Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Old Mar 18, 2016, 8:07 am

I have credit card miles to transfer for BR miles for RL redemptions. I understand that I do need to create one account for each passenger. I'd like to check for multiple passengers on the same flight, (same booking if possible), should I transfer the miles all to my account, for redemption for everyone? Or just the required miles to each passenger's account?

Also, will there be waitlist opportunities?

Last edited by fone; Mar 26, 2016 at 7:20 am
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:05 am

Anyone able to enlighten me on the redemption procedures? For a single booking, will the miles need to be in my account or in each individual account?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by fone
Anyone able to enlighten me on the redemption procedures? For a single booking, will the miles need to be in my account or in each individual account?
For UPGRADES, my understanding is the miles need to be in each individual's account. I just got 2 upgrades done by transferring miles to newly created accounts, then calling in and requesting the upgrade, because the website had issues. Though during my failed attempt online, both reservations showed up when I pulled up the existing Y booking reference, meaning I could see if there were 2 slots open for upgrade or waitlist.

For bookings, which seems like what you're trying to do, I'm not sure.. but the system is certainly capable of showing more than 1. You can also transfer back the miles, meaning if there's no open slots, you can "undo", and keep the miles. Though back to your credit card, I'm not sure.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:16 am

I have credit card miles to transfer for BR miles for RL redemptions. I understand that I do need to create one account for each passenger. I'd like to check for multiple passengers on the same flight, (same booking if possible), should I transfer the miles all to my account, for redemption for everyone? Or just the required miles to each passenger's account?

Also, will there be waitlist opportunities?
you might want to ask your credit card company their policy when it comes to transfer, I called Citi, and they said as long as the first/last name matches, you should be able to transfer. I know when your miles are at EVA, they must get the full 35000 miles to do the upgrade. You cant send them 10k then they add it together with the 25K to complete the upgrade.

Question to anyone who knows, but where do you find the booking class? i keep looking where i purchase tickets but the booking class are no longer to be found... :\
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:40 am

Thanks for the replies. EVA SIN call center also says miles have to be in each person's account. I'll do a small transfer and try out first, see what the online system says.

I'd like to check on when it is considered a confirmed booking, if I were to play around online, so that I do not incur the US$50 cancellation fee. There's one page which I can go to, saying the itinerary selected, flights (confirm or waiting list) and showing the taxes due. Then the next page shows the mileage requirement and existing mileage. I'm unable to proceed beyond this with insufficient mileage.

I'm presuming if I do not pay for the taxes through credit card, the whole process would be voided and my miles intact?

Also, it says that the online system is unable to ticket for children, so I will have to call for them. And do they need miles in their own account?

Editted:
Just called again and ask again. Now they say I can transfer all the points to my account and add the others as my redemption nominees and can transfer miles to them. Also children above 2 should just create accounts for them and proceed with redemption.

Editted2: Yes, online does say that I can transfer miles to redemption nominees. However, I'd need to submit a hard copy form to enable online services first. Will report back on how things can be done. Seemingly, adding nominee by paper forms require 5k miles per nominee.

Editted3: Sent in mail by snail mail to the SIN office. The online service was activated within 1-2 days and I can add nominees (without any fees), which will only take effect the next day. Nominees are active the next day, and I supposedly can transfer miles (without doing any actual transfer). I'm still short of a few miles to transfer in from my credit card, so it will be a while before the actual transfer. If the transferred miles and the nominees' miles cannot be combined, means I'm unable to make use of their 1000 free miles upon registration?

Last edited by fone; Apr 8, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: LX M&M
just booked a oneway TPE - CDG in C using my M&M in january 2016. grabed the last available seat:-)
Old May 9, 2016, 10:01 am

TPE -> YYZ. Transferred 40,000 points to my dad's account and upgraded his T class to Z. Upgrade cleared instantly but had to call in to get the agent to fix some issues with duplicate booking due to upgrade. about 5 weeks out.

Great service from EVA all around as usual!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:30 am

Just proceeded to do my booking as the dates just opened up. Booked within a few days the dates opened up for reservation. I first did a reservation for 4 seats in RL, then checked to see that booking 1 seat actually has confirmable seats, so called their SIN call center. There is 3 available seats, and I got the agent to split the booking to 1 and 3 person. Neither booking clears immediately, so agent mentioned that she will contact their award side to clear the 3 people PNR while letting the 1 person PNR stay on waitlist. Got a callback within the same day that the 3 people have been confirmed.

EVA Air actually took all the fees first, before even the flights are confirmed.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:01 pm

I understand that you have to transfer miles to the individual upgrading's account to upgrade, so is it possible to credit the miles to another program?

Example: I book my mom's flight in Elite, transfer miles to my mom's IML account, she upgrades her flight, but then credit the miles to MileagePlus.

Possible?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by erics2356
I understand that you have to transfer miles to the individual upgrading's account to upgrade, so is it possible to credit the miles to another program?

Example: I book my mom's flight in Elite, transfer miles to my mom's IML account, she upgrades her flight, but then credit the miles to MileagePlus.

Possible?
I'd say this should be possible, since I did something similar. Flew on NH, credited to A3, upgraded with UA miles. You'd have to check with EVA, since each FFP has its own rules.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
I seem to recall if you upgrade using IML miles, then can only credit to IML.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by AnalogMan
I seem to recall if you upgrade using IML miles, then can only credit to IML.
Correct.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:36 am

I have a waitlist for a flight that I must get as my family members (kids) are on that flight.

Am I able to continue waitlist while I get a paid ticket on the same flight (while there are still cheap ticket prices, CAD3k+ compared to normal ticket fare of CAD5k+)? Will my waitlist be cancelled? What happens if the waitlist clears, and I now have 2 confirmed tickets on the same flights/same name. I called the SIN office, they said the system will detect a duplicate booking and may or may not prompt before the system auto cancels the waitlist. Is there any way around the system, and if the SIN office is correct?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
I have a waitlist for a flight that I must get as my family members (kids) are on that flight.

Am I able to continue waitlist while I get a paid ticket on the same flight (while there are still cheap ticket prices, CAD3k+ compared to normal ticket fare of CAD5k+)? Will my waitlist be cancelled? What happens if the waitlist clears, and I now have 2 confirmed tickets on the same flights/same name. I called the SIN office, they said the system will detect a duplicate booking and may or may not prompt before the system auto cancels the waitlist. Is there any way around the system, and if the SIN office is correct?
SIN office is correct, EVA will detect duplicate booking. In my case, the office asked me which reservation that I would like to cancel.
Waitlist for me seemed to clear around 2-3 weeks before departure.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
SIN-TPE-SFO Upgraded all the way through for 50,000 miles total. I am a diamond card holder though. Called to request and they immediately cleared. I called 3 weeks before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.