Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss pass related question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Swiss pass related question

Hello all,
We are landing at GVA early (7:30AM) from the USA.
We have to buy a Swiss travel pass immediately and likely go to Luzern. (our Geneva program got cancelled...so not spending time there).

Is it easy to buy a Swiss pass at GVA Airport station? I understand one could buy the pass online....I prefer to buy it after landing.
(I am used to buying it at ZRH airport....never used GVA airport).

A related question:
GVA airport site lists showers: Showers - Wellness - Genčve Aéroport (gva.ch)
Any recent experiences on using these?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:59 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I don't see why there would be a problem buying it, but beware the opening hours: https://www.sbb.ch/en/station-servic...tschalter-1f01

If your flight lands early, you can get a free ticket from the baggage reclaim area (no returning once you leave) and go to the main station, where there will definitely be no problem buying it.

Don't know about the showers but if you have a hotel in Lucerne I would just go there and shower.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
I don't see why there would be a problem buying it, but beware the opening hours: https://www.sbb.ch/en/station-servic...tschalter-1f01

If your flight lands early, you can get a free ticket from the baggage reclaim area (no returning once you leave) and go to the main station, where there will definitely be no problem buying it.

Don't know about the showers but if you have a hotel in Lucerne I would just go there and shower.
This is very useful! thank you!!
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:29 am

I'm looking to buy a Swiss Travel pass at ZRH Kloten International airport. From what ft4lyf says, it is not a problem to purchase it right on site, rather than online. I wonder if tit is the same price. Thanks for confirming.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Budapest
I'm looking to buy a Swiss Travel pass at ZRH Kloten International airport. From what ft4lyf says, it is not a problem to purchase it right on site, rather than online. I wonder if tit is the same price. Thanks for confirming.
I ended up buying online - as I did not want to add the extra train transfer from GVA airport station to Geneva station early in the morning with luggage, etc.

However, I believe that the prices are the same online and on site.

I took the train from GVA airport to Lucerne (there was no need to change trains in between).
It was very convenient!

We were asked to show ID's with our Swiss pass on several trains.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I used one last month. It struck me that the pass was cheaper if you bought it at least 2 weeks in advance on line. If you check online a price for tomorrow vs 3 weeks from now, you will see.

Having a paper copy of it worked great. We were on a train at ZRH within a few minutes of landing, used subways, and a boat across Lake Geneva.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.