Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Karlsruhe HBf to Karlsuhe Bahnofsvorplatz

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Karlsruhe HBf to Karlsuhe Bahnofsvorplatz

I am heading to Baden Baden to enjoy the spa from Paris while I am on vacation in Europe. I have a 23 minute transfer time at Karlsruhe Hbf to Bahnhofsvorplatz. Will this be enough time? Are there any maps or directions in English. I can barely speak German and don't want to end up missing my train to Baden-Baden.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

Never been in Karlsruhe but Bahnhofsvorplatz translated is an area in front of the rail station (most cities have an area like this with this name)
http://www.bahnhof.de/file/bahnhof-d...Hbf_de_PDF.pdf
Shows that one exit leads directly to teh Bahnhofsvorplatz (the lower one on the pdf).

If you use the webpage
http://www.bahnhof.de/bahnhof-de/Karlsruhe_Hbf.html
The Bahnhofsvorplatz in just at the north exit (you see some black tracks right outside the big rail station).

Or just look at google maps (Hbf Bahnhofsvorplatz has a green symbol with an S in it)

So all in all I would think 5-10 minutes depending on which track you arrive upon should be enough time to get you there.

Let me know if I can help (german native speaker)
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: SK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ilkhats44
I am heading to Baden Baden to enjoy the spa from Paris while I am on vacation in Europe. I have a 23 minute transfer time at Karlsruhe Hbf to Bahnhofsvorplatz. Will this be enough time? Are there any maps or directions in English. I can barely speak German and don't want to end up missing my train to Baden-Baden.
I used to live in Karlsruhe. As blitzen stated, Bahnhofsvorplatz is the German word for "square in front of the train station", so yes, 23 minutes is ample time. Literally all you need to do is leave the station through the main entrance (at the end with lower-numbered platforms; there should be signs for "Tram").

Even if you were to miss your connection, there are frequent regional and suburban trains to Baden-Baden, all of which should be covered by your ticket. If in doubt, just ask at the information desk.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ilkhats44
I can confidently tell you that you will need no more than three minutes to get from your platform to the Bahnhofsvorplatz in Karlsruhe (I was there only two weeks ago). When you get there you'll see what I mean!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Cool deal, thank you all that replied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.