Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich Airport to Salzburg

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
When I go to bahn.com, it says that the Bayern ticket is for a specific train only.
Seems to give the impression earlier in this thread that it's flexible.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by xenole
When I go to bahn.com, it says that the Bayern ticket is for a specific train only.
Seems to give the impression earlier in this thread that it's flexible.
It is flexible. The website simply show that the Bayernticket is the cheapest option for that service, i.e. no cheaper tickets exist that would be valid on that train.

Once purchased, the Bayernticket gives unlimited travel on all local and regional trains within Bavaria (and often to the first station across a state/national border) for the rest of that day (after 0900 on work days).

I live in the Bodensee (Lake Constance) region and often use the Bayernticket to travel to Munich and back.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Ok, went and bought a Munich Airport-Munich OST-Salzburg HbF ticket for €25.

Easy enough.
Registered on the site so I can access things and printed a couple of copies off.
Then installed the DB Navigator app. Pain getting that to work as it's case sensitive with regards to my surname but got a barcode / QR code on the screen for scanning.
Hopefully there will be no issues.

Added:
Zero problems.

Bought a €25 second class ticket from the Munich Airport to Salzburg online, printed it out and added it to the app.
Plane landed and was on the S Bahn platform in 7 minutes and that wasn't rushing.
Caught the 10:24am S8 train to Munich OST that arrived at platform 1 and then through the underpass to platform 8 with a 15 minute wait.
Train arrived and left on time.
No buffet car that I could see on the Meridian train so bring food and drink if you want something. Toilets seemed to be either end of the train in a big box in the middle of the carriage.
Mobile app barcode scanned by the ticket inspector shortly after leaving and a quick glance at my passport.
Right hand side of the direction of travel has the mountain views although blocked from time to time by fencing etc.

Last edited by xenole; Feb 27, 2017 at 1:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.