Search

EVA AIR: op up tips for diamonds?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:02 pm
evq
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
EVA AIR: op up tips for diamonds?

i recently made diamond on BR a few months ago.

i typically buy Z/J/C business tickets straight up. however, now that i have 4 systemwide upgrades, i am considering buying elite and hoping to get an op-up... and even if i dont get an op-up, i figure i could always use my upgrade at checkin.

also, do sites like expertflyer help you select flights that have a higher chance of getting op-uped from elite to C?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
The problem with upgrading at check-in is that you may not get the seat you want and you miss the chance to order your meal online (as I'm sure you know). The vouchers only last a year and with my having a number of airmiles expiring earlier because of the shortened expiry, I'm using them asap.

I've not had a single OP-UP since being Diamond - I've flown in Economy and Elite as well as PL.

I did have a number of OP-UPs as Gold from Elite to PL. All I can suggest is you look for flights where there is no Elite availability and use the 72-hour guaranteed availability to get one.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Over the past year I have had only one Elite to PL op-up, but a bunch of coach to Elite. It makes me go hmmm...
Old Apr 6, 2012, 2:01 am

EVA diamond members

Any idea how many BR dimaond members do they have ?
I guess 3,000 people in toal ...
If those members seeking for just only few seats at the same time.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by Daren
Any idea how many BR dimaond members do they have ?
I guess 3,000 people in toal ...
If those members seeking for just only few seats at the same time.
An FA told me once, but I can't now remember. I'm sure the numbers will drop at the end of this year when those that first qualified under the 8-year rule drop off.

On TPE-BKK-LHR and TPE-SGN, I usually find that there are only one or two diamonds in PL.

Tonight on BKK-LHR in PL:

Diamonds: just me
Golds: 0 (unusual)
Silvers: 1
Greens: 3 or 4 (not sure)

I got great service. ak333 has reported other routes as being more "diamond heavy".

I was with Ms Jimbo yesterday on TPE-HKG yesterday. We both got op-upped From Economy to Super Business (we were on the 747 combi). That was nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.