Train: Horgen to Geneva

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Train: Horgen to Geneva

Hi All,

Hope I posted in the right spot.

Trying to plan travel from Horgen to Geneva (city center to city center). I don't see Horgen as a stop on a Eurail timetable so guessing I need to start in Zurich instead.

Is it smarter / easier to go by train? Or is flying still the way to go?

Decision will be made based on a combination of price / overall travel duration / ease, but I don't know which of those factors is more important yet. This would be for evening travel.

I'm still googling stuff, but would appreciate any advice in the meantime.

Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Horgen to Geneva is 3h16m with a connection in Zurich HB

Price is CHF 46

Use the SBB website, not Eurail
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Perfect. Thank you.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:33 am

For future trips go to 'the oracle'!

Details of all European train schedules are hosted here in a number of languages. However for fares outside Germany you need to consult the national operator's site as mentioned by ajeleonard for your Horgen trip
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:08 am

Use the SBB website indeed. Never use the Eurail site for anything related to rail travel.
The price however will be more than 46,- The SBB website defaults to giving half prices, as everybody who uses public transport regularly in CH has a half fare card, and if you don't have this card you pay the normal price, which is 93,-...
You can save some money when you buy a supersaver ticket. You can buy these up to a month in advance, but you are then bound to take the train you selected during purchase. With normal tickets you can take any train.
One last tip: I you don't know which station (there are several in Horgen) to select, just enter the street adress where your trip starts in the planner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.