Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Old Feb 20, 16, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
They will always upgrade their own members first...perhaps they were really oversold and had already moved their own members from PE to J and still had an oversale in the back and needed to shift people from Y to PE and PE to J....but if the OP is looking for any assurances this will happen on their flight, it won't.
Are you sure it's NOT random???

A week ago, two of my friends who have NO status in anything at all was upgraded for FREE from premium to RL at check in counter in YYZ (heading to TPE). And my dad's patients (3 of them at different time) all got upgraded from premium to RL without having any status in Dec and Jan.
Old Feb 22, 16, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by asiadxer View Post
Presumably status would give better luck. As Diamond, my upgrade waiting list normally clear around 2 weeks before departure.

In the above mentioned upgrade (T->Z) I transfered my mileage to her account and let her did the upgrade. You would not be able to upgrade somebody else's ticket directly using your own mileage.
I see. So the process would be: 1) transfer mileage to passenger. 2) book flight in T. 3) call BR to request upgrade.
Old Feb 22, 16, 4:28 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by erics2356 View Post
I see. So the process would be: 1) transfer mileage to passenger. 2) book flight in T. 3) call BR to request upgrade.
1. Check the availability of RL upgrade :
- For definite availability, call EVA office
- For general/waitlist availability, try dummy booking RL class for your date.
If D-class (Biz WOW) is available, then most likely your waitlist will clear.

2. Transfer mileage, book the flight in T-class

3. Login to EVA IML online upgrade, request the upgrade.
- The website will show whether you can confirm the upgrade, or will be waitlisted. My cousin was waitlisted and cleared 2 days before departure by calling EVA office after checking online that D-class was still available.
Old Feb 22, 16, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by asiadxer View Post
1. Check the availability of RL upgrade :
- For definite availability, call EVA office
- For general/waitlist availability, try dummy booking RL class for your date.
If D-class (Biz WOW) is available, then most likely your waitlist will clear.

2. Transfer mileage, book the flight in T-class

3. Login to EVA IML online upgrade, request the upgrade.
- The website will show whether you can confirm the upgrade, or will be waitlisted. My cousin was waitlisted and cleared 2 days before departure by calling EVA office after checking online that D-class was still available.
Thanks!!
Old Feb 22, 16, 9:02 pm

Need strategy help on DSP > TPE on business class

As part of my honeymoon, I'm going from DSP>TPE on 1/5/2017 (far out). There was only one business class seat available, so able to book it for my wife using Infinityland mileage for 25K points. If I now try to book mine, I'm automatically on the waitlist. I'm not sure how this waitlist thing works. The other option is to suck it up and use my points to redeem for an economy ticket, which is not ideal, but guarantees me to be the same flight as her (or else it will not be a happy honeymoon )

Do you guys have some suggestions on how to approach this to maximize my chances to get on business? Thanks
Old Feb 22, 16, 10:10 pm

Does Eva Air release upgrade award seats 3 months out? Just secure 2 Economy(B fare) to Royal Laurel seats for BR035 YYZ-TPE (May 20) and BR036 TPE-YYZ (JUNE 11) using 50000 Aeropessos.

Wow, can't complain.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 22, 16, 10:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Plat
That's dirt cheap for J?
Old Feb 22, 16, 10:40 pm

Round trip(YYZ-TPE) B fare was C$1653(all in)
Old Feb 23, 16, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by rttytalk View Post
Does Eva Air release upgrade award seats 3 months out? Just secure 2 Economy(B fare) to Royal Laurel seats for BR035 YYZ-TPE (May 20) and BR036 TPE-YYZ (JUNE 11) using 50000 Aeropessos.

Wow, can't complain.
I couldn't redeem my 150000pt for RL YYZ to TPE round trip until 14 days before departure. Now that they release the upgraded seats 3months out, this might be a better option so I know my schedule way ahead of time! $1650 for class B is probably only for off season?

Anyone else successfully getting the upgrade 3 months out using aeroplan? Also, this sounds stupid but how do you check IF there are any upgrades available for the flights I am looking for? Like before I purchase in booking class b. Thanks!

Last edited by musicscrip; Feb 23, 16 at 9:42 am Reason: need to ask a question
Old Mar 13, 16, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA & BR /Hyatt Dis/SPG Gold/ HH Gold
Would love to get some clarification the *A award points toward EVA air's RL.

This is a copy from UA's SAUA:

Award Miles Fare Type Special Conditions
30,000 J, C, D
30,000 Z, P $600 co-pay required
20,000 Y
30,000 B
30,000 M, E, U $350 co-pay required
30,000 H, Q $450 co-pay required
30,000 V $500 co-pay required
30,000 W $550 co-pay required
30,000 S, T, K, L, G, N $600 co-pay required

It is rather confusing.
If I purchased EVA's Elite ticket (T/L) through UA, to get EVA's RL I need to use 30,000 miles + $600 copay? If I buy T/L ticket directly from EVA, I will use the 30,000 mile. Do I also need to pay EVA $600? I am pretty confused. Please help. Thank you.
Old Mar 13, 16, 11:31 pm

You are looking at the wrong chart. SAUA will not have co-pay and is only for Y, B fares and one more additional for the top Elite class fare.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...t-06-16-15.pdf Scroll down until you see SAUA.

Originally Posted by darthmong View Post
Would love to get some clarification the *A award points toward EVA air's RL.

This is a copy from UA's SAUA:

Award Miles Fare Type Special Conditions
30,000 J, C, D
30,000 Z, P $600 co-pay required
20,000 Y
30,000 B
30,000 M, E, U $350 co-pay required
30,000 H, Q $450 co-pay required
30,000 V $500 co-pay required
30,000 W $550 co-pay required
30,000 S, T, K, L, G, N $600 co-pay required

It is rather confusing.
If I purchased EVA's Elite ticket (T/L) through UA, to get EVA's RL I need to use 30,000 miles + $600 copay? If I buy T/L ticket directly from EVA, I will use the 30,000 mile. Do I also need to pay EVA $600? I am pretty confused. Please help. Thank you.
Old Mar 14, 16, 1:21 am

Programs: UA & BR /Hyatt Dis/SPG Gold/ HH Gold
I see, thank you.

Base on the PDF file, if I purchase elite class, it will take 30,000 miles for upgrade to RL (one way TPE->SFO) with no additional charge. Correct?
Old Mar 14, 16, 6:41 am

Only Y, B and K class on EVA is eligible for upgrade, if using UA miles.

As per United SAUA page.

Originally Posted by darthmong View Post
I see, thank you.

Base on the PDF file, if I purchase elite class, it will take 30,000 miles for upgrade to RL (one way TPE->SFO) with no additional charge. Correct?
Old Mar 14, 16, 1:32 pm

Can I purchase a Y/B/K class ticket on EVA's website under my IML, then use United's SAUA site to upgrade to RL? It looks like I can since it allows user to upgrade other people's tickets.
Old Mar 15, 16, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by musicscrip View Post
Are you sure it's NOT random???

A week ago, two of my friends who have NO status in anything at all was upgraded for FREE from premium to RL at check in counter in YYZ (heading to TPE). And my dad's patients (3 of them at different time) all got upgraded from premium to RL without having any status in Dec and Jan.
Perhaps they look at status first, then fare class/price for the upgrade.

I was on YYZ-TPE flight on Feb 14, 2016 and got upgraded from Elite to RL for free as they oversold seats. I have 18,000 miles at the time with my green Infinity MileageLand card. My sister who bought the same T class fare did not get an upgrade, she has no EVA membership/miles, no status.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: