Search

EVA to issue new member cards in June

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:47 am
tya
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
EVA to issue new member cards in June

Just received an email from Evergreen Club. All members will be issued new cards in June, hence being asked to make sure names and personal information are correctly inputted.

That should be an indication for the final entry date into S*. Good news for all exciting BR members including myself!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One would think there should be an announcement about three months before they join? Should be soon?

(Holding up to the announcement before buying a couple of tickets for July.)
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
In the March 2013 enVoyage, in the "Welcome Aboard" message, the Chairman wrote:

In June, EVA Air officially begins operations as a member of Star Alliance, the largest airline grouping of its kind. As a full member, EVA Air will be able to offer increased convenience to travelers. Passengers will enjoy simplified booking and ticketing procedures and seamless transfers and baggage routing on flights from Taiwan to 1,300 destinations around the world.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:08 pm
tya
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EVA Air
In the March 2013 enVoyage, in the "Welcome Aboard" message, the Chairman wrote:
Thanks for the info!

EVA has been more creative in marketing after junior Chang came into office. I am still hoping for the final celebration on the joining ceremony. I hope there will be surprises!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tya
Thanks for the info!

EVA has been more creative in marketing after junior Chang came into office. I am still hoping for the final celebration on the joining ceremony. I hope there will be surprises!
I wonder if Hello Kitty will be involved

Here is the link to the magazine: http://evaair.themecool.com/eBook_Ma...html#/7/zoomed

Last edited by username; Mar 18, 2013 at 12:54 am
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:16 pm

Talked to an Eva supervisor when I was booking my flight and she told me that they are schedule to join on June 16th.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 2:20 pm
tya
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gmid2006
Talked to an Eva supervisor when I was booking my flight and she told me that they are schedule to join on June 16th.
Interestingly on Taiwanese forum there are also people stating the dates 1 Jun and 18 Jun.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by gmid2006
Can EVA flights before the official changeover (e.g., May) accrue to UA mileage credit?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:07 pm
tya
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silent129
Can EVA flights before the official changeover (e.g., May) accrue to UA mileage credit?

I think you can earn miles but status. I am not too confident in my answers so you might want to wait for other replies
http://rlu.ru/oTP
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:39 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
BR may be a good option to do SIN-YYZ. But I think they may not be *A yet when I need to travel
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by tya
EVA has been more creative in marketing after junior Chang came into office.
I must have missed it! Can't see anything creative at all. Same old rubbish..
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:07 pm
tya
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimbo99
I must have missed it! Can't see anything creative at all. Same old rubbish..
Well it's a relative thing. Probably not as catchy as say NZ or TK, but there's a little improvement. (Hello Kitty jets, official YouTube and Facebook fanpage. yeah I know it's trivial but it is still somewhat an improvement compared to before I guess)
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Oh.. Kitty. I see that as a retrograde thing. But haven't they had that for a while? Didn't they have a contract for a while, then it petered out and then they restarted it? Can't remember now. OK it might appeal to kids and certain young asian women, but to my mind it is rather inconsistent with being a serious international airline. I mean - as a Diamond they offer me a gift for Christmas. What is it? A crap Hello Kitty pen. They can't even be bothered to send me the pen. No. They send a voucher recorded delivery to the UK and it's up to me to take the voucher to one of the lounges in TPE to pick it up. They couldn't even be bothered to send it. I know there are (were) a few diamonds that just fly LHR-BKK. I suppose they just missed out. OK rant over! I just see this kind of marketing as being entirely counter-productive. Horses for courses. (Not my main course, though.)
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimbo99
Oh.. Kitty. I see that as a retrograde thing. But haven't they had that for a while? Didn't they have a contract for a while, then it petered out and then they restarted it? Can't remember now. OK it might appeal to kids and certain young asian women, but to my mind it is rather inconsistent with being a serious international airline. I mean - as a Diamond they offer me a gift for Christmas. What is it? A crap Hello Kitty pen. They can't even be bothered to send me the pen. No. They send a voucher recorded delivery to the UK and it's up to me to take the voucher to one of the lounges in TPE to pick it up. They couldn't even be bothered to send it. I know there are (were) a few diamonds that just fly LHR-BKK. I suppose they just missed out. OK rant over! I just see this kind of marketing as being entirely counter-productive. Horses for courses. (Not my main course, though.)
Calm down Jimbo - maybe a little Hello Kitty music http://evakitty.evaair.com will cheer you up and sooth you

I think Jr. Chang (K) is definitely doing a lot of interesting things for the airline and better having him run it than the marine management. I do wonder too how long they can milk Kitty. I still think it is such an interesting conceept even though I am not in their target audience. It is also funny to observe how they made everything Kitty and drive so many in their target audience crazy.

No matter what they do, it is still a Taiwanese compay with its own centralized ways. A lot of EVA's strangeness contributed to its success but some do hold it back. Any changes on this front take time and I think they are moving toward the right direction - things like joining an alliance, for example.

Last edited by username; Mar 11, 2013 at 7:01 pm
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by silent129
You can earn RDM for United MP but no status miles (PQM) so you're still better off taking a full *A member until Eva officially enters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.