Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks for posting the ORD->TPE menu.

I have the same route in late December. Not being very familiar with EVA, would the choices typically be different for my flight? Not sure how often they rotate items...

Thanks.
The Meal Inquiry on EVA Mobile App indicates that the menus are valid until 2016/12/31.

You may access the Meal Inquiry (less the exclusive online meals) via web at http://m.evaair.com
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: m&m
Originally Posted by asiadxer
The Meal Inquiry on EVA Mobile App indicates that the menus are valid until 2016/12/31.

You may access the Meal Inquiry (less the exclusive online meals) via web at http://m.evaair.com
Thank you for the information. But despite selecting "english" the menu sticks to chinese characters.

The following URL works for me: https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EV...l-inquiry.aspx
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by asiadxer

Originally Posted by uncleflori
Thank you for the information. But despite selecting "english" the menu sticks to chinese characters.

The following URL works for me: https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EV...l-inquiry.aspx
Thanks to you both. Very helpful.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Skink
I ended up changing my routing to LAX - TPE, and my November menu was the same one that chenalex just posted for his December flight.
Any recommendations?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:14 pm
Suspended

BR35

Braised Pork with Soya Sauce Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Noodle Soup with BBQ Duck Served with Marinated Konnyaku and Cucumber

Pan Seared Sea Bass with Creamy Dill Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potatoes

I will decide on-board (Exclusive meal will not be available.)

Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese

Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice

Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, OZ*S, KL
Anybody here familiar with the special meals that EVA serves in PL/RL? I'm flying BNE-AMS , and am pescetarian (mostly vegetarian but do eat fish). In my experience the VLML offered in J/C on some airlines can be rather disappointing, so I'm wondering if I'll be better off pre-ordering one of the seafood dishes.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by sibelius
Anybody here familiar with the special meals that EVA serves in PL/RL? I'm flying BNE-AMS , and am pescetarian (mostly vegetarian but do eat fish). In my experience the VLML offered in J/C on some airlines can be rather disappointing, so I'm wondering if I'll be better off pre-ordering one of the seafood dishes.
The main dish of the VLML is the same in all cabins, its just they put it on a plate for you. The stuff that goes along with it varies by cabin. You can always ask them to request them to load an extra seafood meal. They generally will. There seafood is pretty good too, i think you would be better off ordering a seafood dish.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:38 pm

Ignore
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Titanium+LTG
SFO-TPE December 2016

• Grilled Prime Beef with Garlic Dijon Crust with Herb Demi Glace, Vegetables and Potato Gratin
  • Noodle Soup with Prawn Served with BBQ Pork and Roasted Duck, Kailan with Ginger Soy Sauce
  • Pork with Five Spice Sauce, Sauteed Scallop with King Oyster Mushroom Served with Vegetables and Fried Rice with Mushroom
  • *Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Scallion Sauce Served with Steamed Rice and Mixed Vegetable
  • *California Fresh Halibut with Basil Pistou and Asparagus
  • *Lamb Rack with Jus and Haricot Verte, Roast Radicchio and Gratin Flageolet
  • *Grilled Kurobuta Pork Chop with Demi Glaze, Vegetable and Red Bliss Potato
  • *Veal Stew with Porcini Mushroom Served with Potato Au Gratin and Colorful Carrot

Any recommendations or disrecommendations?
I've had the lobster before. How are the others?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by PaclantFlyer
  • Grilled Prime Beef with Garlic Dijon Crust with Herb Demi Glace, Vegetables and Potato Gratin
  • Noodle Soup with Prawn Served with BBQ Pork and Roasted Duck, Kailan with Ginger Soy Sauce
  • Pork with Five Spice Sauce, Sauteed Scallop with King Oyster Mushroom Served with Vegetables and Fried Rice with Mushroom
  • *Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Scallion Sauce Served with Steamed Rice and Mixed Vegetable
  • *California Fresh Halibut with Basil Pistou and Asparagus
  • *Lamb Rack with Jus and Haricot Verte, Roast Radicchio and Gratin Flageolet
  • *Grilled Kurobuta Pork Chop with Demi Glaze, Vegetable and Red Bliss Potato
  • *Veal Stew with Porcini Mushroom Served with Potato Au Gratin and Colorful Carrot

Any recommendations or disrecommendations?
I've had the lobster before. How are the others?
These are all new items. I do have to say the Potato Au Gratin out of SFO is delicious but I have never had the stew before.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Din Tai Fung onboard?

I will be flying TPE-CTS-TPE late December, do you guys have any good recommendations out of these choices? Has anyone tried the Din Tai Fung options such as Xiao Long Bao or Spicy Wonton?
Also, if I order the dietary special meals, will the meal be the same as economy class or would it be different? Thanks!!

TPE-CTS
  • Broiled Miso Chicken Served with Savoury Rice with Shimeji Mushroom and Shredded Bean Curd Skin
  • Steamed Cod Fillet Rolled with Pesto-Duxelles on Mushroom Cream Sauce Served with Trumeric Flavoured and Beet Root Flavoured Duchesse Potatoes
  • Din Tai Fung Juicy Pork Dumpling
  • ExclusiveRack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
  • ExclusiveRoasted Pork Spare Rib with Pommery Mustard and Apricot Compote Served with Mixed Vegetables and Duchesse Potato

CTS-TPE
  • Grilled Salmon with Sweet Miso Sauce with Mixed Vegetables and Grilled Potatoes
  • Grilled Chicken Thighs with Barbecue Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potatoes with Bacon
  • "Din Tai Fung" Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wonton
  • ExclusiveStir Fried Beef with Oyster Sauce Served with Fried Rice
  • ExclusiveStir Fried Chicken with Lotus Root and Deep-Fried Tofu Served wtih Takana Vegetable Rice
  • ExclusivePork Fillet Topped on Grain Mustard with Demi Glace Sauce Served with Potatoes
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by l380
Has anyone tried the Din Tai Fung options such as Xiao Long Bao or Spicy Wonton?
Wow, I flew BR in RL three years ago and had no idea this same dish was still being offered. I enjoyed the spicy pork & shrimp wonton but I do recall that I ended up waking up from a nap with a really dry mouth due to the sodium. I'm sure the Taiwan Beer I had didn't help, either.

Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Options for YYZ-TPE in a couple weeks:

Supper
Exclusive Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese
Exclusive Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice
Exclusive Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables

Breakfast
Omelette with Wild Mushroom Ragout
Plain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Chinese Sausage, Tofu and Mushroom with Oyster Sauce
Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Options for YYZ-TPE in a couple weeks:

Supper
Exclusive Stir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Exclusive Grilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese
Exclusive Lobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice
Exclusive Potato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables

Breakfast
Omelette with Wild Mushroom Ragout
Plain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Chinese Sausage, Tofu and Mushroom with Oyster Sauce
Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata
Stir fried lobster was excellent
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I will be on BR56 on Royal Laurel prior to CNY holiday. Call it, a late birthday gift.
This will be my first time doing a long haul on Royal Laurel, previous time being a PEK-TPE hop I did about 3 years ago.

Questions:
1. I see the menu already but will BR offer Californian wines on this flight? Or is it the usual French Bordeaux options with another 2 options from a non France country?

2. What is the whiskey being offered by BR now? I remember it was Johnnie Walker Black Label when I took it last time and the Kavalan whiskey. Has this changed?

3. Is the champagne still Cliquot?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.