FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Funny package sent from EVA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1333702-funny-package-sent-eva.html)

ak333 Apr 7, 2012 5:52 pm

Funny package sent from EVA

In my mail today was a Priority Mail package from a person that I did not know in Florida. I opened it up and enclosed was a polo shirt with the EVA logo on the left side and a diamond on the right side. And I was even sent the correct size. :p No letter or anything in the package.

So am I supposed to wear this shirt that shows my status whenever I fly EVA? :D

Edit: Photo link in reply 14

blackmamba Apr 7, 2012 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by ak333 (Post 18352832)
In my mail today was a Priority Mail package from a person that I did not know in Florida. I opened it up and enclosed was a polo shirt with the EVA logo on the left side and a diamond on the right side. And I was even sent the correct size. :p No letter or anything in the package.

From "a person"? You didn't know the sender and you still accepted the package? Have you heard of the UNABomber?

Stratoliner777 Apr 7, 2012 8:53 pm

Yes, I suppose it pays to be cautious, that being said, maybe it had an official address in Florida that is well-known? Say, a T-shirt company or something? One could call and verify the address etc.

On the above reference, one notes that the box came from BR, not UNI-air...(punnish)

Originally Posted by ak333 (Post 18352832)

In some of my flights I've noticed Diamond/Gold members wearing their FFP cards in a lanyard around their necks---no mistaking their status for the F/As! Maybe this shirt will be a more classy way of doing that! :)

ak333 Apr 7, 2012 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by blackmamba (Post 18353137)
From "a person"? You didn't know the sender and you still accepted the package? Have you heard of the UNABomber?

It was a priority mail to my business address and I get quite a few of those; it just didn't feel like the normal brochures that I get sent. And it wasn't ticking. :)

coolfish1103 Apr 8, 2012 1:38 am

So are you going to wear it?

username Apr 8, 2012 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Stratoliner777 (Post 18353373)
On the above reference, one notes that the box came from BR, not UNI-air...(punnish)
In some of my flights I've noticed Diamond/Gold members wearing their FFP cards in a lanyard around their necks---no mistaking their status for the F/As! Maybe this shirt will be a more classy way of doing that! :)

:D

The T&C says that in order to enjoy your Diamond benefits when travelling, you must wear that shirt or wear the card :D

ak333 Apr 8, 2012 11:57 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103 (Post 18354044)
So are you going to wear it?

I'll definitely wear it - the question is whether or not I'll wear it when I'm flying on EVA. :D

coolfish1103 Apr 8, 2012 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by ak333 (Post 18355824)
I'll definitely wear it - the question is whether or not I'll wear it when I'm flying on EVA. :D

This question isn't valid enough.

Are you going to wear it on an international marketing flight that's not EVA?

ak333 Apr 8, 2012 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103 (Post 18355915)
This question isn't valid enough.

Are you going to wear it on an international marketing flight that's not EVA?

Probably not. It's like all of my cruise line attire - I only wear whatever cruise line shirt I have when I'm on board that particular cruise line.

ak333 Apr 8, 2012 10:39 pm

The mystery is solved

Another FT member PMed me and admitted to sending the shirt. :p

coolfish1103 Apr 9, 2012 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ak333 (Post 18357984)

So they stalk you? :p

blackmamba Apr 9, 2012 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by ak333 (Post 18357984)

Pshhhh so it wasn't from EVA at all.

Dave Z Apr 9, 2012 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stratoliner777 (Post 18353373)

Now that is just silly. I'll keep my eye out for any of them.

Are you going to post a pic or what? I bet it doesn't look as good as the lovely t-shirt we all got last year for 'safety week'. :p

ak333 Apr 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Z (Post 18362827)
Are you going to post a pic or what? I bet it doesn't look as good as the lovely t-shirt we all got last year for 'safety week'. :p

Ask and ye shall receive: :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58258626@N04/7065531609/

Dave Z Apr 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by ak333 (Post 18368516)

Brilliant. I needed a good laugh. :D