Search

fly EVA AIR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EVA AIR Gold
Unhappy fly EVA AIR

Hello

if I buy ticket with BR flight number can I accumulate on CO ?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
You can earn CO miles for a BR-coded flight if the purchased fare was Y, K, or C.

Unfortunately, CO has stopped accrural for all other fare classes on BR.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Red face

Originally Posted by EVA Air
You can earn CO miles for a BR-coded flight if the purchased fare was Y, K, or C.

Unfortunately, CO has stopped accrural for all other fare classes on BR.
Wow...

Thanks for your informations.Glad that I asked first.
When did CO stop accepting other BR fare classes ? and can I find this information from CO website ?

What is K class with BR ?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Evergreen Deluxe or Elite.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Red face

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Evergreen Deluxe or Elite.
Thank you !!

So,do I just buy the ticket and submit to CO ? I dont have to give the CO Onepass number to BR.right ?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by AirDude
Thank you !!

So,do I just buy the ticket and submit to CO ? I dont have to give the CO Onepass number to BR.right ?
When you check in with BR, give them your CO number.

There are sectors where Evergreen Deluxe or Elite is not offered... make sure you don't get the higher fare and sit in Economy.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Talking

There are sectors where Evergreen Deluxe or Elite is not offered... make sure you don't get the higher fare and sit in Economy.
Thank you again.
Now I just have to remember only to buy the ticket fare Y.K.C.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor

Eva is a good ride and their Deluxe class is a great bargain. When booking on BR I always give my CO number when booking, then double check it when re-confirming a few days prior to travel. I check again at the airport. I've never had any problem with the mileage posting, but I save the boarding pass stubs until I'm sure the miles are in my CO account.

Check your itinerary closely if you're in Deluxe Economy (or whatever they call it). As mentioned, some aircraft don't have that class of service. I encountered this a couple of times when flying to Denpasar, Bali. I was given a seat right at the front of the economy section. It wasn't too bad and I still think the deluxe is a good deal. I'm looking for more comfort on the longhaul overnite segments, anyway. Do check the Eva website when planning your itinerary, some routes offer more than one type of aircraft and you may be able to choose a schedule that includes Deluxe on all segments.

It used to be that you earned CO EQMs for the segments from USA to/from TPE, but that has changed. I quote from looking at CO's Onepass rules on 2/25/2010: "Upon our planned entry into Star Alliance, OnePass members will no longer earn Elite Qualification Miles, Elite Qualification Points or Elite mileage bonuses for travel operated by Amtrak, Emirates, EVA Airways, Hawaiian Airlines, Island Air, Kingfisher and US Helicopter." So, boo, no more EQMs on EVA.

Last edited by Dianne47; Feb 25, 2010 at 9:53 am Reason: to add no more CO EQMs on EVA
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Dianne47
Eva is a good ride and their Deluxe class is a great bargain. When booking on BR I always give my CO number when booking, then double check it when re-confirming a few days prior to travel. I check again at the airport. I've never had any problem with the mileage posting, but I save the boarding pass stubs until I'm sure the miles are in my CO account.

Check your itinerary closely if you're in Deluxe Economy (or whatever they call it). As mentioned, some aircraft don't have that class of service. I encountered this a couple of times when flying to Denpasar, Bali. I was given a seat right at the front of the economy section. It wasn't too bad and I still think the deluxe is a good deal. I'm looking for more comfort on the longhaul overnite segments, anyway. Do check the Eva website when planning your itinerary, some routes offer more than one type of aircraft and you may be able to choose a schedule that includes Deluxe on all segments.

It used to be that you only earned CO EQMs for the segments from USA to/from TPE, I would imagine that hasn't changed.
Per EVA, when you buy Evergreen Deluxe or Elite, you are only guaranteed a seat in that "type" of class on transpacific US/TPE/US portion of your flight. Flights within Asia are NOT guaranteed as short-range aircrafts don't have this "middle" class.

CO EQM is still the case but with VERY LIMITED fare classes now, as reported in Post #2
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by myperks
Flights within Asia are NOT guaranteed as short-range aircrafts don't have this "middle" class.

Yep, I think it's fair to say some do and some don't. Bangkok, Saigon, Jakarta usually have deluxe.

Also on some routes where officially they don't have Deluxe/Elite (eg TPE-HKG), they often use aircraft with Deluxe seating so you should get a Deluxe seat anyway. If it's an EVA operated 747 or 777, it MUST have Deluxe or Elite seating.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Yes, this is why it's good to check Eva's schedule to see what type a/c is scheduled. I did this on my last trip to Vietnam and deliberately chose the schedule with ED class, although I recall the Hanoi to Taipei sector was only MD-90 service and had no Deluxe seats.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by Dianne47
although I recall the Hanoi to Taipei sector was only MD-90 service and had no Deluxe seats.
Yep, don't ever remember seeing anything other than MD-90 on Hanoi.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Often one of the 2 morning flights to BKK is an Airbus (no elite/deluxe), but the flights are only an hour apart so you can just pick the right one.

Back to the OP though. KEEP YOUR PAPERWORK.

I never have posted BR miles back, but the 2 time I flew CI and posted them back to DL I had to call and fax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.