Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Seat assignments

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by drvannostren

That said, I've noticed for a flight in March of 2016, there's a lot of seats already blocked off. Everything from row 66-69 is blocked, 80, 81, 85, 89 are all also blocked.

It looks like this is pretty standard? I'm a Star Gold via AC, does a phone call (in English or Spanish as if that'd help) do any good? Or are those seats reserved for BR elites/babies?

I'm sure I'll be fine wherever, but 85 looked appealing and so did 89.

Looks like that might be an on check-in thing? I'm just confused as why they'd restrict so many seats, especially ones lots of people would deem desirable. It makes sense to block off those last few rows on the lower deck to use only when the flight fills up, but the upper deck ones?
There are no baby bassinet on 747 upper deck. So 80, 81, 85 are normally available on request by BR Elites. Row 89 may be for crew rest. Call EVA local office, your PNR should already shows Star Gold, and request those seats.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
My knowledge of BR is pretty limited as you know. I find it odd that Y is up top. When I was up top, it was in J. Perhaps because I think I was on the combi? I'm not too sure!
Yes, the old combi had J upstairs. The full 744 has Y with the better leg room upstairs.

Originally Posted by asiadxer
There are no baby bassinet on 747 upper deck. So 80, 81, 85 are normally available on request by BR Elites. Row 89 may be for crew rest. Call EVA local office, your PNR should already shows Star Gold, and request those seats.
I used to have no issues getting row 85 in advance as a BR *G, now not as simple.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by asiadxer
This could be the problem. My PNR did not have my *G info. I had to add it in. So maybe the good Dr's PNR doesn't have his *G info
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
This could be the problem. My PNR did not have my *G info. I had to add it in. So maybe the good Dr's PNR doesn't have his *G info
How do you add *Gold to PNR? Need to call EVA customer services?

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by conglomerate
How do you add *Gold to PNR? Need to call EVA customer services?

Thanks for your help.
I went to http://www.evaair.com/en-us/index.html

Then Book and Manage Your Trip

And then enter in the necessary info, and then online you can add your *G #
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Don't mean to revive a dead thread, just booked my first ever EVA flight and first ever on a 747, so I'm pumped.

Seatguru indicated upper deck has more pitch, awesome cuz I'd rather sit up there anyway, feels more special even though it's still economy haha. That said, I've noticed for a flight in March of 2016, there's a lot of seats already blocked off. Everything from row 66-69 is blocked, 80, 81, 85, 89 are all also blocked.

It looks like this is pretty standard? I'm a Star Gold via AC, does a phone call (in English or Spanish as if that'd help) do any good? Or are those seats reserved for BR elites/babies?

I'm sure I'll be fine wherever, but 85 looked appealing and so did 89.

Looks like that might be an on check-in thing? I'm just confused as why they'd restrict so many seats, especially ones lots of people would deem desirable. It makes sense to block off those last few rows on the lower deck to use only when the flight fills up, but the upper deck ones?
Doing what you did for the same question, looking for your answer.

I'm UA *G, flying my first ever 747. Right now, only 83 and 84 J are available upper deck via Expert Flyer. Same rows blocked off. I'd really like an upper deck window, and really, really like the exit row one.

Was there luck calling the local EVA office and getting it? Does *G mean anything? When did they open up if they did? I have an alert set, but I'm guessing I'll have to wait til OLCI to grab them.

EDIT: wouldn't assign me a seat, but did put in a request for 85 K/A for me.

Last edited by BThumme; Jun 15, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: TK Elite
How to select seats on EVA

Hi,

I am considering booking a SIN-TPE-SFO-PHX flight on Eva in Elite. I do not see any way to select a seat on Eva's site. I see people in this thread talking of selecting seats - when does one get that option? I didn't see anything available up to the point where the website took me to the payment page. (EDIT: trying for Aug 2, so within 100-day window)

I feel uncomfortable paying for the flight without knowing what kind of seats are available. Is it something we can see/manage before paying, on Eva?

Would appreciate any info!

Thank you!

Last edited by Gobus; Jun 16, 2016 at 11:39 am
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Gobus
Hi,

I am considering booking a SIN-TPE-SFO-PHX flight on Eva in Elite. I do not see any way to select a seat on Eva's site. I see people in this thread talking of selecting seats - when does one get that option? I didn't see anything available up to the point where the website took me to the payment page. (EDIT: trying for Aug 2, so within 100-day window)

I feel uncomfortable paying for the flight without knowing what kind of seats are available. Is it something we can see/manage before paying, on Eva?

Would appreciate any info!

Thank you!
I think I've read in other EVA seat forums that you can't see on the EVA page ahead of time. You can though see through ExpertFlyer.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:09 pm
msm

I've never been able to find seat availability on EVA's website prior to paying. Immediately after paying, the user is able to select seats online.

I personally use the KVS tool to see seat availability prior to booking. It has been accurate except that sometimes I find more seats available on EVA's website as compared to KVS tool - but never less.

Perhaps you can preview seat availability for free on a site like Expedia?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by BThumme
I think I've read in other EVA seat forums that you can't see on the EVA page ahead of time. You can though see through ExpertFlyer.
Thank you for the recommendation. I was able to see seat availability through ExpertFlyer.

Originally Posted by msm
I've never been able to find seat availability on EVA's website prior to paying. Immediately after paying, the user is able to select seats online.

I personally use the KVS tool to see seat availability prior to booking. It has been accurate except that sometimes I find more seats available on EVA's website as compared to KVS tool - but never less.

Perhaps you can preview seat availability for free on a site like Expedia?
Yes, that was my experience in the end. I found that Eva doesn't show seat selection automatically neither before payment nor afterwards. However, once you have the booking reference, you can manually go to look up the reservation and they allow you to pick a seat.

I found a general indication of seat availability through ExpertFlyer and then booked using Eva's system after payment. Expedia was not able to show Eva's seat availability for some reason.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.