Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DB Deutsche Bahn Refunds or Vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:54 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Yes I am a Bahnbonus member. Interestingly with the exception of promo voucher I always received voucher (after a delay compensation for example) by snail mail. I have a mental note to check it at the Reisezentrum on the next time I take the train (finger crossed this might be Munich in August).
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's strange. You should be able to call up your reservation, Sparpreis, Super Sparpreis, or whatever, and see it with a red S indicating Storniert (cancelled). At the bottom should be the voucher code. So I don't understand why it isn't working.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I know the website is the definitive source for this information, but has anyone heard whether DB intends to extend their Covid-19 'Sonderkulanzregelung' past April 30? I have some Super-Sparpreis travel booked for May which is looking unlikely given that the borders are closed for non-essential travel (I'm in North America). Should I assume I am SOL?
Old May 15, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by progapanda
I know the website is the definitive source for this information, but has anyone heard whether DB intends to extend their Covid-19 'Sonderkulanzregelung' past April 30? I have some Super-Sparpreis travel booked for May which is looking unlikely given that the borders are closed for non-essential travel (I'm in North America). Should I assume I am SOL?
I suppose at this point DB hasn't extended past May 4? I have a train ticket next week that for obvious reasons I can't use. The only time I could use that ticket is in exactly 1 year, but DB is only allowing flexibility until Oct 30. Is there a number I can call to plead my case?
Old May 17, 2020, 2:34 pm

For another data point on another company, öbb have already issued me a voucher for the equivalent of a sparpreis ticket scheduled for mid-June, although I don't know if that's in relation to my query about a refund (it's the Rome-Vienna sleeper that's already cancelled) or general practice
Old May 17, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
The OEBB has a more generous Coronavirus exchange and cancellation policy than DB. DB is not allowing vouchers for any travel scheduled after May 4, 2020. However, tickets may be used on the same route until October 31. If anyone has received exceptions to this policy from DB, please kindly post and share your experience.

Originally Posted by jt82
For another data point on another company, öbb have already issued me a voucher for the equivalent of a sparpreis ticket scheduled for mid-June, although I don't know if that's in relation to my query about a refund (it's the Rome-Vienna sleeper that's already cancelled) or general practice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.