EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals

Old May 5, 17, 12:14 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
DTF is available on most Japan flights.
Old May 5, 17, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by felxcat View Post
I guess that makes sense, since there is a Din Tai Fung in Seattle. But I'm surprised that the TPE-JFK route doesn't have the "Star Special".
There's like, four DTF restaurants in the Los Angeles area, but I don't recall ever seeing DTF as an option ex-LAX.

(Arcadia, Glendale, Torrance, and Costa Mesa)
Old May 11, 17, 9:15 pm

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Flew B77W SIN-TPE and A333 (new cabin) TPE-CTS, I do love their tablecloth and menu design.
Old May 28, 17, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Menu for BR56 TPE-ORD

Dinner

*Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dijon Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fettuccine
*Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Balsamic Vinegar Brown Sauce with Capers Served with Mixed Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes
*Golden Fried Prawn Coated with Almond Flakes with Shiso Prune Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
*ExclusiveGrilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos
*ExclusiveRack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
*ExclusivePan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos
*ExclusiveSauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pilaff Rice
*ExclusiveWok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles
*ExclusiveRoasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos
*ExclusiveBraised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice
*ExclusiveAssorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley
*ExclusiveSauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables
*ExclusiveHealthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal

*Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Cantonese Sausage and Green Bean,Scrambled Egg with Black Fungus and Carrot Julienne
*Linguine with Sauteed Seafood in White Wine Cream Sauce
*Savoury Rice Vermicelli Noodle Soup with Pork and Taro Served with Traditional Delicatessens
Will probably go for the porridge for arrival meal, but not sure for dinner. Thinking about getting one of the lamb, duck, or grouper exclusives.
Old Jun 11, 17, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
BR730 / TPE-TSN / 2017-06-11
A321
Business class lunch

Name:  CabinFood-MealBR730-201706-1.jpg
Views: 3310
Size:  20.6 KB
The menu

Name:  CabinFood-MealBR730-201706-2.jpg
Views: 3306
Size:  43.1 KB
A good South African Diemersfontein Pinotage 2014, Wellington

Name:  CabinFood-MealBR730-201706-3.jpg
Views: 3759
Size:  57.4 KB
The octopus was a bit chewy but I like octopus.

Name:  CabinFood-MealBR730-201706-4.jpg
Views: 4595
Size:  72.4 KB
The beef filet was tender, not too raw nor over-cooked.

Name:  CabinFood-MealBR730-201706-5.jpg
Views: 3457
Size:  55.4 KB
Fruit, dessert and coffee

Unfortunately, in looking at the menu for the return TSN to TPE, I won't be able to sample the stir-fried scallop with shrimp roes because I will be at the back in economy class.
Old Jun 15, 17, 6:59 am

I just got back from flying RL JFK>TPE>SGN last week. I chose the exclusive meal: wok fried lobster with ginger and green onion sauce. It was very good. I was shocked at how big it was and I apologize for not taking any pictures which I always do. It was half a Canadian lobster and that was more than enough. I was worried it would be a warm water lobster tail; the ones with no claws, as I much prefer cold water lobsters. Canadian lobsters arent as good as Maine but the meat was still very firm and succulent. It came with stirfried noodles which was ok; nothing to brag about.

The refreshing meal or snack was excellent as well. I had the choice between the burger or seafood noodle soup. I've had the burger before (also surprisingly good) so I choose the noodles. It came with 3 large shrimp which must have been 8-12 size. The broth was very good. It hit the spot. The breakfast was ok, nothing to write about so I won't. I should have just asked for another bowl of noodles!

I will be making the return flight in a couple weeks; SGN>TPE>JFK so if anyone has any questions regarding menu or anything else I can definitely try to help
Old Jun 15, 17, 7:00 am

Great pictures!

Originally Posted by jazzhou View Post
BR730 / TPE-TSN / 2017-06-11
A321
Business class lunch

Attachment 34089
The menu

Attachment 34090
A good South African Diemersfontein Pinotage 2014, Wellington

Attachment 34091
The octopus was a bit chewy but I like octopus.

Attachment 34092
The beef filet was tender, not too raw nor over-cooked.

Attachment 34093
Fruit, dessert and coffee

Unfortunately, in looking at the menu for the return TSN to TPE, I won't be able to sample the stir-fried scallop with shrimp roes because I will be at the back in economy class.
Old Jun 15, 17, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ArtVandelay Industries View Post
I just got back from flying RL JFK>TPE>SGN last week. I chose the exclusive meal: wok fried lobster with ginger and green onion sauce. It was very good. I was shocked at how big it was and I apologize for not taking any pictures which I always do. It was half a Canadian lobster and that was more than enough. I was worried it would be a warm water lobster tail; the ones with no claws, as I much prefer cold water lobsters. Canadian lobsters arent as good as Maine but the meat was still very firm and succulent. It came with stirfried noodles which was ok; nothing to brag about.

The refreshing meal or snack was excellent as well. I had the choice between the burger or seafood noodle soup. I've had the burger before (also surprisingly good) so I choose the noodles. It came with 3 large shrimp which must have been 8-12 size. The broth was very good. It hit the spot. The breakfast was ok, nothing to write about so I won't. I should have just asked for another bowl of noodles!

I will be making the return flight in a couple weeks; SGN>TPE>JFK so if anyone has any questions regarding menu or anything else I can definitely try to help
Thanks for posting. I am on JFK->TPE later this month and was just looking at the available choices on their website. I appreciate your feedback on the meals.
Old Jun 15, 17, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
Thanks for posting. I am on JFK->TPE later this month and was just looking at the available choices on their website. I appreciate your feedback on the meals.

You're welcome. Not sure if you can see all the exclusive meals yet on the website so I attached a photo of mine, which should be the same as yours. I had a really hard time deciding between the lobster and rack of lamb, but I decided to switch it up since I always get meat. Coincidentally the gentleman to the left of me had the lamb and loved it.

I should say that the noodles that went with the stir fried lobster were good, not just "ok" like i had previously mentioned in my earlier post. Don't want anyone to think they were bad.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 15, 17, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
You're welcome. Not sure if you can see all the exclusive meals yet on the website so I attached a photo of mine, which should be the same as yours. I had a really hard time deciding between the lobster and rack of lamb, but I decided to switch it up since I always get meat. Coincidentally the gentleman to the left of me had the lamb and loved it.

I should say that the noodles that went with the stir fried lobster were good, not just "ok" like i had previously mentioned in my earlier post. Don't want anyone to think they were bad.
Yes, those are the options I am seeing. Thanks for the effort in posting.

I have had some very good sea bass meals of late, so I was actually going to just stick with the on-board choice of crusted sea bass with corn chowder sauce.
Old Jun 19, 17, 9:12 am

SGN>TPE>JFK

I will be flying RL Taipei > JFK soon and below are my meal options. Usually I know what I want right away but nothing in this lists really makes my mouth water. Has anyone ever had any of the options below and can comment on?

Braised Abalone and Scallop with Ginger and Scallion in Oyster Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Roasted Herb Peppered Lemon Chicken with Mediterranean Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Sun Dried Tomato with Coriander Couscous

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes with Bacon

Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pilaff Rice

Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

The first options interests me. I love abalone.... However I have only ever had it sashimi style in Toyko where it was still moving when it was served since it was so fresh. So obviously I'm worried I will be let down. Other than that I may opt for one of the similiar beef dishes.... Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old Jun 19, 17, 10:47 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold
I will be flying RL Taipei > JFK soon and below are my meal options. Usually I know what I want right away but nothing in this lists really makes my mouth water. Has anyone ever had any of the options below and can comment on?

Braised Abalone and Scallop with Ginger and Scallion in Oyster Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Roasted Herb Peppered Lemon Chicken with Mediterranean Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Sun Dried Tomato with Coriander Couscous

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes with Bacon

Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatos

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatos

Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Pilaff Rice

Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

The first options interests me. I love abalone.... However I have only ever had it sashimi style in Toyko where it was still moving when it was served since it was so fresh. So obviously I'm worried I will be let down. Other than that I may opt for one of the similiar beef dishes.... Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
I had the roasted pork spareribs on a recent flight and was happy
Old Jun 19, 17, 11:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Ambassador

**SNIP**

I've had the Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata sauce + truffle risotto before. I actually really enjoyed it. It was a light dish and perfect size for not getting stuffed before trying to sleep for a while.

The "truffle risotto" is much more akin to a truffle-scented fried rice but it's still nice nonetheless.
Old Jun 21, 17, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by planr View Post
I had the roasted pork spareribs on a recent flight and was happy
Thank you for your input! That actually looked very tempting to me as well as pork spareribs is not something I often see as a meal choice. Glad to know I'll enjoy it if chosen

Last edited by ArtVandelay Industries; Jun 21, 17 at 7:02 am
Old Jun 21, 17, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by bj27 View Post
I've had the Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata sauce + truffle risotto before. I actually really enjoyed it. It was a light dish and perfect size for not getting stuffed before trying to sleep for a while.

The "truffle risotto" is much more akin to a truffle-scented fried rice but it's still nice nonetheless.

Thank you! When I fly the opposite route (JFK > Taipei) I always prefer a light meal like you mentioned as my flight always takes off at 1:25 AM. The few first times I filled up so much on steak and bread, that it was very challenging to try and sleep once meal service was done, which can be around 330-4 am.

Thanks for the risotto information. I was actually curious when I saw it online as I wondered how the consistency of proper risotto can be held on a plane. I don't mind if it's more like fried rice at all. I'd rather have good fried rice than bad risotto

Search this Thread