Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RandomNobody
TPE->MNL is such a relatively short flight that there won't be that much of a big loss or inconvenience if you don't get the upgrade. In my opinion, it's not worth fishing for that upgrade if I wind up needing to only pay for Economy on that segment. Oh, and TPE->MNL is Premium Laurel, not Royal Laurel.

With meal service, and the potential "circle Manila Bay and/or Clark Airfield waiting to land" you may get only 30 minutes or so of reclined seat time. No time for a decent nap.

The only real advantage of front cabin on that segment is a marginally better (and selectable in advance) meal, and being near the front of the queue for immigration.

The MNL->TPE segment in RL adds the advantage of not needing to pay the $11 USD fee for lounge access. But usually, I like the PAGS lounge better than the contracted EVA lounge, even though the PAGS lounge doesn't have windows.
Hi! Thanks for your insights. The reasons why we opted to upgrade the TPE-MNL even if it is only short haul is first, we wanted to avail of the lounge access in TPE, to freshen up and to have a suitable place to stay for the three of us. Also, we thought, "go big or go home" since we already had been upgraded to Royal Laurel in our LAX-TPE leg, might as well continue it on the second one. Our plane is the 777-300ER so seats and service will be relatively the same on that flight, I suppose. We had extra miles to spare so might as well use them for this trip already
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:23 pm

Has anyone failed to get off the waitlist for award tickets with IML?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
I noticed that as of recently the upgrade availability for TPAC flights seems to be moving toward T+4 when last min seats are released, whereas before, T+15 is fairly common even a couple of months ago. Has anyone else noticed this trend recently?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
I noticed that as of recently the upgrade availability for TPAC flights seems to be moving toward T+4 when last min seats are released, whereas before, T+15 is fairly common even a couple of months ago. Has anyone else noticed this trend recently?
Yes, I've noticed this trend for the YYZ route. For some routes like ORD, you can still find last min seats released at around T+10.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Does EVA Air open more seats to infinity mileagelands members early than rest of star alliance partners? If so, how much early, and how many more seats typically?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:48 am

Booked IAH - CGK Biz class for Nov 2018 and currently on waiting list.
Any chance it will clear?
Do calling EVA AIR local office give you a better chance to clearing the waiting list?

Thank you.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by nastar1
Booked IAH - CGK Biz class for Nov 2018 and currently on waiting list.
Any chance it will clear?
Do calling EVA AIR local office give you a better chance to clearing the waiting list?

Thank you.
Local office can't do s**t. Just keep checking your booking every now and then. They are notorious for not even informing you that you've cleared a waitlist or upgrade.

One time, they tried calling my US Phone number(and of course it went straight to voicemail) even though my starting destination was SIN and never emailed me for a waitlist. I only found out because I decided to randomly check the night before but got 5k miles for this.
Old May 25, 2018, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
My award ticket booked online was LHR-BKK-TPE-SIN OW on waitlist (Taxes paid, miles deducted). I called the SIN office and they mentioned I need to come down to their office to cancel it personally.
may I check how much the taxes was? Thanks
Old May 30, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by appledabble

may I check how much the taxes was? Thanks
I can't remember but it was expensive.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Family and I were upgraded from PE to business on PEK-TPE yesterday. Saw it day of flight when I was trying to check in on the app. First time all three of us have gotten bumped up!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:57 pm

Was able to redeem a Round trip Business award flight IAH-TPE during Mid-June. Found the ticket both right on T+4 and EVA released them between 9-11pm central time on most of the dates��.Has been monitored the avalibilty 3 times a day since T+25 and nothing showed up until T+4. Only Round trip can be booked using ANA miles. So I booked my ticket on the day I saw availability on my departure flight which is T+4 and select a returning date months always from the actual retiring date I want just to hold the first flight. And I wait until T+4 of my returning flight to finally see the avalibilty shows up and called ANA customer service to change the returning date.

I was lucky that I can travel on the exact date planed during summer time but I was actually kinda nervous it won’t work the same way as I planed. Since I monitored the availability so closely for almost a month, want to share my observation with you all. Hope this can help your search.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is anyone still getting errors using the online United *A Upgrade Tool to upgrade their BR ticket to RL even when you know space is open?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
I have just done an online award ticket booking (first time) for a RL class round trip ticket for November LHR TO BKK it's status is waiting list however the miles have been deducted and credit card charged for the taxes so was wondering if and when the status is likely to change? my status with EVA is Gold if that makes any difference to awards clearing.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:24 am

Has this happened to anyone else? I am currently on the wait list for 2 biz class award seats (not upgrades). But united is showing saver award availability for two seats in biz for the first segment of my trip . The EVA call center said there was not any award availability and cannot take me off the wait list.... Does EVA make award space available to partners and not to its own customers?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:44 pm

EVA will not confirm the wait list unless all segments are available.
This is not new. You can book what is available and change it later.
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.