Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I don't think they can overcook the duck breast but I cannot tell you for sure cause I never tried that option.
Duck breast was very good. I'll post a pic I took when I have more time.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
The steak has always been good. Over 20+ flights in 3 years, I have never had a bad beef dish. My favourite condiment is the black bean and chili sauce. It is addictive and makes everything taste good. I ask for it with every meal. There have been a few times when they haven't had it and I was heartbroken. The garlic bread is also very good. Now that soup is back on the menu, I hope they can serve it hot and not lukewarm as was the case last flight. BR is the only airline's catering I have never complained about. It beats some airline's first class offerings (hello TG).
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by gengar
Duck breast was very good. I'll post a pic I took when I have more time.
Here's a picture of the duck. I found it very average tasting.

Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
The steak has always been good. Over 20+ flights in 3 years, I have never had a bad beef dish. My favourite condiment is the black bean and chili sauce. It is addictive and makes everything taste good. I ask for it with every meal. There have been a few times when they haven't had it and I was heartbroken. The garlic bread is also very good. Now that soup is back on the menu, I hope they can serve it hot and not lukewarm as was the case last flight. BR is the only airline's catering I have never complained about. It beats some airline's first class offerings (hello TG).
I like the lobster but it's no longer there as an option.

I tried the steak and then I just... it's too hard... note the beef tenderloin is actually pretty good, but the steak... leaves a lot to be desired (at least for me).
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I like the lobster but it's no longer there as an option.
Lobster still available for my upcoming flight :

Flight No BR0001 LAX-TPE Valid until 05/31/2015

Supper Meals
Seared Chilean Seabass with Corn Puree and Corn Succotash Served with Mixed Vegetables
Truffle Poached Chicken Jidori with Truffle Veloute Served with Mixed Vegetables and Yellow Carrot Puree
Dan-Zai Noodle Soup Served with Marinated Beef Shank and Cucumber
*Angus Prime Beef Fillet with Port Wine Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Creamy Mashed Potato
*Pork Belly with Taro and Fermented Beancurd Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Steamed Rice
*Lobster Thermidor, Seasonal Vegetables, Fingerling Potato
*Steamed Seabass with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Steamed Rice
* Exclusive meals not available on the inflight menu card.

Breakfast Meals
Taiwanese Style Congee Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Three Color Egg and King Oyster Mushroom
Brie Cheese Frittata with Apple Wood Smoked Bacon
Caramelized Banana Stuffed Crepe
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Titanium+LTG
TPE-SFO Valid Until 5/31/2015

Supper Meals
  • Herb Pecan Encrusted Cod Fillet with Citrus Flavour Vinaigrette Served with Mixed Vegetables and Fettuccine
  • Braised Pork Spare Ribs with Red Yeast Fermented Rice Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
  • Din Tai Fung Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wonton and House Steamed Beef Soup
  • *Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce serve with Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
  • *Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato
  • *Sous Vide Cod Fillet with Shaved Fennel and Celery Citrus Salsa Served with Steamed Red Potatoes
  • *Braised Beef Shank, Tendon and Tripe in Superior Soya Sauce with Noodles
  • *Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal Meals
  • Taiwanese Plain Congee Served with Cold Delicatessen, Egg Patty with Green Bean and Mixed Vegetables with Duet Shimeji Mushroom
  • Egg Frittata with Orzo and Vegetables Served with Fine Mesclun Salad and Pan Fried Canadian Ham
  • Noodle Soup with Char Siew and Shrimp Served with Traditional Delicatessens
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Where are you pulling the meal lists from? My flight is on 5/13 and I still can't select a meal yet.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by asiadxer
Lobster still available for my upcoming flight :

Supper Meals
*Lobster Thermidor, Seasonal Vegetables, Fingerling Potato
SFO doesn't have it

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Where are you pulling the meal lists from? My flight is on 5/13 and I still can't select a meal yet.
http://eservice.evaair.com/Evaweb/EV...l-inquiry.aspx

Does not include special meals.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I'm pulling them straight from my itinerary.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: AC E50K
Flight No:BR0255 TPE-DPS Valid until:05/31/2015
Lunch Meals
Braised Beef Cheek with Herb in Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potato
Braised Chicken, Pork Tendon and Sea Cucumber with Oyster Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Fried Seafood with Fermented Rice and Tomato Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
*Roasted Sous Vide Pork Ribs with Pommery Mustard Sauce and Dried Apricot compote Served with Mixed Vegetables and Gratinated Red Skin Potato
*Cod Fillet with Capsicum on Skewer and Teriyaki Sauce,Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
*Meal service not required

I'm thinking of going with the pork ribs, but was wondering if anyone had already tried them and could comment.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Overcooked meals

In our recent experience, first YVR-TPE Premium Laurel, then TPE-CDG, Royal Laurel, meals were a bit of a deception. In both instances, both my wife and I found our meals were overcooked. That is, probably over-reheated by the crew on board.

Included lamb, and seafood. Three different meals.

OTOH, champagne is still good. And so is the Spanish red. (The Lillian Ladouys, however, never was my favorite Bordeaux. And St Estephe is a bit too rustic, too much of an acquired taste, offbeat wine, for airplane selection, I would argue.)
Old May 19, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Hi all, if you pre-order a meal can you switch to a regular listed meal once on board? We'll be flying RL class JFK-TPE RT
GT
Old May 23, 2015, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
Hi all, if you pre-order a meal can you switch to a regular listed meal once on board? We'll be flying RL class JFK-TPE RT
GT
Since they seem to carry enough spare, it is probably not an issue. However, it is not nice to do it as it increases the possibility of more wasted food.

If I were EVA, I would say you can have the regular meal only after everyone else has ordered.

What makes you think about not wanting what you pre-ordered instead of looking forward to it? You can always cancel the pre-order.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:29 pm

I flew Eva Royal Laurel from SFO-TPE the last week of June and had a wonderful Riesling - but unfortunately forgot the name of it. Does anyone have an updated wine list from a recent flight?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by maedchen
I flew Eva Royal Laurel from SFO-TPE the last week of June and had a wonderful Riesling - but unfortunately forgot the name of it. Does anyone have an updated wine list from a recent flight?
If the wine lists are still the same from December 2014-January 2015 (SFO-TPE-SFO), the Riesling was possibly a Selbach-Oster Riesling Kabinett 2012.

Menus weren't handed out on my most recent BR RL flight in May (TPE-SFO).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.