Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Getting status match with my EVA Air Diamond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting status match with my EVA Air Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:18 pm
evq
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
Talking Getting status match with my EVA Air Diamond

I recently hit DIAMOND on EVA Air, and I am wondering if anyone has had luck using this as leverage to get status matches on other airlines like CX, CI, TG, SQ?

Last edited by evq; Jul 8, 2011 at 4:10 am
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
I haven't formally attempted anything, but I've told "off the record" that CX will give me Silver. That really does me no good as I'm already a oneworld Sapphire which is higher on the totem pole already.

Of course just when I'm ready to give up on BR, they come through for me. I'll elaborate when I do a mini TR in the next couple of days.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by ak333
I haven't formally attempted anything, but I've told "off the record" that CX will give me Silver. That really does me no good as I'm already a oneworld Sapphire which is higher on the totem pole already.

Of course just when I'm ready to give up on BR, they come through for me. I'll elaborate when I do a mini TR in the next couple of days.
Share it fast =)
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:56 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
I might be interested in one to Skyteam when VNA start flying London (Gatwick yippee) to Saigon in December.

Must be something to do with diet coke availability? No more cans? But they gave you your own bottle?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I haven't formally attempted anything, but I've told "off the record" that CX will give me Silver.
Wow, how generous of them. What do you normally have to do to earn CX Silver? Fly 1 sector in deep-discount economy?

I saw the AF/KL program was doing status matches recently. Not sure if that'll be any use to you.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by jimbo99
I might be interested in one to Skyteam when VNA start flying London (Gatwick yippee) to Saigon in December.
KLM/AF matched my BR Diamond to Flying Blue Platinum recently.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:46 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Z
Wow, how generous of them. What do you normally have to do to earn CX Silver? Fly 1 sector in deep-discount economy?

I saw the AF/KL program was doing status matches recently. Not sure if that'll be any use to you.
Sarcasm aside, Silver is pretty generous actually (although they match ALL competitors' status, regardless of whether or not you're Silver or Diamond, to Silver) - you get pretty much all the perks you need (lounge access flying CX/KA, priority check-in/boarding/baggage, etc.) and CX is probably the only Asian airline that matches status on a consistent basis. Very few North American airlines would match EVA status, because they're not a strong competitor.

AF/KL ended their status matching programme. They're probably not going to start another one for a long time...
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
Sarcasm aside, Silver is pretty generous actually (although they match ALL competitors' status, regardless of whether or not you're Silver or Diamond, to Silver) - you get pretty much all the perks you need (lounge access flying CX/KA, priority check-in/boarding/baggage, etc.)
To be fair, i didn't realise you got the lounge access with CX Silver. I figured it was just the usual lacking list of benefits that you associate with OW Ruby tiers.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Dave Z
To be fair, i didn't realise you got the lounge access with CX Silver. I figured it was just the usual lacking list of benefits that you associate with OW Ruby tiers.
Only CX/KA lounges when flying CX/KA. Still, nice for bottom-tier elite.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Share it fast =)
Originally Posted by jimbo99
Must be something to do with diet coke availability? No more cans? But they gave you your own bottle?
If you recall I was b****ing about the Elite class fare being so high from the west coast, and I had to book into X class although with exit rows. When I did OLCI, BR had already upgraded me to Elite on the TPE-BKK segment which I appreciated; it was my first op-up of any kind in months. Then in SEA, right before I boarded the agent that checked me in came running up to me with an Elite boarding pass for the SEA-TPE flight, so I was two for two.

BTW, I had my first 77S experience in Elite; you can really tell the difference between the 40 inch pitch of the 77S and the 38 inch pitch of the 744.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:05 pm
evq
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
If you recall I was b****ing about the Elite class fare being so high from the west coast, and I had to book into X class although with exit rows. When I did OLCI, BR had already upgraded me to Elite on the TPE-BKK segment which I appreciated; it was my first op-up of any kind in months. Then in SEA, right before I boarded the agent that checked me in came running up to me with an Elite boarding pass for the SEA-TPE flight, so I was two for two.

BTW, I had my first 77S experience in Elite; you can really tell the difference between the 40 inch pitch of the 77S and the 38 inch pitch of the 744.
how much was the X class fare?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by evq
how much was the X class fare?
$1660 with the PDX add on or $1480 just from SEA all the way to BKK.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Would BR consistently do that? We will see.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Would BR consistently do that? We will see.
Probably not, but it makes the price I paid easier to swallow.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: CX DM, Marriott Plat, SPG lifetime, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
CX Diamond comp?

Hi sorry to be off topic, but would BR comp status to CX's Diamond? If so, which level on BR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.