Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
How do you know if any pre-order item is Din Tai Fung, or are those not available for pre-order?
It will say Din Tai Fung when you order it.

Never fail on the plane.

The breakfast and noodle soup are excellent. Especially the beef noodle soup.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by krispykrme

Never fail on the plane.

Nothing on the pre-order menu said DTF. Should I not pre-order in order to try DTF on the regular menu then? This is LAX-TPE-SIN RT.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing on the pre-order menu said DTF. Should I not pre-order in order to try DTF on the regular menu then? This is LAX-TPE-SIN RT.
My guess is that if it does not say, then it is not. In that case, I guess try the DTF in Glendale or Arcadia or Singapore
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by username
My guess is that if it does not say, then it is not. In that case, I guess try the DTF in Glendale or Arcadia or Singapore
Oh yeah, forgot the pre-order menu already includes the regular menu
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Here is my pre-order menu for 9/21 on EVA 28.

"Din Tai Fung Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wonton and House Steamed Beef Soup"

Like username said. If it does not say DTF. Then its not DTF.

DTF in US taste no where close to their Taiwan counterpart.

However, that being said. The best DTF is actually not in Taiwan anymore. The Shanghai one that is at 2nd floor of Park Hyatt Shanghai is the best i have eaten.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by krispykrme

Never fail on the plane.

I am very disappointed to see the Din Tai Fung beef noodle soup is not available on my next flight..

It has been available on the same route for years and is the only meal that I know exactly what to expect and have always enjoyed.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:10 pm
msm

Thank you for all the great info here. I did not even know it was possible to preorder meals but for this thread.

LAX-TPE on 19 SEP 2014 and looking forward to my meals:

Supper:
Wagyu Beef Sirloin with Truffle Hollandaise Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potato with Kale

Breakfast:
Taiwanese Style Congee Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Egg Pancake with Basil, Mixed Mushroom with Snap Peas and Carrot
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: MR Plat
Aww, only 2 extra available on br035 yyz-tpe

Roasted Halibut with Creamy Chive Sauce,Seasonal Vegetables and Roasted Fingerling Potato
Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Morel Sauce,Mixed Vegetables and Gratin Potato
Noodle Soup with BBQ Pork Served with Okra with Sesame Sauce
*Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken with Tomato Olive Oil Basil Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Creamy Polenta
*Roasted Truffle Crusted Salmon with Chive Cream Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Potato
*Meal service not required
* Exclusive meals not available on the inflight menu card.

Flight No:BR0035 YYZ-TPE Valid until:11/30/2014
Breakfast Meals
Plain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Pickled Radish,Stir Fried Asparagus with Ground Pork
Asparagus and Porcini Quiche
French Toast with Cinnamon Mascarpone
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Here are on-line menu choices for a flight that I plan to take next month. Has anyone tried the Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup option?

Flight:BR0225 TPE-SIN Valid until: 11/30/2014

Main Course of Breakfast
Taiwnese Plain Porridge serve with Cold Delicatessens, Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Scallion , Wok Fried Button Mushroom with Three Cup Sauce
Asparagus Omelette with Chicken Sausage
Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup, and Traditional Cold Delicatessens
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:39 am
msm

Originally Posted by msm
Thank you for all the great info here. I did not even know it was possible to preorder meals but for this thread.

LAX-TPE on 19 SEP 2014 and looking forward to my meals:

Supper:
Wagyu Beef Sirloin with Truffle Hollandaise Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potato with Kale

Breakfast:
Taiwanese Style Congee Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Egg Pancake with Basil, Mixed Mushroom with Snap Peas and Carrot
The steak was not terrific. It was not very good at all. Quite a let down, actually.

But, a week later Eva totally redeemed herself. Upstairs in Super Business on a 747-400 Combi serving BR272 from Manila to Taipei, I was served a Salmon dish that was just phenomenal. It was unexpected and really very good.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by msm
The steak was not terrific. It was not very good at all. Quite a let down, actually.

But, a week later Eva totally redeemed herself. Upstairs in Super Business on a 747-400 Combi serving BR272 from Manila to Taipei, I was served a Salmon dish that was just phenomenal. It was unexpected and really very good.
Steak was really dry and not fattening at all. It was very skinny and dry overall.

The other dishes are pretty good
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:13 am

We are flying BR 31/255 from JFK/TPE/DPS and I tried to order meals, but I was unable to do so as the software would not allow me to do so. I wrote down which options my wife and I wanted for all 4 of our flights and called EVA in NYC. The agent was not able to order them as well, although he told me he was able to order only dinner on BR31. I hung up and the next day called the 800 # and the agent tried again but she could not order meals as well. She told me she could order 1 special meal for all flights, so I had her order seafood for us on all flights. It will be interesting to see what we get for breakfast on BR31 that is seafood.
I will try again when we check in at JFK on 10/4.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
I will try again when we check in at JFK on 10/4.
At check-in is too late to order meals. There is a T-24 limit on "Book the Cook".
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by RandomNobody
At check-in is too late to order meals. There is a T-24 limit on "Book the Cook".
Yes, I understand this needs to be done 24 hours ahead, but we still can do our second flight for TPE to DPS.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:01 am

Updated recommendation?

These are our choices for our upcoming flight in November, from LAX to TPE. The options with a * are only available as pre-catered. I probably would have gone with the Wagyu Beeef Sirloin, but the consensus seems to think that's a bad choice. Any recommendations? Thanks.

- Duck Breast with Blueberry Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mustard Mashed Potato
- Jidori Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Parmesan Bread Pudding
- Oriental Lobster in Ginger and Spring Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
- *Wagyu Beef Sirloin with Truffle Hollandaise Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potato with Kale
- *Chilean Seabass with Crispy Bean Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Egg Fried Rice
- *Poached Cornish Hen, Seasonal Vegetables, Saffron Fingerling Potato
- *Rack of Lamb with Tapenade, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Parsnip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.