Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA: New AMS schedule, good news for BKK users

Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN

From 30th March, EVA's Amsterdam schedule will change. Morning departures from TPE, evening departures from AMS (as with London). Flights now stop in BKK during the day rather than during nighttime.

This will be good news for BKK users - early morning departure from TPE for BKK, afternoon departure from BKK for TPE (arriving evening).

More convenient for Dutch travellers to BKK too.

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/engli...WT.mc_t=Banner

NB - they are shown as running the 747-COMBIs. That means Deluxe in the nose (much nicer than Elite, IMHO), but SuperBusiness rather than PL.

Not so good for those connecting to other European destinations.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
It looks like the TPE-BKK-TPE portion will replace the current BR211/212 three days a week. So that means 3x74E and 3x332 instead of 6x332.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Oh... so a little complicated for PL flyers from north America connecting in TPE for BKK. They have to know to avoid these flights if they want PL.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 1:37 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Looks like Bangkok is really getting the shaft...

First CI took out BKK-FCO and put in DEL-FCO, now BR replaces 3 of the flights with the tag on BKK-AMS?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jimbo99
NB - they are shown as running the 747-COMBIs. That means Deluxe in the nose (much nicer than Elite, IMHO), but SuperBusiness rather than PL.
+1. I'll take the 74E with Evergreen Deluxe any day. I too think it's better and it's sure better than an A330. The IFE is not great but I'll take 24 D or G kick back and enjoy.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EVA777
I'll take 24 D or G kick back and enjoy.
I always went for 27C/H. A bit noisy perhaps, but I could never "get my feet up" on 24D/G.

Yep I sorely miss the combis on LHR. The ONLY thing I like about Elite is the laptop power... and my new laptop runs 8 hours from the battery so even that's not such a big deal these days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.