Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Timing doesn't matter either; I've taken BR35 which departs YYZ at 0145, and I enjoy my stir-fry lobster or xo lobster everytime.

Originally Posted by Happy
... top of that, I realize that TPE-IAH only has Supper service due to the very late night departure after 11pm.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:25 pm

Oct. YYZ-TPE - never seen thermadore before but only XO or stir fry. Do they still make the omelette on the flight?

Supper

Pan Seared Sea Bass with Lemon Cream Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Brown Rice

Cordon Bleu Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Lyonnaise Potatoes

Noodle Soup with Pork Loin Served with Stir Fried Vegetables

SP - Garlic Mint Crusted Rack of Lamb Served with Assorted Vegetables and Creamy Polenta

SP - Deep Fried Pork in Chinese Plum Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice

SP - Lobster Thermidor Served with Assorted Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice

SP - Artichoke Ravioli with Mushroom Bolognese

Breakfast

Mushroom Omelette Served with Tomato Braised Beans and Lyonnaise Potatoes

Chinese Plain Congee with Traditional Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Ham, Stir Fried Squash, Asparagus and Onion

Turkey and Vegetable Frittata Served with Canadian Bacon and Roasted Potatoes

Oct. TSA - HND

Odd, no Japanese special meal?

Any thoughts? DTF?

Light Meal

Beef Stuffed with Cheese Served with Apple Brown Sauce, Turmeric Flavoured Potatoes

Teriyaki Pork Served with Chicken and Pollack Roe Roll

Din Tai Fung Juicy Pork Dumpling Served with Relish Chicken Soup

SP - Pan Seared Halibut Fillet on Pesto Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos with Kalamata Olives

SP - Braised Beef Shank, Tendon and Tripe in Superior Soya Sauce with Noodles

SP - Pan Fried Lamb Loin with Truffle and Mushroom Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Red Skin Chunky Potatoes

SP - Braised Pork Knuckle and Sea Cucumber in Superior Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
Timing doesn't matter either; I've taken BR35 which departs YYZ at 0145, and I enjoy my stir-fry lobster or xo lobster everytime.
Thanks. Need to make a note to remember ordering meal T-21. Hard to remember it when this is in the middle of a miniRTW.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:46 am

I forget when the ordering window closes (might be T-24 or 48 hours), but ordering a week out is fine, especially if one has a wide variety of options from which to choose.

Originally Posted by Happy
Thanks. Need to make a note to remember ordering meal T-21. Hard to remember it when this is in the middle of a miniRTW.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I forget when the ordering window closes (might be T-24 or 48 hours), but ordering a week out is fine, especially if one has a wide variety of options from which to choose.
I assume the meal order option will become live when it is in the window to order? As right now only the seat selection is clickable. The meal order just tells me the eligible class of services eligible for this benefit. I did not know then EVA operates in a 21 days window, as opposite to SQ.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Peasant at large
Yes, it'll be enabled automatically and bring you to the selection page when you're within the order window.
Happy likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Topcare
Oct. YYZ-TPE - never seen thermadore before but only XO or stir fry. Do they still make the omelette on the flight?
Supper
Pan Seared Sea Bass with Lemon Cream Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Brown Rice
Cordon Bleu Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Lyonnaise Potatoes
Noodle Soup with Pork Loin Served with Stir Fried Vegetables
SP - Garlic Mint Crusted Rack of Lamb Served with Assorted Vegetables and Creamy Polenta
SP - Deep Fried Pork in Chinese Plum Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice
SP - Lobster Thermidor Served with Assorted Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice
SP - Artichoke Ravioli with Mushroom Bolognese
Breakfast
Mushroom Omelette Served with Tomato Braised Beans and Lyonnaise Potatoes
Chinese Plain Congee with Traditional Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Ham, Stir Fried Squash, Asparagus and Onion
Turkey and Vegetable Frittata Served with Canadian Bacon and Roasted Potatoes
Oct. TSA - HND
Odd, no Japanese special meal?
Any thoughts? DTF?
Light Meal
Beef Stuffed with Cheese Served with Apple Brown Sauce, Turmeric Flavoured Potatoes
Teriyaki Pork Served with Chicken and Pollack Roe Roll
Din Tai Fung Juicy Pork Dumpling Served with Relish Chicken Soup
SP - Pan Seared Halibut Fillet on Pesto Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos with Kalamata Olives
SP - Braised Beef Shank, Tendon and Tripe in Superior Soya Sauce with Noodles
SP - Pan Fried Lamb Loin with Truffle and Mushroom Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Red Skin Chunky Potatoes
SP - Braised Pork Knuckle and Sea Cucumber in Superior Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Anyone? Window for return flights will open soon. Hopefully a good Japanese choice from HND to TSA.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Peasant at large
TPE-SEA over the weekend with pre-ordered meals:

Dinner: Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes
Meat was tasty and tender, served nicely warm. More than enough for me when taking the whole meal service into account but if you're used to 16oz ribeyes, you'll be needing a double portion.

Pre-landing: Savoury Rice Vermicelli Noodle Soup with Pork and Taro Served with Traditional Delicatessens
I thought tis was really poorly done. Bland, served barely lukewarm (no turbulence before/during service) and meat was in large poorly cut chunks with lots of tendons. Accompaniments had more flavor but didn't go with the main noodle soup at all. This was supposed to be some special royal laurel option. I highly recommend against it.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
BKK-VIE last Sunday with the pre-ordered meal for late dinner (Deep fried lobster with teriyaki sauce served with steamed rice).

Late dinner (Sky gourmet)

The deep fried lobster was one of the best meals I´ve had I was really glad I pre-ordered it

Snacks and breakfast
pineapple_juice likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:20 am

Any recommendations on a br6 flight this month? i bought the ticket wit avianca code share and they dont let u choose meals with codeshare. choices are:

Tans Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice

Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dijon Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Fettucine

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Balsamic Vinegar Brown Sauce with Capers Served with Assorted Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Star Alliance
Originally Posted by Dudex
Any recommendations on a br6 flight this month? i bought the ticket wit avianca code share and they dont let u choose meals with codeshare. choices are:

Tans Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice

Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dijon Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Fettucine

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Balsamic Vinegar Brown Sauce with Capers Served with Assorted Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes
Both the prime beef and duck breast were chewy for me... tasted alright. If you like fish I'd definitely go for it. Seafood options never failed me on BR especially the lobster. Hehe
Dudex likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:36 pm

Does BR serve different champagne on the ground vs in the air? What pre departure drinks do they typically offer?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue; Miles & More Frequent Traveller; Marriott Rewards Gold;
Hello! Can anyone advise on the portion size of the Child Meal in Royal Laurel? I will be flying BR68 next year with a 9 and a 7 year old and can't decide whether to order a Child Meal (which they may prefer) or order off the regular menu. The EVA Air website suggests a Child Meal is suitable for "2 years old<children< 5 years old" suggesting it could be quite small.

Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:23 am

Child's Meal

I thought the portion size was huge. Nothing from the pre-order menu interested me, so I booked a child's meal. I could not finish either servings, even though I can eat for days, normally.

Originally Posted by hi_fly
Hello! Can anyone advise on the portion size of the Child Meal in Royal Laurel? I will be flying BR68 next year with a 9 and a 7 year old and can't decide whether to order a Child Meal (which they may prefer) or order off the regular menu. The EVA Air website suggests a Child Meal is suitable for "2 years old<children< 5 years old" suggesting it could be quite small.

Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks.
royng and Dave510 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue; Miles & More Frequent Traveller; Marriott Rewards Gold;
I thought the portion size was huge. Nothing from the pre-order menu interested me, so I booked a child's meal. I could not finish either servings, even though I can eat for days, normally.

Thanks so much for the pics...helps make a decision!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.