Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

cannot book eurostar on uk site

Old Jan 14, 16, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

been trying to book London to paris on uk Eurostar online ,im in Canada ,everything goes good ,but it wont take my telephone number , tried London hotel phone number that I will be staying at , still wont take it ,keeps saying prob with phone number , its a good rate on uk site so I like to book it from there site , like I said I'm in Canada ,can I book it , if so how ,know can book from Canada site buts its higher price,takes my credit card ,only problem is phone number ,tried leaving it blank , still no good,please if there is a way let me know , want to book it .
Old Jan 14, 16, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

never mind got it to work
Old Jan 15, 16, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
If you're booking on the Eurostar UK site, you'll have to pay a 4 credit card fee. Since you're in Canada, you'll probably be paying an overseas usage fee on your credit card too (eg 3%)

Easiest thing is to book on the Eurostar Belgian site, in English. Charged in Euros, but either GBP or EUR are overseas for you. The Eurostar Belgian site has no credit card fees

Otherwise, book with Loco2 (2.5% fee for using a credit card, none for debit card, bills in GBP) or Captain Train (no credit card fee, bills in EUR) - both of those sites sell Eurostar tickets for the same price as Eurostar themselves, but with better websites!
Old Jan 15, 16, 5:16 am
Original Poster

yes knew that , went to Canada , usa,bel sites , tickets were higher , when I last checked Canada site return tixs from London to paris was close to $400 can, went to uk Eurostar and got tickets for me and my wife London to paris return in june for total $120 british pounds , I paid in us dollars ,so checked my us credit card , I was charged $173 us which is $258 Canadian ,so I'm real happy with that price , I paid $29 british pounds per person each way.

Search this Thread