Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Old Feb 25, 17, 5:11 am

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Currently in waitlist in J for LHR-(BKK)-TPE-SIN OW.
Old Mar 8, 17, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Is BR's online search perpetually broken? I'm trying to search ORD-SGN in mid-May, but can only get individual segments to process further than the itinerary selection; when I try to select a multi-segment itinerary, I get a 404 error when trying to submit it.
Old Mar 9, 17, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck View Post
Currently in waitlist in J for LHR-(BKK)-TPE-SIN OW.
If cancelling an award waitlist, are there any charges?
Old Apr 3, 17, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT
How is BR with opening close-in award space? I'm waitlisted in RL for a flight that's J9, but as the date approaches I see many other dates that appear to be open without available I inventory.
Old Apr 4, 17, 1:49 pm

If cancelling an award waitlist, are there any charges?
Looks like there's a US50 charge for cancelling an award. Can only be done at the local office.
Old Apr 7, 17, 8:32 am

Looks like there's a US50 charge for cancelling an award. Can only be done at the local office.
I'm not sure which way it works. I've an award which I've paid the taxes upfront (miles deducted), that requires the US$50 cancellation charge, but if you do not pay the taxes upfront (miles not deducted), does it also cost the US$50 cancellation charge?

Also, local office here means where the ticket was issued. So I had a ticket for YYZ - TPE, which can only be cancelled by US / Canadian BR call centre/office.
Old Apr 7, 17, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by fone View Post
I'm not sure which way it works. I've an award which I've paid the taxes upfront (miles deducted), that requires the US$50 cancellation charge, but if you do not pay the taxes upfront (miles not deducted), does it also cost the US$50 cancellation charge?

Also, local office here means where the ticket was issued. So I had a ticket for YYZ - TPE, which can only be cancelled by US / Canadian BR call centre/office.
My award ticket booked online was LHR-BKK-TPE-SIN OW on waitlist (Taxes paid, miles deducted). I called the SIN office and they mentioned I need to come down to their office to cancel it personally.
Old Apr 7, 17, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, WS Silver, UA Silver
SEA-TPE-SIN (TPE-SIN on SQ)
SIN-DPS (On SQ)
DPS-TPE-SEA

January/February 2018, J all flights, 2 people X 155,000 Aeroplan Miles
Old Apr 7, 17, 7:02 pm

My award ticket booked online was LHR-BKK-TPE-SIN OW on waitlist (Taxes paid, miles deducted). I called the SIN office and they mentioned I need to come down to their office to cancel it personally.
LOL, SIN office says they cannot do anything to my reservation, ask me to call Toronto office for EX-YYZ ticket.
Old Apr 7, 17, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by fone View Post
LOL, SIN office says they cannot do anything to my reservation, ask me to call Toronto office for EX-YYZ ticket.
Will update when I manage to go down, they only operate office hours. Hope I can catch them at lunch time.
Old Apr 8, 17, 1:24 am

Will update when I manage to go down, they only operate office hours. Hope I can catch them at lunch time.
If it is not so convenient for you to go down, I'd advise you to call London office first, to see if they can process it over the phone.

I've called to cancel waitlisted award reservation as well as to add infant ticket to my reservation, SIN office was unable to do it for me for both, asking me to call Toronto / North America instead, so I hope you would not be wasting your time making the trip down, unless you stay/work near Tampines.
Old Sep 6, 17, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
Long overdue intel that's LAX-TPE centric. Was able to redeem 2 J tickets D-30 days to departure. Looking now, seems like they are back to hoarding mode, and D-14 for J. Plenty of Y, which is pretty good value for a direct. They system was very schitzo, one day it was gone, the next day it was back. For this reason, I have not tried the *A upgrade method for some time.
Old Sep 13, 17, 8:59 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Gold
Managed to redeem SIN-TPE on Sq and TPE-YYZ on EVA and LAX-SIN on EVA too on
business in Oct/Nov. Used my lifemiles back in april.
Old Sep 14, 17, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Managed to get upgrades from Elite to Royal Laurel LAX-TPE for our family of three, which is still 5 months prior to date of flight (in Jan). EVA AIR contacted us for the successful upgrade using miles I transferred from Citi to EVA and distributed to my wife and kid. Great that this happened after just a month after applying for the upgrade on waitlist.

Included upgrading ourselves to Royal Laurel in the TPE-MNL leg too for three, but only two are instantly confirmed so picked my wife and kid first. I am currently on waitlist but since there's a lot of free seats, looking forward to be confirmed soon!
Old Sep 17, 17, 1:15 am

TPE->MNL is such a relatively short flight that there won't be that much of a big loss or inconvenience if you don't get the upgrade. In my opinion, it's not worth fishing for that upgrade if I wind up needing to only pay for Economy on that segment. Oh, and TPE->MNL is Premium Laurel, not Royal Laurel.

With meal service, and the potential "circle Manila Bay and/or Clark Airfield waiting to land" you may get only 30 minutes or so of reclined seat time. No time for a decent nap.

The only real advantage of front cabin on that segment is a marginally better (and selectable in advance) meal, and being near the front of the queue for immigration.

The MNL->TPE segment in RL adds the advantage of not needing to pay the $11 USD fee for lounge access. But usually, I like the PAGS lounge better than the contracted EVA lounge, even though the PAGS lounge doesn't have windows.

Last edited by RandomNobody; Sep 17, 17 at 1:22 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: