Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
What is the lounge access policy for this scenario:

1. *G level
2. arriving in Royal Laurel
3. departing in economy

Which lounge would be accessible, and how are the showers in that lounge? Does the PP lounge currently have the best showers/breakfast vs the accessible BR lounges?
I can't help regarding which lounge you would be allowed to access in that scenario, or regarding the PP lounge, but I'll comment on the other options.

Even if you aren't let into BR Infinity, and "only" get access to The Star, the showers in The Star are more than good enough - they even have three extra back massage nozzles. The toiletries are L'Occitane.

As *G, you can also access SQ's lounge, which has two nice, clean shower rooms (although I prefer BR's, due to the toiletries and the back nozzles).

It's worth checking out both BR and SQ while you're there anyway. Neither lounge really stands out in terms of decor, but personally I enjoy the food offerings in both. BR for the Taiwanese dishes and SQ with more of a Singaporean lean, of course. Both have more than enough breakfast options. When I say "breakfast"...I mean steamed savoury and sweet buns, multiple hot dishes which could easily pass for lunch or dinner options, sandwiches, eggs, etc. These aren't US domestic lounges, after all
bocastephen and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:35 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by bocastephen
What is the lounge access policy for this scenario:

1. *G level
2. arriving in Royal Laurel
3. departing in economy

Which lounge would be accessible, and how are the showers in that lounge? Does the PP lounge currently have the best showers/breakfast vs the accessible BR lounges?
*G gets you both BR (the Star) and SQ lounges.
I've never used SQ shower room before, but if you arrive in early morning, I assume in terms of waiting time it'd be PP>BR>SQ, PP being the longest queue.

Food-wise each has its strength. But I personally loves SQ the most. They still have lunch/dinner offering even at breakfast hours, and I think they have more beverage options. The only thing BR stands out is they offer ice cream (Häagen-Dazs or equivalent).

Give all three a try if you have enough time.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tya
*G gets you both BR (the Star) and SQ lounges.
I've never used SQ shower room before, but if you arrive in early morning, I assume in terms of waiting time it'd be PP>BR>SQ, PP being the longest queue.

Food-wise each has its strength. But I personally loves SQ the most. They still have lunch/dinner offering even at breakfast hours, and I think they have more beverage options. The only thing BR stands out is they offer ice cream (Häagen-Dazs or equivalent).

Give all three a try if you have enough time.
I've been in all of the BR lounges so many times, just never tried the showers, and I haven't been in the SQ lounge as I assumed as a small out-station, the offerings were very limited, but it sounds like I should go to the BR lounge for a shower, then leave for the SQ lounge for breakfast especially since I've had the BR lounge breakfast endlessly and would like a change.

One thing - I want to try a buy-up to PY on my BR flight to SIN. I know I can do that at the front counter if seats are open, but I am wondering if the lounge staff can handle that transaction as I don't want to exit, go to the counter, and come back in.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Is the SQ lounge available to EVA business pax or just *G? I have read both so just checking.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by mstraveler
Is the SQ lounge available to EVA business pax or just *G? I have read both so just checking.
Both.... but you should double check the SQ lounge's operating hours.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
I have a departure at 19:45, so will likely head to the lounge around 3 hrs before. How busy is the infinity lounge around that time? Curious whether I need to ask for a shower ASAP when I arrive or can wait until ready. I think the evening is a very busy time but can’t remember for sure. I know it gets busy in the morning as well when all the NA flights arrive around 5:00am.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
I have a departure at 19:45, so will likely head to the lounge around 3 hrs before. How busy is the infinity lounge around that time? Curious whether I need to ask for a shower ASAP when I arrive or can wait until ready. I think the evening is a very busy time but can’t remember for sure. I know it gets busy in the morning as well when all the NA flights arrive around 5:00am.
It shouldn't be too busy. Last time I went, it was empty. Not that many flights during that time. For showers, it is best if you ask right away. Sometimes there is a line, sometimes there is no line.
wysiwyg likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.