Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Eurostar return ticket

Eurostar return ticket

Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec
Eurostar return ticket

I have a very cheap (47.00 return youth fare) ticket with Eurostar, Gare du Nord - St Pancras Int. If I fail to turn up for the outward element of this reservation, will my return be cancelled? Thanks for your help. Nick.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Welcome to Flyertalk.

No, unlike air travel, if you don't travel on your outward ticket the return portion will still be valid.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Silver, Accor Plat, IHG Plat, BW
If you already have your ticket, you will notice that each sector is printed on a separate piece of card. As Strawb says, not having used one of them will not invalidate the other.

Though you don't ask this, it is also my experience that, again unlike airlines, you still get Frequent Traveller points for journeys booked and paid for even though you never actually checked in for (or travelled on) the train.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Any confirmation if this is still true?

I have a Paris-London-Paris ticket and want to know if I can just use the return only if need be.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.