Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Eurostar - Increased requirements for Carte Blanche

Old Aug 15, 19, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avis PC, (Hilton, Accor, SPG, Radisson) Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche

As reported by @Raffles this morning on HfP, it seems the requirements to qualify for the Carte Blanche will go up from 1800 points to 2400.

I don't understand why they didn't remove Amex Plat. lounge access first, but apparently the Business check-in lines were getting too long. I have a few suggestions about those, mostly by moving a few tensa barriers around (especially in Paris). But hey-ho, I'll have to travel a bit more. My family will be happy

Link: https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...anche-changes/
Old Aug 15, 19, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avis PC, (Hilton, Accor, SPG, Radisson) Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
And now the email from Club Eurostar has landed in my mailbox.

Dear <alex67500>,

We’re writing to let you know that we’re making a change to the points threshold for retaining your Carte Blanche tier level.

From 23 October 2019, you’ll now have to earn 2,400 points or make 32 return journeys with us in a membership year to stay in Carte Blanche.

We’re making this change to improve the comfort and experience of our Business Premier passengers and Carte Blanche members at our fast-track ticket gates and in our Business Premier lounges.

The benefits of being in the tier will remain the same.

Kind regards,

The Club Eurostar team
Old Aug 15, 19, 1:04 pm

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
I've not had anything from E* yet but no doubt it will arrive.
The web site is still telling me that I have re-qualified - it'll be interesting if they really do move the goalposts on existing members in the middle of a year. Unfortunately by past performance they probably will.
They really need to be investigated by the competition authorities for abuse of a monopoly - not just for this but for the whole **** service they provide - particularly the lack of provision for when something goes wrong.
Old Aug 15, 19, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

I agree, my biggest bugbear with Eurostar is crisis management. It's even worse since the Sncf has all but taken over when the UK government sold its stake. Compensation went down, and they can't deal with IRROPS anymore... I wish they were subject to EC261 like airlines!!
Old Aug 19, 19, 5:21 pm

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
I received the same. It makes sense as their lounges can get very crowded during busy periods.Some added value to the ever more expensive amex plat there then.
Old Aug 20, 19, 12:41 am

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
I don't find the lounges that big a benefit. They aren't that good compared to BA lounges back when I had BA silver.
For me, the real benefit of CB is dedicated check-in so you don't have to wait in the long queues that can happen when there are delays or cancellations.
The difference between check-in closing 30 minutes before departure and 10 minutes before departure would also be useful if things went badly wrong getting to St. Pancras or Brussels. There are reports on twitter of the 30 minutes deadline being enforced & people having to pay extra but still making the train they would have been on.

Search this Thread