Eurostar 9128; 10 March

Old Mar 10, 18, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Eurostar 9128; 10 March

I was on that blasted train, which broke down 12km outside Brussels.

I’m posting this from an overnight DB train as all my connections were ruined thanks to Eurostar and Thalys.
A bit nervous as the conductor said ‘You’re going to Berlin? On this train? Look after your belongings. We’re next door if anything happens’

I get that trains break, but it was handled pretty poorly. On train manager was visible and provided updates, but it took ES almost three hours to get a rescue train. Safety on the tracks aside, there was a suburban station about 250metres from the front of the train.

Anyway, this is just a tired rant at 0050 on a train from Cologne to Berlin.

Thalys were as bad as any UK train operator at communicating their own delays and did that, what I thought was a peculiarly British thing of not mentioning the delay at first. Then mentioning it about 10 minutes after the scheduled time, then saying the train was 30 minutes late (17:25 + 00:30) - but the plus thirty minutes being from the time of the announcement, not 1725. And then the train disappeared from the screens and we were sent to Platform 18 at Bruxelles Midi for an ICE train.

Before this, there were three platform changes at Bruxelles Midi, from 5A to 6B to 5A. A Thalys train, destination Dortmund did arrive at 17:xx but we weren’t allowed to board and that slinked off.

Why didn’t I fly?
Old Mar 13, 18, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Silver; LH FTL, IHG Spire; Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
Why didnít I fly?
Exactly what I was thinking, as I read through your post. The Eurostar just about cuts it for Brussels, but not if you have an onward connection, especially to somewhere with direct BA flights!
Old Mar 13, 18, 9:09 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by Deltus View Post
Exactly what I was thinking, as I read through your post. The Eurostar just about cuts it for Brussels, but not if you have an onward connection, especially to somewhere with direct BA flights!
I take it you won't be trying out the Amsterdam Eurostar then?
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Silver; LH FTL, IHG Spire; Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
That might be ok on the outbound, but having to get off in Brussels on the return to clear security and passport control sounds tedious.
Old Mar 16, 18, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
I am booked on the first train!

Search this Thread