Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Flying into FRA - taking train to Dusseldorf - Please help?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying into FRA - taking train to Dusseldorf - Please help?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2009, 3:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
The easiest to do is to buy an Online-Ticket on the DB website. Go for the normal price (full fare), which is the same as when you buy it at the station on the day of departure. You can then use any train using the same route and the same train type. These tickets are also fully refundable before departure, and a refund is very easy to do online. Refund after departure attracts a 15 Euro fee.

Advantage is that you can print an online ticket at home and just get on the train. You can make a seat reservation, but for a 1pm train, this is probably not necessary.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 4:30 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
You can make a seat reservation, but for a 1pm train, this is probably not necessary.
If you arrive on a Friday I strongly suggest to make a seat reservation. Also make a reservation when you see during the booking process a "R" behind the train you selected. It means it is advised to make seat reservation because this particular train tends to be very full.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
OP is travelling on a Monday, so no problem finding a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.