Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

How to buy SNCF/OuiTGV Advantage card in US?

Old Jun 12, 19, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Last 1K flight 1/21/11; fun while it lasted, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 &

I'm trying to renew or buy a new Senior Advantage card (used to be Senior+ I think) through SNCF but their website kicks back at me, telling me they cannot deliver in time to my address. No matter what date the card starts. It says to use a different delivery method. But gives no options. Thought I could order it and get it by email and print it out at the station, but can't seem to find that option. Does it no longer exist? Do I have to buy/renew the card in the station?

Thanks-
Old Jun 12, 19, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Last 1K flight 1/21/11; fun while it lasted, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 &
OK, I've got an answer for my own question. If you set up an account on trainline.eu, top right, under your name, the drop-down box will allow you to buy a railcard. You'll be emailed your card# and what you need to retrieve the card at any major French rail station. Using the latest SNCF phone app, you can "virtualize" it so you don't have to carry it with you. It's a bit of a pain that SNCF has so many different apps and websites!!! The SNCF app for this doesn't allow you to buy tickets, just import them (along with your discount card info). Hope this helps others!
Taker Park likes this.

Search this Thread