Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Eva Air - how strict on carry on bag weight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eva Air - how strict on carry on bag weight?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2010, 1:02 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by tangoll
I didn't fly into LHR as I had cruised to London so don't know if LHR has free trolleys for arriving flight pax use.
Yes, it does.

The guy next to me in Elite on LHR-TPE was asked at check-in to reduce his hand luggage to 12Kg. He would have checked in in the normal area as he doesn't have status.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:31 pm

I will be traveling to Asia with EVA in December this year from SFO. I always take a carry on with me and its dimensions are within EVA's carry-on limits.

If anyone has traveled on EVA recently with carry on from SFO, do they still weigh the carry-on bag? The limit is 7kg and mine carry-on is typically 9kg.

I am not sure if my Star Alliance Gold status will give me some advantage or leeway with the weight limit. EVA will be an official Star Alliance member soon.

Thank you in advance for any feedback on my question.
Old May 9, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: United
my experience has been that EVA is not strict on the carrie-on weight limit, it is quite strict on the checked luggage allowance. there were several incidences where i had to remove stuff from the checked luggage because i was 1-2kg over the limit to avoid the fee.
Old May 11, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 .5 MM
I just got off a TPE to LAX in RL 3 hours ago and not even asked about my two pieces I carried on and one is a 22" roller board. 4 flights in the last 11 days and no issues at all with luggage.

Everything service wise was great except the BKK to TPE flight yesterday. Flight attendants were laughing and spaced out on service. If that was my first flight on them I would never fly them again but the other 3 flights the service was great.
Old May 11, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by mikeinmiami
Everything service wise was great except the BKK to TPE flight yesterday. Flight attendants were laughing and spaced out on service. If that was my first flight on them I would never fly them again but the other 3 flights the service was great.
Was that BR68 yesterday as in Friday? I was in Elite. Got great service (as diamond). They have me the wine list from PL to choose from which they have never done before. Kept the top-ups coming until I said no more. Yep, Diamond should be better, but this sector was no worse than others I fly as Diamond.

[EDIT: just realised it couldn't have been BR68 as you said you were in RL. BR68 is still PL.]
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: Happily off the elite hamster wheel
Does anybody have any experience for strict hand carry weight limits after they officially joined *A? I am planning on flying JFK-TPE in the new business class and really don't want to check it in.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:43 am

I had only one experience during check in at LAX (J class). They told me my hand carry is over weight. I told them I had a heavy camera ; and they just let me go.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Spicy B
Does anybody have any experience for strict hand carry weight limits after they officially joined *A? I am planning on flying JFK-TPE in the new business class and really don't want to check it in.
I regularly fly this route twice a year and always have "only carry-on bag" for a 2-3 wk biz trip. One Tumi expandable carry-on bag, one small medical/cpap bag and a medium size backpack.

Never once ever had a problem - I fly royal laurel class and have no special Eva Air status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.