Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eva Air - London to Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2011, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Eva Air - London to Bangkok

Just on Eva's website to check some dates in May / June and am slightly confused as what day's in the week are available, how many day's a week do Eva fly on this route ?

Many thanks
Old Dec 27, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
http://eservice.evaair.com/EVAB2C/ESEVFLT001.aspx
Old Dec 27, 2011, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link, interestingly the week I want to fly out ( 22 May ) no flights on Mondays & Thursdays but on the return week ( 4 June ) Eva are flying out everyday of the week.

Is there any reason for this, or is this quite normal ?

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
"Officially" they fly daily and put this on their advertising.

Since the opening up of mainland China routes, this is where the money is. We often see flights removed from the London schedule.

So I suspect these "scheduled" cancellations are to do with that - they are redeploying aircraft where they can make the most cash. This has been going on for some time now.

The reason isn't really made public. I know it has annoyed agents in London who have taken bookings for brits on their annual holiday only to have to phone them and reschedule.

It might be maintenance or some other reason. Dave Z might know, I'm just speculating. But it is "normal", sadly.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
I would stay away from booking Mondays on the London flight. It's the flight that almost always gets fiddled around.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by jimbo99
"Officially" they fly daily and put this on their advertising.

Since the opening up of mainland China routes, this is where the money is. We often see flights removed from the London schedule.

So I suspect these "scheduled" cancellations are to do with that - they are redeploying aircraft where they can make the most cash. This has been going on for some time now.

The reason isn't really made public. I know it has annoyed agents in London who have taken bookings for brits on their annual holiday only to have to phone them and reschedule.

It might be maintenance or some other reason. Dave Z might know, I'm just speculating. But it is "normal", sadly.
No news from the inside i'm afraid. Though going from past experience, i'd be very surprised to see them cancelling flights this far out. They've never announced cancellations to us more than a month or 2 in advance. The only cancellation i know of is the LHR-DEL-TPE freighter this Sunday and i doubt any of you would be on there :P
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:40 am
Gus

I did notice from 'flight status' that 067/068 were cancelled on the 29th, I assume that the aircraft was reasonably booked, so perhaps it went 'Tech' in Taiwan.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
For as many years as I can remember, in May / June BR have canx a few LHR flights (with lots of notice) that I can only put down to aircraft servicing during their quietest periods.

But they should be daily, and i'm not aware of any tactical cancelling at any other time of the year.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Yes, according to their website, ( i hope i've got this right ) through out May & June there are only 4 flights a week, BR68 has no flights on Mondays & Thursdays and BR67 has no flights on Mondays & Tuesdays.

Good Luck
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by elitevergreen
Yes, according to their website, ( i hope i've got this right ) through out May & June there are only 4 flights a week, BR68 has no flights on Mondays & Thursdays and BR67 has no flights on Mondays & Tuesdays.

Good Luck
I think that would make it 5 flights a week? (Usually everyday - 7, but with 2 cancelled?)
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:43 am
Original Poster

7-2= 5 days, no idea were i got the 4 from.. lol

Good Luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.