Eurostar Paris to London

Old Jan 11, 17, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Eurostar Paris to London

Hi,

Will take the train in July (no booking possible yet) but for earlier dates the difference between Standard and Standard Premier is around $250 other dates show i.e. 176 > 422 (2 adults and one child).
That seems to be outrageous for a 2.5h train ride (especially compared to the Thalys Cologne to Paris 3.5h the Comfort 2 to Comfort 1 "upgrade" is only $75).
Is there anyway to later upgrade the ticket cheaper. Do they offer discount upgrades closer to departure?
Old Jan 11, 17, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...ostar-faq.html
Old Jan 11, 17, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
that shows that I can do it, but at which conditions? Are they sticking to the original difference or do they offer discounts/sales?
Old Jan 11, 17, 4:17 pm

Well, if you are willing to wait right up until departure, Eurostar do frequently offer upgrades to Standard Premier at check-in for round about the 50 mark. Given that July is more a holiday month than a business month, you've probably got a good chance - but nothing is guaranteed.

Search this Thread