Search

new elite level for Grand Voyageur?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
FWIW, I can log in OK and it says I have something like 4300 s'miles. But I haven't yet tried to book a free ticket. But yes, it's terrible that we can't see how we earned those s'miles and if they have accurately credited us with all the points we have coming to us.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 5:47 am

Programs: Many
I tried to use my card in France for shopping (Monoprix) and gas (Shell). It is accepted but still no miles (s'miles, sorry).
Old Oct 25, 2005, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If they had Carrefour as a partner, I would score massive points.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 1:29 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Well your status has moved from "great traveller" to "very great traveller" !

Originally Posted by stimpy
I found a new Grand Voyageur card in a pile of old junk mail at home. Apparently they changed all the numbers? Anyhow, when I logged into the website to see how many points I had, it said my new status was Tres Grand Voyageur.

I'm not sure what that means or how to find out the list of my transactions on the website, but it's an improvement.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
I just noticed that my card expired at the beginning of the month. No letter or anything reminding me or asking me to renew. I called at a couple of mins to 7, the new closing time for the phone lines that arent free btw, and was placed in queue with a 3 minute wait time but stayed on hold for 10 mins and finally hung up. I suspect they all just walked out and left me in queue.

I guess I am going to renew for the 30 because I have enough pts for a free ticket but I wouldnt otherwise.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by MorganB
I just noticed that my card expired at the beginning of the month. No letter or anything reminding me or asking me to renew. I called at a couple of mins to 7, the new closing time for the phone lines that arent free btw, and was placed in queue with a 3 minute wait time but stayed on hold for 10 mins and finally hung up. I suspect they all just walked out and left me in queue.

I guess I am going to renew for the 30 because I have enough pts for a free ticket but I wouldnt otherwise.
If your card has already expired, you have to get up early to convince SNCF that your points should continue on the "new" card.

See this article originally from lemonde.fr
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:31 am

and you'll have to pay 30 Euros to have the new card issued for 3 years...
And SNCF calls this "rewards for regular travellers"....
Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I got a points statement finally. However it sure doesn't seem right. It lists the detail of my trips from July 6th to Oct 1st, however all it has is 4 trips in May listed, and I took a heck of a lot more than that over the period. Two of the trips it shows I got triple points (I pretty much always use the machine to buy my tickets), but the others are something like 2.8 points per ticket.

I tried the website and I have a thousand more points than I did a month ago. But I can't see anywhere to see the detail of the points earned. Who knows what's going on?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 8:02 am

Their system so far can only indicate a global miles level, but no detail.
You are supposed to wait for the detailed sheet to come by mail... three months later....
Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:41 am

OT, I am sorry but I found a tip :
Being frequently out of France, I cannot book any ticket with SNCF, as their booking number is not available from abroad, nor the Elite number. I managed to pass over it by calling the office SNCF number +33 1 53 25 6000 and asking politely : "I am abroad, and I cannot reach the booking line from there. What can I do?" They will connect you directly to an agent.

I wonder how much you really pay, as the booking number is 0,34 EUR / min. Though I never tried from France to avoid the fee.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 2:00 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Grand Voyageur Le Club

Un nouveau statut décerné aux meilleurs Grands Voyageurs professionnels

Les membres du Programme Grand Voyageur qui ont atteint le seuil de 14 000 S’Miles Statut Le Club en 12 mois maximum se voient décerner le statut Grand Voyageur Le Club. Ces S’Miles Statut Le Club se gagnent uniquement à la SNCF et sont recensés par le Compteur Le Club.

Les Grands Voyageurs Le Club reçoivent alors automatiquement et gratuitement une nouvelle carte valable un an qui leur donne accès à des services et des avantages exclusifs.

Avec la Carte Grand Voyageur Le Club, bénéficiez d’un barème de cumul de S’Miles plus avantageux : pour un euro dépensé sur vos billets aux Tarifs Normal et Fréquence, cumulez 4 S’Miles au lieu de 3 S’Miles.

Grand Voyageur Le Club, c’est un éventail de services professionnels encore plus complet : la souplesse d’accès à bord étendue à 2h au lieu d’une heure actuellement ; chaque année, 2 allers-retours en 1ère classe au prix de la 2nde offerts ; un service d’assistance bagages perdus ; une Ligne Dédiée Grand Voyageur Le Club pour une écoute personnalisée ; et enfin, un espace dédié Grand Voyageur Le Club sur votre site www.grandvoyageur-sncf.com.

Les partenaires Grand Voyageur offrent plus aux membres du Club… surclassement sur les locations de voiture avec Avis, surclassement sur une sélection d’hôtels Sofitel, 50% de S’Miles en plus sur vos achats aux Galeries Lafayette. Découvrez aussi la nouvelle Prime Prestige Le Club avec les Forfaits Lys Relais & Châteaux pour vivre des séjours d’exception.
SNCF launches "Le Club", Elite status of their Grand Voyageur loyalty program:
  • 14,000 SNCF S'miles a year required for qualification
  • Elites earn 33% more miles
  • Extended last minute flexibility: 2 hours
  • 2 complimentary "upgrades" R/T train tickets per year (1ère classe for the price of 2nde classe)
  • Avis and Sofitel upgrades...
Old Jun 21, 2007, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
SNCF launches "Le Club", Elite status of their Grand Voyageur loyalty program:
Yep, I got the email too and I easily qualify. So I guess I will find out more in the mail someday? I don't see much of a benefit other than the 33% bonus though. Still it is nice to see.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Has anyone gotten the email about the new TGV Pro? I'm trying to figure out what it is and if it is worth joining and what it takes to join. I already have a coupon frequence for 1st class so other than earning a few more SMiles I'm not sure what the value is?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Has anyone gotten the email about the new TGV Pro? I'm trying to figure out what it is and if it is worth joining and what it takes to join.
From what I've understood in the press release, you choose for "Offre Pro" at the reservation of your 1st Class ticket.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 3:09 am

According to Le Figaro today, Offre Pro will cost from 2 to 4 EUR more than the normal fare.

Originally Posted by Le Figaro
Prendre un billet Pro, c'est la formule préconisée par la SNCF. Il coûte 2 eur de plus que le tarif normal (4 eur en Première)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.