Reload this Page >

SBB 6 PACK DAY CARD expiration issue

Old Apr 20, 20, 4:49 am
nrr
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond

Before the single saver day passes they used to sell "a 6 pack of day cards" (pay for 5 get 6), they were valid for 3 years. I have 1 use left on one which expires on Aug. 21, 2020. I do have a trip booked (many months ago) for Switz. beginning Aug. 19 so I still should be able to use that 1 day pass...but I can't project 4 months into the future. Have they extended the expiration dates?
Probably a moot point, they sold 2 varieties of the 6 packs: (a)valid on weekdays (NO holidays) after 9:00 AM, (b)valid even on weekends (incl. holidays), no time restriction; (b) was considerably more expensive than (a).
But, the (current) saver day passes are always cheaper on weekends--seems to be the opposite of the "old" 6 pack pricing.
Old Apr 22, 20, 4:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Better to use up the remaining day pass if you can, without worrying about Saver day passes (all Saver tickets are indefinitely suspended). I reckon if they haven't extended them, you will be able to get them extended without too much difficulty. Can you pop into a ticket office and ask?

I must say, I gave up with these 6 for 5 multicourse ticket-style day saver passes a long time ago (that's pretty good, I never thought I would be able to find the right English words for all of that!!). I found they were not such a great deal in the end and in order to use them all before expiry I ended up having to take an unnecessary day towards the end. This raises the question as to whether these so called good deal purchases are really a good deal in the end, even if they offer you one extra trip for "free".
Old Apr 23, 20, 6:57 am
nrr
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Better to use up the remaining day pass if you can, without worrying about Saver day passes (all Saver tickets are indefinitely suspended). I reckon if they haven't extended them, you will be able to get them extended without too much difficulty. Can you pop into a ticket office and ask?

I must say, I gave up with these 6 for 5 multicourse ticket-style day saver passes a long time ago (that's pretty good, I never thought I would be able to find the right English words for all of that!!). I found they were not such a great deal in the end and in order to use them all before expiry I ended up having to take an unnecessary day towards the end. This raises the question as to whether these so called good deal purchases are really a good deal in the end, even if they offer you one extra trip for "free".
Not until Aug. 19 (assuming travel by air and rail have returned to semi-normal).
I don't think they sell the 6 packs anymore. When I purchased the 6 packs, initially there was NO weekend restriction, later they sold the split versions, but the 3 YEAR validity made them better than nothing. [SAVER DPs are relatively new!]
I'm guessing IF rail returns to semi-normal, they will start selling SAVER DPs again.
Old Apr 23, 20, 4:35 pm

Oh the rail companies will be here, stronger than ever, and they will be selling DPs again. I'm sure of it.
Do you want me to ask for you? I can pop in tomorrow or Saturday, I am a mouse hop from a station.
Old Apr 24, 20, 1:51 am
nrr
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Oh the rail companies will be here, stronger than ever, and they will be selling DPs again. I'm sure of it.
Do you want me to ask for you? I can pop in tomorrow or Saturday, I am a mouse hop from a station.
Thank you--YES!
Old Apr 24, 20, 10:45 am

I didn't go in today, but I will definitely be going in tomorrow. Montreux station is a very pretty 20 minute walk from here (during Corona, I am going up and down the steep hill trails and getting very fit in the process). I've had just been translating your situation into French, so that I can give a very clear and concise explanation without garbling it. But I know most of the agents at Montreux and they are all very nice, young and old. They've helped me out loads of times, far more than I've ever helped them out, so I am confident of a favorable resolution.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: