Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here

Old Oct 4, 15, 10:32 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by breadman2 View Post
1. Eva Air's website makes it sound like I need to not only get an eligible fare class for an upgrade but that I need to buy it from their site (if I want to upgrade using Eva InfinityMiles).
The bolded part only applies if you are going to request upgrade through Award Upgrade on EVA website. If you purchase your eligible fare ticket from third party, you can request upgrade via EVA Reservation / City Ticketing Office.
Old Oct 5, 15, 9:27 pm

Programs: IML Gold, SPG100, Starbucks Gold
Wait... asiadxer you were able to upgrade a married B fare? Indications from other poster and myself show that its impossible to upgrade a Y/B EVA fare using star alliance miles.

I booked a BKK-TPE-LAX in late September and wanted to upgrade both segments, I was unable to do it... using aeroplan OR united. Really freaken frustrating because I cancelled the fare and lost about $75 USD (probably will submit a complaint).

Originally Posted by dvrhsl View Post
I have spent several days trying to use UA miles to upgrade from economy B to Business on EVA. IAH-TPE-MNL. No success. 3 out of 4 EVA agents says they CANNOT unmarry the segments so the upgrade can be done. UA cant do anything.

Has anyone really been able to get EVA to unmarry segments for upgrade with UA miles???
Originally Posted by jazzhou View Post
Thanks, asiadxer, for your confirmation that it can be done. Did you do it online at United.com, or over the phone with a MP agent? When I tried to do the upgrade online, I keep on receiving the message, "We're sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request due to a technical problem. Please try later or call 1-800-396-1751 for assistance."

EVA informed me that upgrade space is available. I don't know if there is a bug with the new United.com web site, or simply no upgrade space is available, or because of my open-jaw reservation. I've even tried to upgrade by submitting a separate request for each one-way segment. Maybe I should just call United.
Originally Posted by asiadxer View Post
I did all of them at United.com. All of the tickets were CGK-TPE-LAX-TPE-CGK. I upgraded just the long haul TPE-LAX-TPE without any problem. I do not know if my EVA elite status has any effect on the request / outcome.
Old Oct 6, 15, 7:18 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh View Post
Wait... asiadxer you were able to upgrade a married B fare? Indications from other poster and myself show that its impossible to upgrade a Y/B EVA fare using star alliance miles.

I booked a BKK-TPE-LAX in late September and wanted to upgrade both segments, I was unable to do it... using aeroplan OR united. Really freaken frustrating because I cancelled the fare and lost about $75 USD (probably will submit a complaint).
All my upgrades were from married Y/K fare, using MP at united.com. Once I tried to upgrade from B fare, was not successful, refunded within 24hr, changed to K fare, the MP upgrade was successful.
Old Oct 20, 15, 1:01 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG View Post
I upgraded from BR K to Z back in April on my TPE-LAX flight. I had called BR to confirm upgrade availability before doing it on united.com. It was cleared immediately.

Not sure if you have any married segments? From this forum it seems like the system is not set up to do upgrades on those itineraries.
Originally Posted by asiadxer View Post
I did all of them at United.com. All of the tickets were CGK-TPE-LAX-TPE-CGK. I upgraded just the long haul TPE-LAX-TPE without any problem. I do not know if my EVA elite status has any effect on the request / outcome.
Thanks for both your confirmations that the K-fare upgrade does work. My upgrades did clear finally, outbound at T -14 window and the inbound at T -21. I've changed seats and selected the meals, and just hoping no typhoon would disrupt my flight next week.
Old Oct 20, 15, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by jazzhou View Post
Thanks for both your confirmations that the K-fare upgrade does work. My upgrades did clear finally, outbound at T -14 window and the inbound at T -21. I've changed seats and selected the meals, and just hoping no typhoon would disrupt my flight next week.
Was this for a flight to TPE or for an itinerary that includes connection beyond TPE?

Thanks
DAK
Old Oct 20, 15, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by dkerr View Post
Was this for a flight to TPE or for an itinerary that includes connection beyond TPE?

Thanks
DAK
It's an open-jaw itinerary with TPE as the starting and ending point, TPE-JFK/IAH-TPE. LGA-IAH is on UA with a separate UA-stock ticket, which is married to the BR reservation. I requested the BR upgrade per segment at a time.
Old Nov 1, 15, 8:33 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
Anyone know how full J is on YYZ-TPE typically ? Flying 29 Nov.
How much would a LMU cost from PE to J ?
And if stuck in PE what would be the best seats?

Last edited by vernonc; Nov 3, 15 at 11:09 am
Old Nov 14, 15, 8:58 pm

Last edited by doesun; Nov 21, 15 at 11:24 pm Reason: no responses
Old Jan 18, 16, 2:03 pm

Anyone has experience of an upgrade for Y to Elite Premium Economy ?

my friends are flying BR IAH TPE in Y. Do their booking need to be in a certain fare class ? And if airport upgrades are allowed, how much would that be ?
Thank you so much in advance.
Keller281
Old Jan 18, 16, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Keller281 View Post
my friends are flying BR IAH TPE in Y. Do their booking need to be in a certain fare class ? And if airport upgrades are allowed, how much would that be ?
Thank you so much in advance.
Keller281
If you are looking at a paid ticket, just call the agent and ask for a PE upgrade right now. Airport Price would not be different even if it is available.

If you are thinking about a mileage upgrade, then yes, the ticket has to be a Y or a B fare class ticket, and most discount tickets aren't in those fare classes.
Old Jan 18, 16, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 View Post
If you are looking at a paid ticket, just call the agent and ask for a PE upgrade right now. Airport Price would not be different even if it is available.

If you are thinking about a mileage upgrade, then yes, the ticket has to be a Y or a B fare class ticket, and most discount tickets aren't in those fare classes.
The airport price for upgrades from Y to PE are significantly cheaper than before departure. If you do this before hand, they need to rebook in most cases unless you're using EVA miles (not *A miles, they don't qualify). @airport pricing is fixed based on stage length.
Old Jan 18, 16, 4:41 pm

If you are talking about the upgrades from reservation center..

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 View Post

Are they just calculate the fare differences and charge accordingly ? I was hoping for an airport fixed price upgrade. Like LH and TK doing from their nonstops out from Houston to FRA/IST.
Old Jan 18, 16, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Are they just calculate the fare differences and charge accordingly ? I was hoping for an airport fixed price upgrade. Like LH and TK doing from their nonstops out from Houston to FRA/IST.
Reservations center upgrades will be a fare difference, unless you're using EVA miles. When checking in at the airport, they have a fixed price upgrade which varies on region and flight length.
Old Jan 19, 16, 5:08 pm

Anyone here has paid for the upg from Y to Y+ on their new IAH TPE service ?

Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
Reservations center upgrades will be a fare difference, unless you're using EVA miles. When checking in at the airport, they have a fixed price upgrade which varies on region and flight length.
And how much on the long segment ?
Thanks for the infos. BR told me that if one asks for the upg from the reservation office, you have to upgrade the whole itinerary.
Old Jan 19, 16, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And how much on the long segment ?
Thanks for the infos. BR told me that if one asks for the upg from the reservation office, you have to upgrade the whole itinerary.
I am not sure about pricing on long segments. I've only paid US75 each way between TPE and SIN.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: