPE with an immediate turn the next week or two. I need to fly. Do you have the menu for BR35 by any chance?

Thanks!
Thanks! I will let my dad know to get the 3cup chicken. & Sorry SAP... this is my dad's return trip which I transferred him my miles for the upgrade. He flew BR35 in January so that menu won't help. I can't find the regular menu on the website but on the EVA iOS app I can see the regular menu for BR35. Check it out if you have the app.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by petah
Thanks! I will let my dad know to get the 3cup chicken. & Sorry SAP... this is my dad's return trip which I transferred him my miles for the upgrade. He flew BR35 in January so that menu won't help. I can't find the regular menu on the website but on the EVA iOS app I can see the regular menu for BR35. Check it out if you have the app.
Thank you Petah!

Good to know. Will do just that

I hope he enjoys the 3cup chicken. It's one of my favorite meals on BR!!

(ok to be fair, it's one of my favorite meals in life!) It's a true Taiwanese meal!
Old May 25, 2016, 3:00 pm

It is under "more -> flight service -> meal inquiry". I thought the website had it as well but I cannot find it anymore.

My dad would like the 3cup chicken and definitely the rice. He can't go a day without rice, lol.

Enjoy your trip!
Old May 25, 2016, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by petah
It is under "more -> flight service -> meal inquiry". I thought the website had it as well but I cannot find it anymore.

My dad would like the 3cup chicken and definitely the rice. He can't go a day without rice, lol.

Enjoy your trip!
Hahahaha. I'm the same way! Thanks for the kind wishes
Old May 25, 2016, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent experiences with the lamb chop? Recommended?
Old May 26, 2016, 10:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Any recent experiences with the lamb chop? Recommended?
Yes, but I prefer the duck breast even if that hasn't changed in like forever.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:29 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
BR858+BR75+BR76+BR827 (hkg-tpe-bkk-ams-bkk-tpe-hkg)

HKG-TPE, TPE-BKK-AMS, AMS-BKK-TPE, TPE-HKG

Early June 2016 menu

BR858 HKG-TPE (Evening flight)
1. Braised Beef in Korean Style Served with Steamed Rice and Mixed Vegatables (韓式風味煨牛腩佐配白飯及鮮蔬集錦)
2. Pan Fried Chicken Breast Wrapped with Bacon Slices with Onion-Brown Sauce Served with Gratinated Red Skin Potato and Mixed Vegetables (洋蔥布朗醬嫩煎雞脯培根捲佐配焗紅皮洋芋及鮮蔬集錦)

BR75 TPE-BKK-AMS
Breakfast service for TPE-BKK segment
1. Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Kailan Sprout with Chinese Wolfberry, Steamed Savoury Minced Pork with Salted Egg Yolk (寶島清粥佐傳統風味小菜、枸杞芥蘭、鹹蛋黃蒸肉餅)
2. Ham and Cheese Sandwich (火腿乳酪法式三明治)
3. Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens (鼎泰豐紅燒牛肉麵佐傳統風味小菜)

Lunch service for BKK-AMS segment
1. Pork Fillet in Green Curry Sauce Served with Steamed Rice (泰式綠咖哩豬里肌佐配白飯)
2. Baked Lamb Chop with Almond and Italian Parsley Crust Served with Pan Fried Black Olive Polenta (杏仁香料烤羊排佐橄欖栗米餅)
3. Wok Fried Prawn with Oriental Black Peppercorn Sauce Served with Egg Fried Rice (中式香酥蝦佐黑胡椒醬搭配蛋炒飯)
4. **Beef Fillet with Balsamic Onion Marmalade Served with Vegetables and Paprika Potato Wedge (炙烤牛排陳酒洋蔥醬佐配時蔬及辣椒風味洋芋)
5. **Steamed Cod Fish with Dried Mandarin and Fermented Black Bean in Superior Soya Sauce Served with Steamed Rice (陳皮豉汁蒸鱈魚佐時蔬及白飯)
6. **Stir Fried Chili Prawn Singapore Style Served with Fried Noodles (香辣明蝦佐時蔬及炒麵)

Pre-arrival service for BKK-AMS segment
1. Chicken Breast with Tomato Concasse Served with Risotto (番茄醬汁雞佐義式燉飯)
2. Champingon Mushroom with Parmesan Cheese Served with Penne Pasta (蘑菇乳酪斜管麵)
3. Stir Fried Snapper Fish with Onion,Chinese Celery and Soy Bean Sauce Served with Udon Noodle (洋蔥西芹燒魚排佐烏龍麵)

BR76 AMS-BKK-TPE
Supper service for AMS-BKK segment
1. Cod Paupiette with Tomato Olive Sauce Served with Steamed Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables (鱈魚捲佐番茄橄欖醬佐配洋芋及鮮蔬集錦)
2. Roasted Pork with Sesame in Coffee Sauce Served with Steamed Rice and Mixed Vegetables (香烤芝麻豬排佐咖啡醬佐配白飯及鮮蔬集錦)
3. Grilled Beef Tournedos with Red Port Wine Sauce Served with Potato Gratin and Mixed Vegetables (嫩煎牛排佐波特紅酒醬佐配焗烤洋芋及鮮蔬集錦)
4. **Chicken Stuffed with Prawn Paste with Sweet Chili Sauce Served with Steamed Rice (泰式酸辣雞捲佐配白飯)
5. **Braised Seafood in White Curry Sauce Served with Steamed Rice (白咖哩海鮮佐配白飯)
6. **Chicken Supreme with Orange Lemon Sauce (炙烤雞腿肉佐香橙檸香醬)
7. **Lobster Thermidor/Mixed Vegetables/Saffron Rice (奶油起司焗龍蝦佐配番紅花飯)
8. **Beef Tournedos with Madeira Sauce Served with Polenta Cake and Mixed Vegetable (嫩煎牛排佐馬德拉酒醬佐配鮮蔬及栗米餅)

Pre-arrival service for AMS-BKK segment
1. Braised Beef Brisket in Tomato Sauce Served with Shell Pasta (茄醬燉牛肉及貝殼麵)
2. Red Quinoa and Grilled Prawns with Lemon Oil (香烤檸香鮮蝦及黎麥)
3. Roasted Chicken Served with Stir Fried Rice with Five Types of Mushrooms (炙烤香雞佐五菇炒飯)

Dinner service for BKK-TPE segment
1. Beef Shoulder Massaman Served with Steamed Rice (馬沙曼燉牛肩肉佐配白飯)
2. Bacon Wraps Pork Medallion in Pommery Mustard Sauce Served with German Noodle (培根里肌卷佐芥末籽醬佐配德式麵條)
3. Wok Fried Snapper Fish with Pickle Lemon Sauce Served with Mee Sua with Vegetables (陳皮檸檬魚排佐配時蔬炒麵)
4. **Stuffed Fish Ball with Salted Egg in Green Curry Served with Steamed Brown Rice (泰式黃金魚球綠咖哩佐糙米飯)
5. **Roasted Chicken Terkyaki Marinated with Miso Sauce Served with Steamed Rice with Black Sesame Seed (味噌照燒雞佐時蔬及芝麻白飯)

BR891 TPE-HKG (Evening flight)
1. Steamed Cod Fillet with Cardinal Capsicums Sauce Served with Pesto Orecchiette Pasta and Mixed Vegetables (清蒸鱈魚排佐彩椒龍蝦醬佐配青醬朵麵及鮮蔬集錦)
2. Wok Fried Tender Pork Slices and Shrimp in Silken Tofu Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice (鮮蝦肉片玉板佐配鮮蔬集錦及白飯)

Surprised by wide varierty of selection for AMS-BKK-TPE segments.
I guess I am getting tired with HKG-TPE & TPE-HKG meals. Same selection regardless of timing of day as my previous flights. (First world problem I know :-P)

Last edited by royng; Jun 2, 2016 at 12:06 am
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: EVA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Plus
LAX->TPE 6/5/16

still deciding....
Dinner

Pork Belly Parcel Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Steamed Rice

Grilled Chilean Seabass with Creamy Saffron Mussels Sauce, Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potatoes

Braised Beef Short Ribs and Chicken Breast Pot Au Feu in Truffle Jus Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Yukon Gold Potatoes

Exclusive Angus Prime Beef Fillet with Port Wine Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Creamy Mashed Potato

Exclusive Grilled Berkshire Pork Chop with Candied Kumquat Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Pumpkin

Exclusive Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served Seasonal Vegetables, Egg Fried Rice

Exclusive Duck A Lorange Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Parsnip Puree

Exclusive Veal Chop with Creamy Morel Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potatoes

Refreshing Meal

Noodle Soup with Roasted Duck Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Angel Hair Pasta with Prawn Puttanesca Sauce

Smoked Chicken Ravioli with Pesto Veloute

Anyone try any of these before?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Brief review of BR31 & BR891 meals

Late May 2016 menu for BR31 and BR891

BR31 JFK-TPE
First Meal (supper service)
To begin-

4. **Wok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed vegetable and Steamed Rice(蔥薑龍蝦佐配鮮蔬集錦及白飯)

Close-up of the lobster:

Dessert:

Mid-flight snack (made to order)

Second Meal (breakfast service)
To begin: (cereal and bread not shown)

2. Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Frittata with Beef Sausage (焦糖洋蔥蘑菇烘蛋佐牛肉腸)

Comments:
Lobster's presentation was messy; otherwise meals were tasty and enjoyable, except the fries of burger which were not hot enough. All crew were attentive.

BR891 TPE-HKG (breakfast service)
(Bread not shown)
1. Steamed Cod Fillet with Cardinal Capsicums Sauce Served with Pesto Orecchiette Pasta and Mixed Vegetables (清蒸鱈魚排佐彩椒龍蝦醬佐配青醬朵麵及鮮蔬集錦)

2. Wok Fried Tender Pork Slices and Shrimp in Silken Tofu Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice (鮮蝦肉片玉板佐配鮮蔬集錦及白飯)

Comments:
Pork slices were major disappointment being tasteless. Cod fillet was good though.

Last edited by royng; Jun 1, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by justmexp
LAX->TPE 6/5/16

still deciding....
Dinner

Exclusive Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served Seasonal Vegetables, Egg Fried Rice

Anyone try any of these before?
Justmexp, the lobster looks like this

Messy in presentation, good in taste (but not to the level of very good). I read earlier in this thread that lobster at times is prepared poorly.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: EVA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by royng
Justmexp, the lobster looks like this

Messy in presentation, good in taste (but not to the level of very good). I read earlier in this thread that lobster at times is prepared poorly.
Do you think you would chose something other than the lobster if you had a choice again?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by justmexp
Do you think you would chose something other than the lobster if you had a choice again?
If same menu I would pick lobster again (it wasn't bad). But for sure if there's more exciting option I would switch. After all, it's plane food.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
Pre-ordered rack of lamb grossly overcooked -- possible catering outstation issue?

I pre-ordered the rack of lamb on a recent YYZ-TPE flight in business class and it was disgracefully overcooked. A lovely cut was ruined by clueless preparation. It was like a piece of meat that my late maternal grandmother would have cooked, she having been of the "we cook it until the blood is no longer evident" culinary tradition.

Is this a catering outstation issue? The steak that I had in business class on the TPE-CGK flight to which I connected was properly prepared, so part of me wonders if this was a mess created by whichever company caters EVA Air flights at YYZ. Has anyone reading this thread enjoyed similar experiences at EVA Air outstations? I wonder whether I should avoid pre-ordering meals on EVA Air in the future or just at certain EVA Air outstations. Thoughts?

Last edited by Maclock; Jun 22, 2016 at 7:47 am
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:44 pm

BR35 June-2016

Supper

- Pan Seared Seabass with Tarragon Cream Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potato Chateau Saffron
- Noodle Soup with Braised Beef Brisket Served with Cantonese Marinated Pickles
- Grilled Pork Chop with Apple Demi Glace Sauce Served with Vegetables and Horseradish Mashed Potato

Exclusive: Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive: Stir Fried Shrimp and Scallop with Ginger Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Exclusive: Braised Beef Short Rib with Black Vinegar Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Exclusive: Mint Crusted Lamb Rack with Red Wine Porcini Demi Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Creamy Polenta
Exclusive: Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese
Exclusive: Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice

Family of 3 - trying Pan Seared Seabass, Stir Fried Shirmp and Scallops, and Braised Beef Short Ribs
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Maclock
I pre-ordered the rack of lamb on a recent YYZ-TPE flight in business class and it was disgra cefully overcooked. A lovely cut was ruined by clueless preparation. It was like a piece of meat that my late maternal grandmother would have cooked, she having been of the "we cook it until the blood is no longer evident" culinary tradition.

Is this a catering outstation issue? The steak that I had in business class on the TPE-CGK flight to which I connected was properly prepared, so part of me wonders if this was a mess created by whichever company caters EVA Air flights at YYZ. Has anyone reading this thread enjoyed similar experiences at EVA Air outstations? I wonder whether I should avoid pre-ordering meals on EVA Air in the future or just at certain EVA Air outstations. Thoughts?
Either catering in YYZ sucked... or the dish was heated up too long. I had steak on BR35 early this year and it was very good.

Did you ask for another main meal as replacement? I would have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.