Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Krakow to Prague - Best way to go

Old Jul 30, 18, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K, Marriott Gold

Debating on what mode of travel from Krakow to Prague. We have plenty of time so I was wondering if the is an early morning train that goes all the way without train changes. What would be the duration? We will have a valid rail pass so would just have to pay for the reservations. Our travel times would be around 1 Dec, 2018. Since we will be staying a downtown hotel in Krakow, it seems to be a pain to go to the airport, endure the secrity lines, etc.
Thanks for any guidance and suggestions. By the way, any 4 star hotels you are like that are close to the train station?
Old Jul 30, 18, 12:36 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/tr...ID&&time=10:49
robtroxel and farci like this.
Old Aug 1, 18, 5:24 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Kraków/Prague

Ryanair flies Krakow to Prague and takes an hour.

The train takes 7-9 hours. An overnight option is also available. Consider doing a stopover in a place like Olomouc (not bad for a half day's stop).
robtroxel likes this.
Old Aug 8, 18, 10:12 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Palal View Post

Ryanair flies Krakow to Prague and takes an hour.

The train takes 7-9 hours. An overnight option is also available. Consider doing a stopover in a place like Olomouc (not bad for a half day's stop).
Did this in reverse last year, and since I've wanted to visit Olomouc anyway, it was a great way to go, since that's where I would change trains.

Olomouc is a nice town with lots of (to most unknown) history, and I managed to find myself spending the night under a football stadium

In hotel Gól, which was situated under the grandstand of the stadium - looked like it was from the Communist era, but quite clean.

Not sure if it still operates, as web page now shows a brand new hotel next to stadium.

I went from Krakow to Vienna, but did not find a good rail route at the right price so went with PolskiBus, which was the right price, though less comfortable.
robtroxel likes this.
Old Jul 6, 19, 2:37 am

Leo Express works wonders, it's quite cheap as well.
Old Oct 6, 19, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I would look at FlixBus. They have a few buses each day between the two cities. Plus, the buses stop at two or three different places in Prague. Not just the main railway station.

Last edited by Fanjet; Oct 6, 19 at 11:04 pm
Old Oct 7, 19, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by wojciechm View Post
Leo Express works wonders, it's quite cheap as well.
I second that. But it means a really early start from Krakow (04:53) and the direct train only runs on Mondays and Saturdays, arriving in Prague at 11:23.

If you have a 1st class railpass, the first class section is a delight - comfortable leather seating and some drinks and snacks included. Reservations (with seat selection) are free for railpass-holders on the Leo Express website. Unfortunately, with a railpass there is no way to upgrade to Premium class - even better seating, with a meal and soft and alcoholic drinks included.

Edit: just spotted the OP was over a year ago!
:D! likes this.

Search this Thread