Search

Eurostar New Frequent Traveller Scheme

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Eurostar New Frequent Traveller Scheme

Hi,

Eurostar have announced a new frequent traveller scheme, merging both the "Plus Points" scam and the actual frequent traveller program.
(https://help.eurostar.com/faq/uk-en/...alty-programme)

I'm guessing it'll be harder to reach Carte Blanche status... Does anybody have an idea by how much? Or what other changes might be?

By the way, Amex Plat gets you in the business lounges -- if you haven't tried the new Paris one, hurry up! The cocktail bar is wonderful
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Back in July Rob from HeadForPoints.com wrote a nice piece about this merger and what to expect from it: http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/07...ints-changing/
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Eurostar Carte Blanche
After the new Club Eurostar website launched, we lost the ability to see our membership expiration date and the number of points remaining to maintain our current status. Is there any way to find out this information, other than to send email to the help center?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:47 am

I agree
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Evening all. I just found out that we have been screwed by Eurostar with this change. I emailed customer care and have been told that all the status points earned this year are void. The points for free travel remain - but the points I accumulated through travel for progress to Carte Blanche are gone. Apparently I might as well not have bothered - none of the points I earned under the old scheme have transferred. I can't believe they've done this. Is there anyone else who can corroborate this?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
Club level/ renewal

Originally Posted by eijiflyertalk
After the new Club Eurostar website launched, we lost the ability to see our membership expiration date and the number of points remaining to maintain our current status. Is there any way to find out this information, other than to send email to the help center?
You can see both of these in the mobile app ( on android at least)
Old May 25, 2018, 1:01 pm

When the original emails came out they promised status extension for 12 months. The emails were poorly phrased and I thought as CB I’d lose my status as my year ended in November. However, it did say, anyone a CB member at the time of the change in December would have their year extended by 12 months. My partners year is almost up and there’s no sign of this happening.

Has anyone had their CB status extended without reaching the required points?
Old May 25, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
I did. Like you, I read it as "automatic extension". So didn't push at the required points (was off by 200)

When membership year came round and I didn't renew, I got in touch, pointed out the wording. Got brush off from first contact, so did a HUACA and then got a mail confirming renewal (and then I saw the wording change..)

So, you may get lucky but be prepared to make a case.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by happyintheair

When membership year came round and I didn't renew, I got in touch, pointed out the wording. Got brush off from first contact, so did a HUACA and then got a mail confirming renewal (and then I saw the wording change..)
HUACA?

My story is a little different. I had about 900 status points before they changed the scheme in December and wiped those out completely. I was pretty unhappy with that, complained, but nothing doing. They said “your membership year renews 6 April, your points will roll over, so you have plenty of time to earn status again, don’t worry”. I have lounge access through my Amex so wasn’t that bothered.

April 6 rolls around, by which time I’d earned a fair few points, and guess what - they wipe them out! I couldn’t believe it. I emailed them and they were like “yeah sorry it’s a mistake we will restore them” but it was taking a while.

I ended up having to reach out to the director of Club Eurostar. He fixed it - upgraded me to CB as I was so close anyway.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:46 pm

Sigh. Given this is now a while later I imagine a bit of too’ing and frooing will be required.

Thanks both.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:00 pm

In case someone else has the same question as me. My partner called two weeks before his membership was up; was told that it would automatically renew - however they admitted there was no auto feature for this. So guess his call triggered to be placed on a list, which upon his due date led to auto renewal as he was short this year.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
In case someone else has the same question as me. My partner called two weeks before his membership was up; was told that it would automatically renew - however they admitted there was no auto feature for this. So guess his call triggered to be placed on a list, which upon his due date led to auto renewal as he was short this year.
Mine was renewed automatically in May. I'd requalified before the December changes actually so maybe that helps...

By the way, this is year 10. Is there such a thing as CB for life?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.