Eva Air - Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AB Gold, TK Elite
Eva Air - Seat Selection

Booked Elite from CDG to TPE in Elite.

Which seats are the best?

Currently Im booked on 21 K, which has no window.

Since Im not a Diamond, Row 20 wont be an option for me I guess.

Any suggestions would be great.

Last edited by mcmichi; Jun 7, 2013 at 12:26 pm
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
I know this cabin so well!

I prefer aisles to windows. Did you want a window? And one with a view? For aisles a D/G near the back gets you the best chance of an unoccupied seat next to you. But some people complain about the AVOD box taking some of the foot space.

I would still get them to record a request for 20A/K or whatever you want.

On my last sector - BKK/LHR, there were only 2 diamonds and 2 golds on the entire plane - all in Elite! (Don't know about silvers.) I was in 20H, the other diamond in 26C. The golds were in 23H/K and 24C.

20AC were unallocated, and somebody asked if they could move up. One guy was in the centre block. They blocked 20K for me.

So I think requests stand a good chance.

One more thing... the front of the Elite cabin is much warmer than the back. I've often thought about taking a rear seat just for somewhere cooler.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by jimbo99
I know this cabin so well!

I prefer aisles to windows. Did you want a window? And one with a view? For aisles a D/G near the back gets you the best chance of an unoccupied seat next to you. But some people complain about the AVOD box taking some of the foot space.

I would still get them to record a request for 20A/K or whatever you want.

On my last sector - BKK/LHR, there were only 2 diamonds and 2 golds on the entire plane - all in Elite! (Don't know about silvers.) I was in 20H, the other diamond in 26C. The golds were in 23H/K and 24C.

20AC were unallocated, and somebody asked if they could move up. One guy was in the centre block. They blocked 20K for me.

So I think requests stand a good chance.

One more thing... the front of the Elite cabin is much warmer than the back. I've often thought about taking a rear seat just for somewhere cooler.
I also prefer Aisles on day time flights, since its easier going to the toilets

Oh, I guess I'll call Eva to request a row 20 seat. Does it matter if its C/H?

Right now, there is only all of row 27 available online, and 26G. But its near the lavatories, which can be noisy. Or is row 26 fine?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 12:33 pm

26G should be fine. I wouldn't go farther back as people that are waiting for the restroom are hanging out next to your seat while the wait.

I reserved a 20K a few trips ago. Unfortunately, I women with a small child was in 20H. That kid screamed almost the entire flight. I unfortunately retreated back to 28C, which while not a good seat, was as far away as I could get from the screaming and still be in Elite.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: United 1K
When do Economy exit row seats open up? Is it only 24 hours before takeoff, with online checkin, as I can't see any of them for selection on the 747 flight I'm taking? Does Star Gold qualify for these?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by silent129
When do Economy exit row seats open up? Is it only 24 hours before takeoff, with online checkin, as I can't see any of them for selection on the 747 flight I'm taking? Does Star Gold qualify for these?
You get them from counter check in or by phone call if you are Diamonds (and maybe Gold). Star Alliance Gold does not qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.