Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

A couple of quick items from my last two BR flights

Old May 27, 12, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite

I haven't flown in the 744 for over a year, and I forgot how much I enjoy PL in the nose. I'll miss that plane when it's gone.

The difference between Asian and U.S. airlines many times comes down to the little things. Here is one tiny one. When I went to shower in TPE, the lounge staff as usual takes my boarding pass. When I finished with the shower and reclaimed my boarding pass, I noticed that someone wrote in the gate number on the BP.

New paper timetables are out from June 1 onwards. The 77S (small PL big Elite class) is no longer shown, but the 77N with the new RL class is in the timetable.
Old May 28, 12, 5:22 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Sorry to hijack your thread...

I feel it only fair to balance this by reporting an "aberration" on a recent BR flight.

It was HKG-TPE and flights were late. In the Virgin Clubhouse they offered to move me forward to an earlier flight which I accepted. I was with Ms Jimbo.

We boarded.. it was a "deluxe in the nose" combi 744. I was in 22H, Ms Jimbo 22K. They sell these seats as Economy.

We sat at the gate for about 30 minutes before an announcement that we could be another hour or so. So they would do the meal service on the ground.

During this time I was surprised that there was no "diamond greeting", particularly has they had time to kill. The purser seemed to home in on a couple of other pax, giving them plenty of attention. I believe one was a colleague. Other FAs milled around without much to do before retreating to the galley. Ms Jimbo became increasingly annoyed, so I left my diamond card on the arm rest, glinting away at passers-by.

When it came to the meal service, the deputy purser just plonked my meal (no choice on HKG-TPE Economy) on my table with a comment in Chinese and then served Ms Jimbo. Ms Jimbo then said to her "he doesn't speak Chinese" to which she replied (in Chinese) "its been a long day and I'm too lazy to speak English now". This was not meant as a joke. She then continued down the aisle.

None of the usual Diamond stuff, using my name, serving my meal first, helping me get off. Or any particular concern that I would be arriving in TPE very late. It could be they crew didn't have my status on the list (and didn't notice the card) - but that still doesn't excuse the rudeness.

I should have reported it on the comment form, but regrettably never got around to it.
Old May 28, 12, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
You're right - that is an aberration. I would definitely have send a comment in and not waited for the comment card.

I do like that Virgin Clubhouse in HKG though.
Old May 28, 12, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by ak333 View Post
New paper timetables are out from June 1 onwards. The 77S (small PL big Elite class) is no longer shown, but the 77N with the new RL class is in the timetable.
I currently have my first BR bookings in Sep and Oct including TPE-JFK return. My TPE-JFK is now scheduled to be RL, but the return PL. I am wondering about changing the return leg by a day or two to switch to a PR scheduled plane. Is PR worth the effort over PL? What is the likelihood of a plane swap? (Having carefully selected a TG flight on a previous trip, they got me by switching the nice new plane which I chose for the old rattler on the day.)
Old May 28, 12, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bnebased View Post
I currently have my first BR bookings in Sep and Oct including TPE-JFK return. My TPE-JFK is now scheduled to be RL, but the return PL. I am wondering about changing the return leg by a day or two to switch to a PR scheduled plane. Is PR worth the effort over PL? What is the likelihood of a plane swap? (Having carefully selected a TG flight on a previous trip, they got me by switching the nice new plane which I chose for the old rattler on the day.)
I think it's too early to tell. I'd like to see at least three or so of the aircraft with RL fitted first...
Old May 28, 12, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by ak333 View Post
I think it's too early to tell. I'd like to see at least three or so of the aircraft with RL fitted first...
A Centre for Aviation report suggests that all TPE-JFK flights will be converted by the end of August, so perhaps there is no need for me to change anything. Is there anywhere I can conveniently see how the 777 upgrade progress is going?
Old May 28, 12, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by jimbo99 View Post
None of the usual Diamond stuff, using my name, serving my meal first, helping me get off. Or any particular concern that I would be arriving in TPE very late. It could be they crew didn't have my status on the list (and didn't notice the card) - but that still doesn't excuse the rudeness.

I should have reported it on the comment form, but regrettably never got around to it.
It's HKG-TPE and most FAs genuinely don't care about this route at all.

If I were you I would report her. EVA is well known in putting these FAs into writing tons of reports or missing points when a customer files complaints, especially if you are high tier.
Old May 29, 12, 1:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Too many staff at BR and CI are getting too long in the tooth for the job and attitude is a real killer these days. Many still feel a life in the sky could hook one big cherry for them, but the reality is they still dont realise how poor their service is compared to the training airlines like CX and SG give their staff, this would not happen on a Cathay Pacific or Singapore airlines flight and if it did, one word to the cabin manager and that flight attendants days would be over
Old Jun 5, 12, 3:19 am
Original Poster

My miles didn't post for those two segments that I took which I thought was strange - usually the initial flight from the U.S. posts before I land. I ended up calling the Evergreen Club in BKK, and the rep took literally a few seconds to look up the booking and post the flights for me.

My favorite agent in SEA added my middle name to the PNR which threw off the system...
Old Jun 5, 12, 4:47 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Suggest you get EVA to add an "alternate" name to your record.

My FF account didn't show my middle name. Not a problem as typically the agent/EVA office got my details from my FF account. But in the old days in Vietnam, agents would insist on seeing your passport and entering details from that ("its the law").

EVA fixed this by storing an "alternate" name in my record. Now the miles post whether or not I use my middle name.
Old Jun 5, 12, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimbo99 View Post
Suggest you get EVA to add an "alternate" name to your record.

My FF account didn't show my middle name. Not a problem as typically the agent/EVA office got my details from my FF account. But in the old days in Vietnam, agents would insist on seeing your passport and entering details from that ("its the law").

EVA fixed this by storing an "alternate" name in my record. Now the miles post whether or not I use my middle name.
I'll try this - thanks. What's weird is my middle name is in their system, but not as an alternate name.
Old Jun 5, 12, 8:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP 75K
??? this can't be right...you would expect this from a CA or even a CI FA but a BR FA? I haven't flown BR in more than decade...has it really gotten that bad? Maybe she's been flying HKG-TPE all day and was tired of the delays...

THe luckiest FAs I know are the ones on SQ. So many of them fly on short haul RT (think SIN-BKK) and they're done for the day.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: