Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA air: yet another OP-UP and a trip report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN

Well.. a big suprise getting OP-UPed on the 3.5 hour flight TPE to SGN the other day. That's two trips running where I was upgraded Elite(L) to PL.

The service was spot on too, despite being a a near packed flight which kept the FAs busy. The service was better than in PL on LHR-BKK which I mentioned in another thread.

The full trip report is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post13071187

The only negative was not getting the flight I wanted. For about 10 days I was waitlisting for a flight the following day. Unlike on previous occasions it wasn't absolutely necessary which day I flew so I didn't push them. So basically I was sitting on the waitlist right up until the last minute when I took the confirmed flight I already had. No doubt Gold priority waitlisting does get you priority, but it's far from a guarantee. For me that's the most valuable perk that Diamonds have, assuming it really does work for all fare classes. (The rule says "discounted fares not included".) This was an L code, one of the cheaper Elite fare classes but the only one available out of Saigon.

Last edited by jimbo99; Dec 29, 2009 at 1:13 am
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by jimbo99
The only negative was not getting the flight I wanted. For about 10 days I was waitlisting for a flight the following day. Unlike on previous occasions it wasn't absolutely necessary which day I flew so I didn't push them. So basically I was sitting on the waitlist right up until the last minute when I took the confirmed flight I already had. No doubt Gold priority waitlisting does get you priority, but it's far from a guarantee. For me that's the most valuable perk that Diamonds have, assuming it really does work for all fare classes. (The rule says "discounted fares not included".) This was an L code, one of the cheaper Elite fare classes but the only one available out of Saigon.
So far, I would say that Diamonds do get whatever booking code they want. I've been cleared for Elite in V class and Economy in U class. Also an award seat in D class was cleared for me as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.