Wiki Posts
Search

New look for EVA website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EVA GOLD, TK ELITE
New look for EVA website

Just noticed that EVA changed the layout of their website!
Go check it out, I personally like the new one better and find it easier to find info~^ ^
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:22 pm

Ah, a much-need update!!! Could use some more pictures on the main page, and some sections probably will get more details, but overall much improved. Finally they moved the cabin class info out of the misnamed "Travel Tips" to "Flying With Us" which is much clearer!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:51 pm
evq

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
finally has a real calendar for the booking date selection
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond ; AA Platinum ;
webpage

yeah,

the webpage is a bit slow now. not sure if they are still running tests.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:01 pm

Test Login

I was greeted with a "Test Login" page when pressing "Start Over" while trying to check availability. That was an improvement, for hours it was just giving me Server / Gateway timeout errors.

The page had this at the top:
"DIRECT LOGIN TESTING PAGE
This is a dummy page we use to test 82D.
Please fill the special fields, in order to test the special features"

--
but one of the fields had "AMADEUS" as a parameter! I saved the full PDF of the page for laughs.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Oh I am the only person that think it's ghastly?

Two much white space, large buttons and pointless photos that add nothing. I have to keep scrolling now.

I wonder if they've actually improved content - like showing proper pictures of the PL meals like they used to.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:26 am
Original Poster

ya, there are still some bugs in the website. One that I found is the extra luggage allowance for gold: "不超過3公斤或50磅" (doesn't exceed 3kg or 50lb). My jaw fell for few seconds until I realized it was a typo..
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by montblanc
ya, there are still some bugs in the website....
You're telling me .

I looked up some flights I am interested in booking on the English language web site. It flashed through various Chinese web sites before settling on one and giving me information which seems vaguely correct. The google translation of the Chinese helped me enough. Mind you, I find that booking anything on their web site is too hard for flights ex BNE.

I end up using a Chinese TA who tends to beat the web fares by a little.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
It's a lot better than before but still has bugs everywhere.

Definitely an improvement.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:29 am

And what's with the stupid panel of clocks, wasting space near the top. Reminds me of cheap minihotels in Asia where they love to have a number of clocks behind the reception desk to make the place look more international.

(Out of those cities, Taipei is the only one I go to.)

I suppose at least unlike the hotels the batteries won't run out so the time should be correct.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:36 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Oh my! a much needed upgrade. I always make comments about the site in the surveys, guess i've contributed.... Step toward the right direction, although its not 100% perfect in terms of layout, content, and user friendliness.... Looks like a fusion between the old site and new site as some of the older elements and fonts are still in there.

I do not know what ad agency handled this upgrade or whether they did this in house, but essentially they released a half finished site. Regardless, EVA is taking the right steps to overcome the BS politics that overcomes many (successful) Taiwanese companies. Hopefully they will keep taking steps to perfect the site. Otherwise it'd be a major disappointment to see a half finished site stay like this for months if not years.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:41 am

OK just tried a dummy booking on LHR-TPE. In the past this would have been handled by EVA's site, but now it goes to e-travel.com (Amadeus). The matrix thing is an improvement.

Cannot see the booking code - so cannot see the mileage that would be earned. Very silly.

Goes without saying that they couldn't be bothered to get a native speaker of English to write/check the English. Clearly Taiwanese people can do a better job.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Oh dear. I can't see the booking code either. In the past I would do dummy bookings to see which fare codes are available for purchase, then call my agent to reserve the flight. Not sure what their goal is, but this type of reduced visibility is no good =(
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
In the past I would do dummy bookings to see which fare codes are available for purchase, then call my agent to reserve the flight.
Just tried making a dummy booking. Apparently to see the booking code you'll have to go to step 4 (Fare Details) and its very well hidden in "fare basis & booking class information " under the Price field. Inside the pop up window, "Fare Basis & Booking class" will be given, KHWCA, with first number the Booking class.

I usually make dummy bookings too to see whats available for purchase before approaching a TA, but now with the new change.. I guess we will just have to do more clicking..
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by jimbo99
Goes without saying that they couldn't be bothered to get a native speaker of English to write/check the English. Clearly Taiwanese people can do a better job.
But of course. Maybe i will offer my assistance when i'm in TPE next month

Overall, better but needs work. Looks a bit sparse. I'm also somewhat surprised that the welcome page and drop down location box gives you the option to choose Austria, which gets a couple of 2-class A330's a week, but not UK even though we have daily (in theory) 773ER flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.