Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Old Dec 4, 19, 11:13 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold
My experience on the 3rd and 4th December. 3rd December YYZ to TPE. When I checked in at YYZ I asked if the flight was full in PE. The agent said completely full in ex and PE. I asked her then if there is going to be any upgrades. She said if all the passengers turn up there will be and the chances are good.
So at the Gate I inquired and another agent smiled and told me to wait and if I am going to be upgraded my name is going to be called and that time she doesn't have any boarding cards.

After 15 mins I saw another agent come with a lot boarding cards and eventually my name was called. So I got upgraded to business class. There were people getting upgraded from EC to PE too.
When I got to TPE to get my connecting flight I was surprised to see I have been upgraded to business class again from PE.
I am already on business class from TPE to YYZ on the return using my points.
I am BR G and bought upgradeable fare on PE.
Old Dec 13, 19, 1:09 pm

I-Class waitlist, 4 weeks out still waitlist

Requested in Sep, I spent 150k point to redeem RT RL for LAX to TPE 12/24 - 1/7, outbound flight confirmed immediately and inbound waitlist.
10 days out to leave for my trip, and 4 weeks out from the return flight. Will I stuck in TPE and don't have a flight back?

expertflyer status is not looking too good...econ all full, K2, CJ both have 9 left but D0..

Anyone has any input on this?
Old Dec 13, 19, 7:01 pm

4/2 TPE->LAX

Upgrading from PE Basic , had to pay a ~$220 fare differential +30k points. I miss the days when the cheapest PE fare was upgrade eligible.
dav662 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 19, 7:07 pm

Programs: BR Gold, MPC Silver
0 for 3 so far..
LAX-MNL-LAX
Full award J Dec 17 to Jan 5...not looking good so I cancelled and just bought earlier date.
Econ B to Prem Econ tonight... failed
Move to earlier flight TPE to MNL - failed.

So much for status.
Old Dec 13, 19, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rongarlicbun View Post
Requested in Sep, I spent 150k point to redeem RT RL for LAX to TPE 12/24 - 1/7, outbound flight confirmed immediately and inbound waitlist.
10 days out to leave for my trip, and 4 weeks out from the return flight. Will I stuck in TPE and don't have a flight back?

expertflyer status is not looking too good...econ all full, K2, CJ both have 9 left but D0..

Anyone has any input on this?
I actually called them on the phone and they told me the dates which were available and I booked on those dates. I bought the outbound trip on PE and UG the return.
Very fortunately for me the outbound was over booked in EC and PE so I got a free UG to business class on the two outbound sectors. Now I will be returning in 4 days and hope it's full on the first sector MNL to TPE so I get a UG. I am on business class on TPE to YYZ using my points.

So may be a good idea to call them.
Old Dec 17, 19, 11:34 pm

I just flew the return leg from MNL to YYZ via TPE. I was on PE from MNL to TPE and business from TPE to YYZ.
Last week I flew TG from MNL to BKK and the ground service in MNL was terrible with TG.
BR on the other hand was fantastic. The handling agents of BR in MNL is PAGS.
I have to comment on the lounge at TPE. I have to say the PP lounge in TPE has a much better variety and quality of food than the BR Elite lounge.
Old Dec 23, 19, 12:12 pm

Programs: IML Gold, SPG100, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by krispykrme View Post
Again- depends on which inventory you are looking at.
For example- I am trying to upgrade myself on BR51 from IAH to o TPE on 12/7. There are 5 Z seats but zero I.
SAUA failed.
but due to my status I got premium economy
Have you seen many cases of 'i' inventory present but no upgrade? Tried upgrading 2 bookings for 2020, both had "I" and shows unavailable on AC/UA sites. Fortunately the no change fee / free refund helps.
Old Dec 25, 19, 5:30 am

Programs: IML Gold, SPG100, Starbucks Gold
All is not good in SAUA upgrade land. I almost feel that they have a separate "bucket" for saua's.

Purchased and cancelled two B tickets within the 24hr window. These are just simple tpe-lax rt's. I availability verified via expert flyer and UA. Z availability via customer service.

Z0 I2 = Failed
Z1 I0 = Failed
Z2 I1 = Failed

So I gave up and bought a third ticket on PE and upgraded it using some miles that was going to expire in the next few months. I also asked what fare bucket Saua's are, they gave a canned response =X
Old Dec 29, 19, 10:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Apr 22/19 bought for travel Feb/Mar 2020
YVR-TPE PE K class
TPE-DPS PE Y class
Same for return.
All upgraded to PL/RL X class using 45,000/per person, per one way Aeroplan on Apr 22/19.
CONFIRMED within 15min
Old Dec 30, 19, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Milkman670 View Post
Apr 22/19 bought for travel Feb/Mar 2020
YVR-TPE PE K class
TPE-DPS PE Y class
Same for return.
All upgraded to PL/RL X class using 45,000/per person, per one way Aeroplan on Apr 22/19.
CONFIRMED within 15min
Did you call to inquire about X class availability? Any info about I or Z for those flights?
Old Dec 30, 19, 3:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by princesakura View Post
Did you call to inquire about X class availability? Any info about I or Z for those flights?
No did everything online, direct booking on EVA then popped over to aeroplan to do the star Alliance ups.
Old Dec 30, 19, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Milkman670 View Post
No did everything online, direct booking on EVA then popped over to aeroplan to do the star Alliance ups.
Very bold! Though I think SAUA availability is slightly better from YVR, than from SFO or LAX.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: