Reload this Page >

sbb saver day pass pricing after June 8, 2020

Old Jun 8, 20, 7:27 am
nrr
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond

SBB has resumed selling saver day passes beginning with June 8.
Before the shutdown if you had a 1/2 fare card, on most weekends (if you purchased 2 months before travel) a 1st class SDP and a 2nd class SDP were 49SFR; on weekdays 1st class rose to 66SFR, while 2nd class reduced to as low as 29SFR.
NOW, for most 1 month+ purchases 2nd class is 39 and 1st class is 99--particularly for 1st class a 50 SFR difference. Why the big difference now?--could that be an error which will be adjusted?
[An upgrade 2nd to 1st is priced at 52SFR, so even doing that 39 + 52 = 91 < 99.]
Old Jun 8, 20, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
I think this is an error indeed. There's zero mention of a pricing change anywhere. I`m sure the community would have picked it up.
Give it a day or two.
Old Jun 9, 20, 7:37 am
nrr
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I left a message on the SBB "community board", and received the response:
The price of the saver day passes in 1st class is correct. At the moment there is a restrictive offer for the saver day passes in 1st class. In the medium term, the supply will be increased depending on the development of demand. As usual, the saver day passes in 2nd class are available from CHF 29, but temporarily with a reduced quota. Very attractive prices for 1st class can be found with the Supersaver Tickets
I visit Switz. as a tourist about every two months (1)I'm a "train buff"--I have a fascination with riding trains and (2)love seeing Swiss scenery--many of my trips are on SBB and private lines (covered with the saver pass) but have NO Super Saver tickets.
But, they do still sell a "leisure" travel card, you get 20 days/year, averaging out to 76 SFR/trip (in 1st cl.) and I don't have to buy a SDB two months in advance, I can travel on days with "nice" weather. That they are even selling the "leisure" travel cards seems to contradict "reduced quota" noted in their response to me.
Old Jun 30, 20, 4:06 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think prices are much higher than what I previously paid for Super Saver tickets and you have to book earlier. Now that I have given up the GA I have found myself paying normal half fare card fares more often than not. As for the day card, I just got one from the commune where I live which cost CHF45 for the day.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: