Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Sparpreis tickets to France with domestic TGV connection

Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA KL

I’ve been trying to plan a journey from Munich to Nantes. I thought I might have to do two separate tickets (breaking in Strasbourg to avoid crossing Paris with young kids)
However DB’s website shows through Sparpreise Fares all the way to Nantes (if you manually add a stopover in Strasbourg). It’s much cheaper than doing two tickets.

I knew you could get Sparpreise tickets on journeys to France from Germany (such as Stuttgart – Paris), but this is the first one I’ve seen that includes a connecting TGV journey fully within France? The furthest ahead you seem to be able to book them is 3 months.

Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:02 am

You probably noticed that you first had to click on "determine price" and were then redirected to https://www.international-bahn.de/

This is a new booking platform that DB has been building, and I believe that Amadeus is behind it. It can even book trips outside Germany (Switzerland to Italy for example...). Still has some bugs though.
Sheepfan likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA KL
Originally Posted by KayVeeBee
You probably noticed that you first had to click on "determine price" and were then redirected to https://www.international-bahn.de/

This is a new booking platform that DB has been building, and I believe that Amadeus is behind it. It can even book trips outside Germany (Switzerland to Italy for example...). Still has some bugs though.
That's what I was expecting, but it didn't happen, straight to the price and booking on the normal site, rather than the international one. I can't book my journey's date yet (seems to be maximum 3 months ahead).

I tried to look online to see if I could find any more info on these offers, but my German isn't good enough. There is some mention at the link below of tickets that can be booked maximum 3 months in advance.

https://assets.static-bahn.de/dam/jc...01.01.2021.pdf

"Nur nach Haltebahnhöfen des HGV Deutschland/Frankreich und –bei Umstieg in Strasbourg- nach Bordeaux, Marseille und Montpellier • Fahrkarten zum Sparpreis Frankreich nach Bordeaux, Marseille oder Montpellier, mit Umstieg in Strasbourg, sind abweichend von Nr. 6.1.3 SCIC-NRT frühestens 3 Monate vor dem 1. Geltungstag erhältlich. • Fahrkarten sind längstens bis einen Tag vor dem ersten Geltungstag erhältlich, je nach Verfügbarkeit. • bei Buchung der Fahrkarte über die Gesamtstrecke Deutschland – Frankreich ist eine kostenlose Reservierung für den Streckenabschnitt im reservierungspflichtigen Zug enthalten."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.