Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: Another stupid Diamond gift (contains spoilers!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN

I got a text from my family to say that a recorded delivery item had been delivered to my UK address, sent from EVA.

What could it be....?

Was rather disappointed to see it was just an envelope, sent out from Singapore. Inside was a "Gift Certificate" which reads:

Dear Diamond Card Member,
With the arrival of the winter season, we would like to thank you for all your support over the past year. Please accept our gift of a Swarovski Crystal Hello Kitty Ballpoint pen. To collect your gift, simply present this certificate at Taoyuan International VIP Lounge or the Diamond Member Check-in Lounge before March 31, 2013.

Yeah... so we wanna give you a Hello Kitty pen. We can't be bothered to send it to you so come and get it yourself.

And I love the way they send out the coupon recorded delivery!

(PS I can imagine most UK diamonds don't ever go to Taiwan anyway.)
Old Dec 15, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Basically if you want your pen you have to book a travel to Taiwan.

They might as well not hand out the gift...
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Not another stupid Hello Kitty thing from BR. Stop this already. If BR keeps doing the Hello Kitty thing, I vote that they should get kicked out of Star Alliance and thrown in with the thugs at Skyteam.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 4:12 pm

I think the Swarovski pens are quite expensive. Of course, depends on what you value the pen at
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And don't forget your Very Kitty Christmas Meow
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: EVA Diamond ; AA Platinum ;
great...more junk

the last time was a set of slippers...keep the money and give us an upgrade certificate..seriously..... what a waste of effort and postage.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wolfy187
the last time was a set of slippers...keep the money and give us an upgrade certificate..seriously..... what a waste of effort and postage.
Stupidly, when I saw "gift certificate" that's what I thought it was - an upgrade. I think it was the recorded delivery that made me think the piece of paper was worth something.

I feel like a real idiot for even beginning to think they'd give away something like that.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by jimbo99
Stupidly, when I saw "gift certificate" that's what I thought it was - an upgrade. I think it was the recorded delivery that made me think the piece of paper was worth something.

I feel like a real idiot for even beginning to think they'd give away something like that.
Upgrades are worth way too much in comparison to a pen, even if it's hello kitty branded and made by swarsvoski.

We got an eco-friendly 2013 wall calendar from CI as Emerald, don't think it's better but at least we don't have to claim it in TPE VIP Lounge... I think Paragon's got wall + table calendar.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
No Surprise here..... its EVA

Kind of like going to a ticketing office for reissueing tickets, since they were sold in the US through the internet and I was in Singapore at the time.... You have all the information online.

Oh well, I dont fly them for gifts....good fares and decent seats.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Hmm, haven't gotten mine yet. The gift I really liked though was the set of coasters.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Oops, I spoke too soon. I guess the U.S. gifts are different, I received a box of Godiva chocolate from BR today. Just like last year.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by ak333
Oops, I spoke too soon. I guess the U.S. gifts are different, I received a box of Godiva chocolate from BR today. Just like last year.
Would you prefer this to a kitty pen?!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Would you prefer this to a kitty pen?!
Tough choice.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Just got the awful Evergreen Group calendar - again by post from Singapore. Normal post, this time.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Just got my Godivas today.

I am in teers that I did not get a Kitty pen. I will be through TPE in Feb, anybody want to trade? If so, please send me your full personal info plus CC (so I can bill the shipping)

Last edited by exwannabe; Dec 19, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.